Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pasha  
#41 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2018 11:40:59 AM(UTC)
Pasha
Captain
Turkey

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Dear Map Makers,

I took a break working on TunnelNetwork for a while because of known reasons.

Last night, We, Legionnaire and i, re-examined the tunnelnetwork scripts that i wrote before. We found out where i made mistakes.

We must ;
1. Give the control of 3 of 4 sneak attack teams (like team0002, team0003 and team0004) to New Added Fractions (like GLA2, GLA3 and GLA4) after 4 sneak attack teams spawn.
2. Give back the control of 3 of 4 attack teams to AI (SkirmishGLA) after unload from GLASneakAttackTunnelNetworks.

I like to say thanks to I^Love^Mixery, SkyMix_RMT, Legionnaire and who helped me to solve problem.

Please find following workshop map of TunnelNetwork sneak attacks for AOD Map;
• With 4 different teams
• To 4 different players
• All at same time

http://www.pashacnc.com/Worksho...rk for 4 players v10.zip

If you put the spawn points of tunnels and teams outside the map boundary, the player will not see the spawning. The sneak attacks through real GLASneakAttackTunnelNetworks to players bases will be nice surprise for AOD players.

I hope this topic and workshops help to the AOD map makers working on tunnelnetworks.

Regards,

Edited by user Thursday, September 6, 2018 11:41:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline acidbrain  
#42 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2018 11:39:34 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 364 post(s)
Good job Legionnaire for solving his problem.
Pasha i really hope i never see you again on this forum because of known reasons...
Panem et kirkinses
Offline i^love^mixery  
#43 Posted : Saturday, September 8, 2018 8:37:26 PM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

Was thanked: 201 time(s) in 147 post(s)
Working with multiple players to get simultaneous sneak tunnels is a good solution. Don't think this has ever been done before.

Just as a reminder:

Originally Posted by: i^love^mixery Go to Quoted Post
Also take a note that timers/counters etc. will not work across multiple player folders. You will have to work with an ugly workaround to communicate between multiple player folders.

So............ You guys going to create a map with this technique or wth is all this fuss about?
Offline Pasha  
#44 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2018 6:50:54 AM(UTC)
Pasha
Captain
Turkey

I^Love^Mixery,

Quote:
So............ You guys going to create a map with this technique or wth is all this fuss about?

I'm working on 6 players AOD map which will have 3 sneaks attacks waves through tunnelnetworks. I try to make random teams (3 alternative teams) for tunnelnetwork sneak attacks for each players. I will share here when i complete map.

regards,

Edited by user Sunday, September 9, 2018 6:51:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline i^love^mixery  
#45 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 5:57:56 AM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

Looking forward to it!
Offline i^love^mixery  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:36:12 PM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

To answer the question Pasha asked via mail, this is how you communicate between player folders:

Script in folder of Player A (in this case teamSkirmishGLA):
Code:

*** IF ***
    Timer 'whatever' has expired.
*** THEN ***
  Spawn Unit 'TEST' of type 'ChinaBunker' on team Team 'teamSkirmishGLA' at position ((-1000.00,-1000.00,-1000.00)), rotated 0.00 degrees .

Script in folder of Player B (anyting but teamSkirmishGLA):
Code:

*** IF ***
     Unit 'TEST' exists and is alive.
*** THEN ***
  Show military briefing String: 'yes' for  5555  milliseconds.
   Unit 'TEST' is removed from the world.

This will also work if you paste the second part in multiple player folders at the same time, so it's okay if you instantly remove the unit (as shown here), it will be read as "true" in every player folder exactly for 1 frame, NOT only in the first folder.

Of course use different unit names for each event that needs to be triggered across multiple player folders.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2018 4:42:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked i^love^mixery for this useful post.
SkyMix_RMT on 9/12/2018(UTC), Pasha on 9/12/2018(UTC)
Offline Pasha  
#47 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 10:14:13 AM(UTC)
Pasha
Captain
Turkey

Finally, I completed my map (AOD Pasha Challenges You (4P) V.OO) including GLASneakTunnelNetworks and release for public.

We have discussed here about TunnelNetworks for a long time. I believe this map is the first example of multi GLASneakAttackNetworks at the same time on an AOD map. First time I^Love^Mixery made it for single GLASneakTunnelNetwork successfully. I developed his tunnels by his supports. I like to thanks him and other mapmakers who supported me here.

