Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
klingondragon Offline
#41 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 6:06:44 PM(UTC)
KlingonDragon
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
I do have a couple of questions.

I was talking to a Muslim friend from work a few months ago, and they told me that one shouldn't damage their body with tattoos or piercings or anything else (except haircuts), however I read online that muslims practice circumcision. Is that not a bit of a contradiction?

Also, from what I've read, spouses are obliged to engage in sexual relations whenever the other wishes so long as it is not harmful. But what if they're just not in the mood? From what I've been reading that would mean they become cursed by angels. Isn't that a bit of an over reaction?
UTD^Force Offline
#42 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 6:46:26 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Was thanked: 147 time(s) in 133 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KlingonDragon Go to Quoted Post
I do have a couple of questions.

I was talking to a Muslim friend from work a few months ago, and they told me that one shouldn't damage their body with tattoos or piercings or anything else (except haircuts), however I read online that muslims practice circumcision. Is that not a bit of a contradiction?

Circumcision is compulsory for men and optional for women.
As for this question, there are health benefits for circumcision. Here are some from webmd:
https://www.webmd.com/se...ons/guide/circumcision#2
As for the risks, the answer is in your question.
Quote:
one shouldn't damage their body

If someone was told that there is a risk if he does circumcision by a trusted doctor, then circumcision isn't compulsory for him. [Forgive my weak English in the passive sentence :3]

Regarding the second question, can you provide the reference from the Qur'an or hadith? (I have not memorized the whole Qur'an) If you can this will help me get the answer for your question from the Tafsir of the Qur'an or the hadith. If you can't I'll look it up myself.

I appreciate that you are reading about Islam.
<3
The lilacs where the robin built,
And where my brother set
The laburnum on his birthday,
The tree is living yet!

"I rarely have many failures. If I'm baking a cake and it fails, it becomes pudding."

"Sometimes I sit and wonder, "why am I not in a mental asylum?" Then I take a good look at everyone around me and realize, maybe I am."

http://www.cnclabs.com/f...g-starting--Modding.aspx
klingondragon Offline
#43 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 6:54:50 PM(UTC)
KlingonDragon
General
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Almost all 'benefits' of circumcision are unproven and conjectural. Plus some of the reduced risks of infection are offset by increased risks of other infections or surgical complications. The only real benefit is that the penis becomes easier to clean, and even that is a bit of an exaggeration … an uncircumcised penis is very easy to clean in a normal bath or shower.

As for the second question:
Quote:
It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet said: "If a man calls his wife to his bed, and she refuses to come, the angels curse her until morning comes."
— al-Bukhari, 3065; Muslim, 1436.
UTD^Force Offline
#44 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2018 12:13:26 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Regarding circumcision, I'll try to look into it more and give you more information later.

As for the second question, the husband and the wife both have duties and rights in Islam. One of the wife's duties is to obey her husband as long as he isn't asking her to do something haram (harmful too). If a wife refuses to respond to her husband’s request for intercourse, she has done something haraam and has committed a major sin, unless she has a valid shar’i excuse such as menses, obligatory fasting, sickness, etc.

Also, the Qur’aan enjoins good treatment of one's wife: she is to be honoured and treated kindly, even when one no longer feels love in one's heart towards her. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and live with them honourably. If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and Allaah brings through it a great deal of good” [al-Nisa’ 4:19]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) spoke beautiful word concerning kind treatment of one’s wife, stating that when the husband feeds his wife and puts a morsel of food in her mouth, he earns the reward of doing an act of charity. He said, “You never spend anything but you will be rewarded for it, even the morsel of food that you lift to your wife’s mouth.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6352; Muslim, 1628.

More hadeeths about treating the wife:

Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said:

“The most complete of the believers in faith, is the one with the best character. And the best of you are those who are best to their women.”(At-Tirmidhi and authenticated by Al-Albani)

Ibn `Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said:

“The best of you are those who are the best to their wives, and I am the best of you to my wives.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3895; Ibn Maajah, 1977; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said :

“A believer must not hate a believing woman (i.e., his wife); if he dislikes one of her traits he will be pleased with another.” (Muslim)

`Abdullah ibn `Amr ibn Al-`As (May Allah be pleased with them) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said:

“The world is but a (quick passing) enjoyment; and the best enjoyment of the world is (to have) a pious wife.” (Muslim)

“Fear Allaah with regard to women, for you have taken them as a trust from Allaah and intimacy with them has become permissible to you by the words of Allaah. Your right over them is that they should not allow anyone to sit on your furniture whom you dislike; if they do that then hit them but not in a harsh manner. And their right over you is that you should provide for them and clothe them on a reasonable basis.” Narrated by Muslim, 1218.

