Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ron  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 6:24:24 AM(UTC)
ron
Captain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
hi, its a long time ago but again a problem. so...i make maps you cannot make money, no hackers etc. i give the suply docks 1000000 crates money, so money enough. so you can build less and the map does not freeze for to many units.i made a long time ago a script for command buttons to another building because gla black market got upgrades and when you cannot build them...no upgrades so i did the following. script new then scripting and then add a command button to an object type, when i did that i got 3 question markers before the line and a warning does not exist. the funny thing it worked.
but know i play contra009 and i want to change some command buttons but i does not work any maore... i got no qustion markers before the line. someone ot a idea wat i do wrong...greetings ron
Sponsor
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 2:02:23 PM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
"After selecting the command button you want to remove/add, YOU MUST delete an invisible character that's at the end of the command button. To verify that this character is removed, please check if the world builder recognizes the command button."
UserPostedImage
"If it recognizes the command button exists, then the character is still there, select the end of the text and press backspace."

"This is how it should look like after you deleted the invisible character:"
UserPostedImage

From an old post, hope it helps.
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
Offline i^love^mixery  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2019 2:50:42 PM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

Was thanked: 201 time(s) in 147 post(s)
As a side note, don't forget to also remove fake blackmarkets from the workers.

Or remove the "upgrade to real black market" command button to mess with people! :D
Offline ron  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 4:28:09 AM(UTC)
ron
Captain

hi..sorry for late respons..youre right..when i saw it i remeberthat you had to remove that..thanks.
contra009 does not have fake units anymore but in old maps i did them to delete...Thumb Up Thumb Up
Offline ron  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 5:14:30 AM(UTC)
ron
Captain

mmm...still not working..i want to add a button like radarvanscan in armsdealer spot 14.
i remove the invissible sign and i got the warning. when i go in the game to armsdealer i see the sign of radarscan but its black..i cannot activated it..so i keep trying to find out..greetings
Offline ron  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2019 6:42:59 AM(UTC)
ron
Captain

ok..last update..it works..just the wrong icon for RADARVANSCAN..only crapy is the names in the buildings are often not the same in the list to activate them..a lot of searching..but nver give up...again thanks for the reply..Thumb Up Wink
Offline i^love^mixery  
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 9, 2019 9:11:54 AM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

Was thanked: 201 time(s) in 147 post(s)
If you have trouble finding the correct command button, simply place the unit that normally can trigger this command button in worldbuilder and give it a random name, then create a new script:

Unit -> CommandButton -> Use

Choose the random unit name you have picked above.

Worldbuilder will actually preview all the command button names if you do this.

Another side note:
You cannot transfer abilities with this. You can't make a China unit create drones, you can't make a dozer create units, you can't make a barracks launch nukes and stuff like that.

But there are interesting things that do work. For example you can make any American units create other units as if it was a barracks/warfactory (or even airfield), as long as they were able to construct drones before. So you can create a medic that is able to deploy infantery by itself, you can make an avenger that is able to build more avengers, but you still can't make a dozer create units, as it doesn't have the drone deployment ability.

Edited by user Saturday, March 9, 2019 9:34:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Zatsupachi  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 10:26:09 AM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Originally Posted by: i^love^mixery Go to Quoted Post

-snip-

But there are interesting things that do work. For example you can make any American units create other units as if it was a barracks/warfactory (or even airfield), as long as they were able to construct drones before. So you can create a medic that is able to deploy infantery by itself, you can make an avenger that is able to build more avengers, but you still can't make a dozer create units, as it doesn't have the drone deployment ability.

These work because of the 'ProductionUpdate' ModuleTag

You can also do this on Overlords and Helixes. Any object that has the ability to upgrade or create units has this property/ModuleTag. A GLA Worker can be used to create units too, due to, by definition of the game, their commandset switching ability is an upgrade.
"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!