There are amphibious landing attacks, random team attacks scripts on this map and funny final wave.
I hope you like the map. Please download and play this AOD map if you are AOD Player and sent me your feedback by email (pasha@pashacnc.com). You can play 1-4 players even alone.

Download Map Link

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2019 10:21:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline i^love^mixery  
#48 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 10:24:45 AM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

The map is a beast. Really awesome, glad it is now public, I will host it right away :D

I think you should remove the 6 player version from Pasha CNC, since it can crash due to too many units.
Offline Pasha  
#49 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 10:35:04 AM(UTC)
Pasha
Captain
Turkey

It looks like new map but scripts are different on the map (AOD Pasha Challenges Proplayers) released pashacnc.com last year.

I did not give up working on 6 players version of new map. I will simplify the scripts and release it. I removed it from pashacnc.com for now.

I’m waiting for your feedback about 4P version.

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2019 10:39:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline i^love^mixery  
#50 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 2:39:01 PM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

Played it a few times. Restarted a few times when I was the only one left. Was killed once because I didn't realize you lose if your cc is destroyed. You were right about my flame tank tactic, it no longer works :D

Here is my feedback:
- do not kill players if cc is destroyed (lol, but yea seriously)
- remove already spawned teams when player dies
- remove the camera movement from intro
- force enable the radar
- replace the texture of the middle area with something more appealing, make it more obvious not to enter the middle

Also found a way for you to force the radar movie event at the last wave to end earlier. Just set a timer and play a different, shorter movie at the right time. It will end the first one. "VSSmall" is very short.

What happens if you kill the cc in the middle? Didn't find the time to test it.

The last wave is absolutely superb

Asked some dude who was able to finish without me for suggestions. Here it is:
"Pasha needs to make more maps", that was all he had to say :D

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2019 2:39:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Pasha  
#51 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 4:54:16 PM(UTC)
Pasha
Captain
Turkey

Thank you very much for your valuable feedbacks.

• You do not defeated if you complete to build second command center. I am controlling the players either alive or not by controlling the command center of players. I mean, I need this control to keep the sequences of map.
• Actually, there are remove scripts for remaining units from waves. However, I could not find a way to remove the units (as minigunners) appearing after main units (inf_ChineVehicleCrawler) destroyed. I used following script to remove the units remained, as follow;

*** IF ***
Timer 'kk1' has expired.
*** THEN ***
Team 'K1.1. 1' is removed from the world.
Team 'K1.1. 2' is removed from the world.
Team 'K1.2. 1' is removed from the world.
Team 'K1.2. 2' is removed from the world.
Team 'K1.3. 1' is removed from the world.
Team 'K1.3. 2' is removed from the world.

• I am not familiar with “force enable the radar”, I do not know how to do.
• You are right texture of middle spawn area is not appealing. I have selected it because of less cost for map sources (0% “0% Rock type”). I will change it, soon [Done The map does not have sources problem ].
• I have asked for help about movie in forum. No answer given then I removed the topic. I need only “you thought the war is over, but you were wrong” part of sizzle move. I would play movie full screen instead of making the map dark and giving the brifings. I could not find a way to do ☹.
• You are right I have to add a script to protect AI command center. Once a player has attacked to the command center of AI on trials. I forgot to fix [Done, AI will survive even you destroy the command center of AI by air].
• Promise, I will do my best about maps. I can make only two maps each year.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:13:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline i^love^mixery  
#52 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:44:44 AM(UTC)
i^love^mixery
Colonel

Did you understand my fix for the radar movie? You can simply use a timer, then play another movie to cancel out the first one at the right time. So you can end it after "You thought the war is over, but you were wrong". I just didn't think of that solution earlier.

You could use a water area, change the altitude with damage over time to cause damage, effectively killing all units in the area. Do you know how to do that?

There is some script action to force-enable the radar, you can check any of my AODs to find it, currently not on a machine with Worldbuilder installed.
Offline Pasha  
#53 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 9:22:01 AM(UTC)
Pasha
Captain
Turkey

In my opinion, the map on following links are the good examples of GLASneakAttackTunnelNetworks (PashaTunnel) for AOD maps. Same scripts used in both maps.
You can play these maps even alone. No attack would come on no-players area.
The deal is: "You are defeated if you lose your command center"
Please read text file about map in zip. I am waiting for your feedbacks. Do not expect to win at first trial 😉

Edited by user Sunday, March 24, 2019 10:02:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
Pasha attached the following image(s):
AOD Pasha Challanges You (4P) v_00 [pashacnc com].jpg
AOD Defend Pasha's Country V02 [pashacnc com].png