What is meant by “they should not allow anyone to sit on your furniture whom you dislike” is that they should not allow anyone whom you dislike to enter your houses, whether the person disliked is a man or a woman, or any of the woman’s mahrams [close relatives to whom marriage is forbidden]. The prohibition includes all of them. From the words of al-Nawawi.

The hadeeth may be understood as meaning that a man has the right to hit his wife, in a manner that is not harsh and does not cause injury if if there is a reason for that, such as her going against his wishes or disobeying him.

This is like the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“As to those women on whose part you see ill‑conduct, admonish them (first), (next) refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allaah is Ever Most High, Most Great”

[al-Nisa’ 4:34]

If a woman rebels against her husband and disobeys his commands, then he should follow this method of admonishing her, forsaking her in bed and hitting her. Hitting is subject to the condition that it should not be harsh or cause injury. Al-Hasan al-Basri said: this means that it should not cause pain.

‘Ata’ said: I said to Ibn ‘Abbaas, what is the kind of hitting that is not harsh? He said, Hitting with a siwaak and the like. [A siwaak is a small stick or twig used for cleaning the teeth - Translator]

The purpose behind this is not to hurt or humiliate the woman, rather it is intended to make her realize that she has transgressed against her husband’s rights, and that her husband has the right to set her straight and discipline her.

Furthermore, these are some of the right of the husband and wife:

If you have free time, it will probably benefit you to read the full post.
And Allah knows best.
<3
And where my brother set
The tree is living yet!

"I rarely have many failures. If I'm baking a cake and it fails, it becomes pudding."

"Sometimes I sit and wonder, "why am I not in a mental asylum?" Then I take a good look at everyone around me and realize, maybe I am."

ItsPronouncedEze-ell Offline
#45 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 11:27:50 AM(UTC)
ItsPronouncedEze-ell
Private

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 1 post(s)
yeah, how come women aren't even allowed to drive in islamic countries that follow the holy Qur’aan to the word? How come women are raped by muslims for not wearing the hijab? How come women in islamic zealot countries are treated like dogs? Are you an islamic reformer (wanting islam to be more just in the way it treats people such as unbelievers, women, ect.)? How much of the Qur’aan do you follow litterally, and how much of it do you follow metaphorically? Also, I know some islamic countries treat women almost as equally as men, even allowing women to become high ranking religious leaders or government officials, how many of those countries are out there, and can you name them all?
UTD^Force Offline
#46 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:11:24 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Originally Posted by: ItsPronouncedEze-ell Go to Quoted Post
yeah, how come women aren't even allowed to drive in islamic countries that follow the holy Qur’aan to the word? How come women are raped by muslims for not wearing the hijab? How come women in islamic zealot countries are treated like dogs? Are you an islamic reformer (wanting islam to be more just in the way it treats people such as unbelievers, women, ect.)? How much of the Qur’aan do you follow litterally, and how much of it do you follow metaphorically? Also, I know some islamic countries treat women almost as equally as men, even allowing women to become high ranking religious leaders or government officials, how many of those countries are out there, and can you name them all?

Probably the Fox news/ answeringislam information and not gathered from research?
To get the idea about Islam, take your time and read the Qur'an yourself from quran.com, everything is translated and clear in English, if you want to know more you can read the authentic hadith. Don't judge something according to someone else's opinion, you are an intelligent creature who has a brain of your own.

Q#1: That is not in the teachings of Islam and Qur'an, it was one country and now women are allowed to drive there.
But, Qur'an doesn't make it forbidden for women to drive, so that's not Islam's fault, that is the people's fault because they aren't following Islam as it is. I'm sorry you thought that was Islam.

Q#2: Women wear hijab to protect them (they cover themselves). If a woman does not want to wear hijab, then it is her choice. Islam says that she has to wear it and she will sin if she doesn't. But, if she doesn't want to wear it, no one can force her to.
Quote:
There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.

