Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gameanater  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 12:41:38 AM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Hello ya'll.

I've become interested in Zero Hour modding again and have taken it upon myself to start by improving the Superweapons General, one that I always liked but didn't like how unviable she actually is in serious play and the fact that she isn't actually too great at turtling - the thing she's supposed to do.

I have it as a sort of headcanon that she's the least mentally stable of the three USA Generals and would have much wackier and more experimental units. One such unit is a Ranger cyborg given a smaller version of the Microwave Tank's weapon.

I've gotten it to a playable state... And it's freaking awesome. Aside from two issues.

1 - I can't seem to get the beam to come out of the gun no matter what I've tried. It just comes out of his feet.

2 - Due to having a weapon for attacking infantry instead of garrisons specifically, he's completely helpless against garrisons which sorta sucks.

Any suggestions on how to fix these? If they can't be fixed I might go back and change him to be more like an Initiate from Yuri's Revenge... though I feel like that might fit a China faction better.

Here's my code:

Edited by user Thursday, October 4, 2018 10:05:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added SPOILER tags

File Attachment(s):
sshot497.bmp (6,076kb) downloaded 19 time(s).
sshot501.bmp (6,076kb) downloaded 17 time(s).
sshot502.bmp (6,076kb) downloaded 19 time(s).
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Sponsor
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2018 12:51:55 PM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Try replacing "LaserBoneName = MuzzleFX" with "LaserBoneName = Muzzle01" to fix the first issue.
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
thanks 2 users thanked SkyMix_RMT for this useful post.
Gameanater on 10/2/2018(UTC), CommieDog on 10/6/2018(UTC)
Offline Gameanater  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:04:06 AM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Well that solved the drawing issue. I guess it's been so long since I've done modding that I forgot what I usually did for laser weapons. XD

I almost found a workaround for the garrison issue... But the Microwave Ranger is still helpless against them. He can technically attack garrisons but can't actually kill anything after I added "AllowAttackGarrisonedBldgs = Yes"

I honestly didn't expect it to do anything but I'm surprised it can technically attack since it deals zero damage to buildings.

I am having so much issue getting this guy to attack garrisons... I tried cloning the Dragon Tank weapon but that weapon hates hates hates being used by infantry even after replacing the locomotor with that of a missile's, and trying to make infantry vulnerable to KILL_GARRISONED damage KindOf just crashed the game. I didn't foresee having this much trouble with creating a Ranger with a Microwave Tank weapon but I should have figured since it already has three weapons that's why it has a burning field as its counter to infantry.

If I can get this guy to attack garrisons though I might try and make a copy of the successful weapon for the normal Microwave Tanks, which I've made able to disable vehicles already. Being able to directly attack infantry AND clear garrisons, AND diable vehicles, AND disable buildings might make the thing a worthwhile support unit.

EDIT: I'm honestly thinking maybe creating an invisible turret attached to his gun that does the building clearing? The only issues with that approach might be that he could fire at a garrison while moving and he also can't clear a building while garrisoned himself or inside a Humvee?

And... I just remembered, I hear turrets and their parents occupying a Firebase does not end well...

Edited by user Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:07:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Reason: Reason: Reason: Reason:

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 3:54:15 AM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

What if you try creating a DamageType just for you ranger, equal to MICROWAVE but with a different name. I believe the armor from buildings takes 0% damage from MICROWAVE DamageType, so all you gotta do is use one with a different name so that it uses the default value of 100% damage taken.
Check out:

Offline Gameanater  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 5:46:36 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

I didn't even know you could create new damage types. Sweet. Wouldn't your suggestion make the building itself take damage, though? What I want is for the weapon to just clear out the units in a garrison, not destroy it outright.
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 7:39:10 PM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

oh, I can't help you then, I don't know how garrison clearing weapons work. Good luck tho and I hope you find a solution.
Check out:

Offline klingondragon  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 4:23:20 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
I'd take a look at the tokin tank. Not sure how it does it, but there may be something there.
(walking home from work now, I'll take a look myself when I get home)
Offline Gameanater  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 10:04:41 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Originally Posted by: KlingonDragon Go to Quoted Post
I'd take a look at the tokin tank. Not sure how it does it, but there may be something there.
(walking home from work now, I'll take a look myself when I get home)

It does the same as the Dragon Tank.

I've had no further luck. I attempted to copy this bit of code into the Microwave weapon object I had created but it doesn't seem to do anything to laser weapons.

I think what I'm going to do for both the Microwave Ranger and the Microwave Tank is combine the vehicle and building disablers into a projectile weapon that creates an EMP spheroid. Basically a non-missile version of the EMP Patriot weapon that deals like 0.00001 damage so it doesn't overlap with that and my planned EMP Defender. I might use HistoricWeaponBonus and have it fire very fast so it doesn't instantly shut down whatever it makes contact with.

Heck, this could make it more distinct from the ECM Tank since that will be able to shut down vehicles and buildings as well.

Edited by user Thursday, October 4, 2018 10:06:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Specified weapon object instead of the weapon itself

Offline Gameanater  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2018 11:33:47 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

So I am in the process of doing this, and creating new EMPEffectSpheroids in System.ini. And oh my gosh... EMPs are way more complicated than I thought and all this weapon and object code is starting to make my head hurt. Heheheh.

I think I'm going to create my EMP Defender first since there's far less tweaking I gotta do with that. Then I'll come back and perfect my Microwave Ranger and redone Microwave Tanks. I shall update this thread with my results with the Microwave stuffs.
Offline Zatsupachi  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2018 2:10:23 PM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Have you taken a look at the actual weapon objects? Try to look at flashbang and add that property to the laser?
"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!
Offline Gameanater  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:10:10 AM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Originally Posted by: Zatsupachi Go to Quoted Post
Have you taken a look at the actual weapon objects? Try to look at flashbang and add that property to the laser?

Yes I have. I tried cloning a portion of the Dragon Tank weapon and it did nothing.

Both attempts failed.
Offline Zatsupachi  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:31:39 PM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
this is the actual weapon from the microwave tank

Code:

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weapon  MicrowaveTankBuildingClearer
  PrimaryDamage         = 1.0 ; Number of passengers to kill with each shot
  PrimaryDamageRadius   = 0.0       ; 0 primary radius means "hits only intended victim"
  AttackRange           = 125.0
  DamageType            = KILL_GARRISONED
  DeathType             = NORMAL
  WeaponSpeed           = 999999.0          ; dist/sec (huge value == effectively instant)
  LaserName             = MicrowaveDisableStream
  LaserBoneName         = WEAPON02
  RadiusDamageAffects   = ALLIES ENEMIES NEUTRALS
  DelayBetweenShots     = 100               ; time between shots, msec
  ClipSize              = 0                    ; how many shots in a Clip (0 == infinite)
  ClipReloadTime        = 0              ; how long to reload a Clip, msec
  AntiAirborneVehicle   = No
  AntiAirborneInfantry  = No
;  FireSound = AngryMobAmbientLoop
;  FireSoundLoopTime = 120                ; loop the firing sound until there's this much delay between shots 
End

checking microwave tank code, they don't disable vehicles, so you should have a weapon slot available maybe as a third firing mode?

Edited by user Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:35:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!