The Holy Qur'an 2:256
https://quran.com/2/256-266

Rape is forbidden in Islam, as well as many other bad things (drinking wine and beer, eating pork etc).

Q#3: That is totally wrong. Women have rights and they live in dignity, if you don't believe me you can go to a Muslim country and see for yourself. I've mentioned some of the rights and duties of the wife and husband in the previous reply if you are interested to know some (they are kind of relevant).

Q#4: This is the first time I see this term "Islamic reformer", women are treated much better than you think, I don't know if when you say this about how we treat women that you remember we have mothers, sisters, aunts, grandmothers etc.. As for the treatment of the nonbelievers, we as Muslims should deliver the true message of Islam to you as much as we can, and you have the choice to accept it or not (mentioned in the verse above). We are obligated to treat people kindly, no matter what their religion, race or language is.

Quote:
And do not insult those they invoke other than Allah, lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge. Thus We have made pleasing to every community their deeds. Then to their Lord is their return, and He will inform them about what they used to do.

The Holy Qur'an 6:108
https://quran.com/6/108-118

Q#5: I follow the whole Qur'an, but I'm sorry to tell you that the Qur'an is not always translated correctly, and even in Arabic we have the Tafsir, which is the explanation of the Qur'an by prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), found in the Hadith or Sunna, or by Muslim scholars and scientists

Q#6: Well, there is a website called google.com, if I remember correctly, you can google the country you want to search about and check if it has women as government officials. You might be surprised, so hold your breath, as far as I know most Arab and Islamic countries have women as government officials and high ranks etc. although I'm not sure about Saudi Arabia.

By the way, if you are a Christian, and eat pork, check the Bible because eating pork is forbidden in Christianity too.
Book of Isaiah 65:2-5
https://www.bible.com/bible/1/ISA.65.KJV
Leviticus 11:7 (KJV)
Quote:
And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

Deuteronomy 14:8 (KJV)
Quote:
And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.

This is not to offend anyone as it is not intended for that, but here, I have done my research and I have tried to find mistakes in the Qur'an but now I'm sure and I believe 100% in what is in it. So do your research about your religion and about other religions, not just Islam, and the truth shall free you. Give me the verses you don't understand, ask me the questions that pop up in your head, I'm not a scholar in Islam but I am an average Muslim and I will try my best to answer your questions according to the Islam, and if you do not trust me you have the Qur'an on the internet and you can read it anytime, you can even visit a local mosque, if you live in an area which has one, and ask the Imam your questions, of course you have to respect that it is a place of prayer, be quiet and be polite and if they are praying wait for them to finish and do not interrupt them and hopefully they will help you.

Thank you for asking and have a wonderful day!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:14:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

<3
And where my brother set
The tree is living yet!

UTD^Force Offline
#47 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:33:45 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

You can also use another nice website called youtube.com and type in the search box, 'your question' dr zakir naik, and it will probably be there.
<3
And where my brother set
The tree is living yet!

klingondragon Offline
#48 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 4:37:27 PM(UTC)
KlingonDragon
General
United Kingdom

I don't like how you call eating pork a "bad thing".
There's nothing better than a bacon sandwich.
 1 user thanked klingondragon for this useful post.
UTD^Force on 10/11/2018(UTC)
Unknown Editor Offline
#49 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:45:23 PM(UTC)
Unknown Editor
Major

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Well , Here are some things I believe in :
Quote:
If pork is not handled safely or cooked correctly, it can pose serious health risks.
Pork poses certain health risks from bacteria and resistant bacteria that cause infection and viruses.
Undercooked pork can contain the Trichinella spiralis parasite, also known as "pork worm."
Saturated fats cause your LDL cholesterol levels, the "bad" cholesterol, to rise, increasing your risk for heart disease.
Another disadvantage of pork is that it increases your risk of bladder cancer if you eat well-done or burnt pork often

You may also find the full thing in :
https://www.livestrong.com/artic...ork-that-pass-to-humans/

And by the way , Allah has given us not only enough but too many extra things to live with .
I believe we can live without the 0.001% crossed out ones

Edited by user Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:54:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Asking is Not a Problem , Problem is Not to Know Something .

Operation : Dark Angel
Static : Launch Delayed
Reason : Uncool Terrain - Old Logic in use - Lack of Performance
Status : Applying new Terrain - Applying new Logic - Increasing Performance by 300%
 1 user thanked Unknown Editor for this useful post.
UTD^Force Offline
#50 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 1:21:40 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Originally Posted by: KlingonDragon Go to Quoted Post
I don't like how you call eating pork a "bad thing".
There's nothing better than a bacon sandwich.

I intended to say that it is bad in my religion and it is also bad regarding health, I believe it is bad for your health according to what I read about it, you might agree or disagree.
And there is also Taenia solium that is carried in infected pigs. I'm not sure if it is the same as the pork worm mentioned.
<3
And where my brother set
The tree is living yet!

klingondragon Offline
#51 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 2:58:26 AM(UTC)
KlingonDragon
General
United Kingdom

I think, at least in modern times in the more developed world, pig and pig products are produced and treated such that infections and the like are far less likely. I'm pretty sure eating pork is as safe as eating any other meat. If you don't prepare any meat properly it becomes bad for your health. Pig os no different.
Back when the Quran was written, it probably wasn't safe, but times have changed.
Feel free to continue avoiding it, I just think that the pork thing and a couple of other things in the Quran (and in all religions) are a little out of date.
Annihilationzh Offline
#52 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:05:45 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 431 time(s) in 295 post(s)
Originally Posted by: UTD^Force Go to Quoted Post
You can also use another nice website called youtube.com and type in the search box, 'your question' dr zakir naik, and it will probably be there.

This passive-aggression really tickled me. You did so much better than I would in this situation. I probably would have snapped under such a toxic response.

Originally Posted by: Unknown Editor Go to Quoted Post

How is this relevant? You can get most of those diseases from chicken alone, and you can get all of them from various halal foods. This kind of cherry picking makes me respect Islam less. Does Islam seriously have to resort to deception just to prove itself? Does it not have the integrity to stand by itself?

Originally Posted by: UTD^Force Go to Quoted Post
I intended to say that it is bad in my religion and it is also bad regarding health, I believe it is bad for your health according to what I read about it, you might agree or disagree.
And there is also Taenia solium that is carried in infected pigs. I'm not sure if it is the same as the pork worm mentioned.

Except you can get Taeniasis from beef too. So by your own reasoning, beef is bad too.

When you surround yourself with articles trashing pork, you'll obviously believe that pork is bad. That's how propaganda brain washing works.

Edited by user Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:08:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
 1 user thanked Annihilationzh for this useful post.
UTD^Force Offline
#53 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:39:03 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Originally Posted by: Annihilationzh Go to Quoted Post
This kind of cherry picking makes me respect Islam less. Does Islam seriously have to resort to deception just to prove itself? Does it not have the integrity to stand by itself?

It was not Islam that cherry picked the information that says pork has the worm. I didn't expect YOU would judge the religion based on what someone says. And unknown editor didn't say the worm was just in pork, and I mentioned the worm that is found in infected pork, Taenia solium, the one in infected beef is called Taenia saginata. Your statement above is actually quite offensive as it indicates Islam uses lying, which is forbidden of course.

This passive-aggression really tickled me. You did so much better than I would in this situation. I probably would have snapped under such a toxic response.

Well, thank you. :3 I'm trying to change as in the past this would have caused me to write a toxic reply, but I am kind of used to these same questions now, just like you said:

When you surround yourself with articles trashing pork, you'll obviously believe that pork is bad. That's how propaganda brain washing works.

It still gets me annoyed to see people being taught what they should think and then just bashing other people's religions. But, they might have been only seeing it from one side so I try to be nice and show them the other side, still, it is his choice to search for answers or just throw words at people.

But about pork, I didn't actually do that, I tried to look for the good and bad and for me the bad things in pork (also has more fat and such) were more than its benefits, but that's me. Don't worry, I'm not brain washed.
EDIT: I searched about it in non-muslim websites to have a better view.

I also probably misused the ( , ) & the ( . ) and even the brackets too many times.
I really appreciate that you are responding and researching (probably), so thank you!

Edited by user Thursday, October 11, 2018 6:50:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

<3
And where my brother set
The tree is living yet!

UTD^Force Offline
#54 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 12:15:13 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

For anyone who is interested, here are some facts about the Qur'an:

https://youtu.be/4Q4neEG...xPio-mqe7fySqJTOb-nWgzp7

Have a nice day.

Edited by user Friday, October 19, 2018 12:21:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

<3
And where my brother set
The tree is living yet!