Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline renaissance  
#21 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 1:45:39 PM(UTC)
renaissance
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
Canada

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
The site may be running a little lean as of late but as far as know the plan has and always will be to keep it going. Yes, MicScoTho is busy but with things on autopilot there's not much reason for him to handle the day-to-day of things.

Now, about map reviewers. I've been gone for about a year but when I was last here we added new reviewers and at the time we had 2 or 3 people reviewing maps. I don't know what the current situation is like. The process itself is straight forward but it does take some time and there is somewhat of a protocol to follow. If a map does not meet the cut it is kicked back with or without recommendations and depending on the creator may be resubmitted. Because of this the queue for map reviews is no small thing and can build up quite quickly.
UserPostedImage
Offline AdrianeMapMaker  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:42:17 AM(UTC)
AdrianeMapMaker
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Philippines

Was thanked: 185 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Well acidbrain is right.. I can't see images too..

BTW if this site will be shutdown "permanently" I.. Gonna miss some memories here..

Still want to be map reviewer in the last minutes XD..

gonna download all the good maps here before its too late

And also rewrite my tutorials in other site
Gamereplays and cncnz are good alternative though

Edited by user Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:50:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

A part of ZH worldbuilders map making community
https://discord.gg/tJ6zyGb

UserPostedImage

Offline acidbrain  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 5:20:08 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 364 post(s)
Originally Posted by: renaissance Go to Quoted Post

Now, about map reviewers. I've been gone for about a year but when I was last here we added new reviewers and at the time we had 2 or 3 people reviewing maps. I don't know what the current situation is like. The process itself is straight forward but it does take some time and there is somewhat of a protocol to follow. If a map does not meet the cut it is kicked back with or without recommendations and depending on the creator may be resubmitted. Because of this the queue for map reviews is no small thing and can build up quite quickly.

I think the concept has to be changed, there are only a few active members left so I think we need to make a stickied thread in a subforum where users can upload their map to have it checked out by members who are active, people can respond, give ups and cons so the mapmaker can finetune his/her map until it can be submitted to the maps section, maybe a poll is an idea so people can vote on the map, if you have more likes than dislikes on your map the map will be submitted to the maps section.
This is just an idea, something has to change because it is not fair to newcomers that their maps are not submitted to the forum...

This concept can also be used to get rid of the pile of maps that still are in the waiting to be approved queue btw, a staffmember can put a map in review mode on the subforum every week or 2 weeks or so maybe...

Cheers

Panem et kirkinses
Offline renaissance  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:59:37 PM(UTC)
renaissance
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
Canada

Originally Posted by: adrianemapmaker Go to Quoted Post
Well acidbrain is right.. I can't see images too..
What images are you referring to? Do you not see my sig?

Originally Posted by: acidbrain Go to Quoted Post
I think the concept has to be changed, there are only a few active members left so I think we need to make a stickied thread in a subforum where users can upload their map to have it checked out by members who are active, people can respond, give ups and cons so the mapmaker can finetune his/her map until it can be submitted to the maps section, maybe a poll is an idea so people can vote on the map, if you have more likes than dislikes on your map the map will be submitted to the maps section.
This is just an idea, something has to change because it is not fair to newcomers that their maps are not submitted to the forum...

This concept can also be used to get rid of the pile of maps that still are in the waiting to be approved queue btw, a staffmember can put a map in review mode on the subforum every week or 2 weeks or so maybe...

Cheers
that idea is not a bad starter but a bit more complicated than we should aim for. The first idea I had was to utilize a "not yet reviewed" section of the map section, BUT
- the staff aims for quality over quantity. not saying unreviewed maps are junk but sometimes there needs to be quite a bit of fixes and resubmissions before a map is accepted.
- that probably involves coding that only MicScoTho can do
UserPostedImage
Offline acidbrain  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 1:18:10 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 364 post(s)
I dont think the site need to be adjusted for this problem, we need a quick and easy solution.
If a user wants to have a map reviewed he sends a message to a staffmember, staffmember will create a new thread with the name of the map maker and title of the map as title for example.
There have to be some rules, only map related chat on the threads for map reviews, every thread will get a poll with like or no like choices.
Maybe the only adjustment to the site can be a new subforum for map review by users or something...

And about the images...I cant see images anymore also, images used in threads, i used a lot of them and i only see small x-es where the images used to be...
FFS, i checked the site where i stashed all my images and they changed the internet address, have to manually change all the images ffs...Big Smile

Cheers
Panem et kirkinses
Offline AdrianeMapMaker  
#26 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 11:20:38 PM(UTC)
AdrianeMapMaker
General
Philippines

Any possibility to be a map reviewers @renaissance?

UserPostedImage

Offline renaissance  
#27 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2018 2:14:50 PM(UTC)
renaissance
Canada

I dont think the site need to be adjusted for this problem, we need a quick and easy solution.
Agreed. I honestly don't know what the map review rate is like at this moment, but if nothing seems to progress in a day or two we can set up a temporary "pre-submission" map post. It might even help to weed out any obvious mistakes that might require a map to be resubmitted.

If a user wants to have a map reviewed he sends a message to a staffmember, staffmember will create a new thread with the name of the map maker and title of the map as title for example.
There have to be some rules, only map related chat on the threads for map reviews, every thread will get a poll with like or no like choices.
Maybe the only adjustment to the site can be a new subforum for map review by users or something..
Maybe, but the simpler the better

Originally Posted by: adrianemapmaker Go to Quoted Post
Any possibility to be a map reviewers @renaissance?
You'll have to ask Blbpaws
UserPostedImage
Offline Blbpaws  
#28 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 11:36:06 AM(UTC)
Blbpaws
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 32 post(s)
There are no plans to shut the site down. Even though we're not nearly as active managing it as we used to be--because the community is so much smaller and there are no new games--we try to support the group and keep it active, given how few other C&C sites are left.

I've gone through the backlog and, you're right, we have too many maps pending review. Adriene, I've emailed you regarding your applications to be a map reviewer. We appreciate how you have been dedicated and patient.
UserPostedImage
Offline AdrianeMapMaker  
#29 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2018 8:50:05 PM(UTC)
AdrianeMapMaker
General
Philippines

Those Maps Are For Red Alert i Am Asking For ZH :)

UserPostedImage

Offline Unknown Editor  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 9:46:54 PM(UTC)
Unknown Editor
Major

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Well , Good luck with Red Alert maps Big Smile ; Obviously , there is a reason we play C&C Generals (ZH) : ART
Asking is Not a Problem , Problem is Not to Know Something .

Operation : Dark Angel
Static : Launch Delayed
Reason : Uncool Terrain - Old Logic in use - Lack of Performance
Status : Applying new Terrain - Applying new Logic - Increasing Performance by 300%
Offline AdrianeMapMaker  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2018 9:48:24 PM(UTC)
AdrianeMapMaker
General
Philippines

He will send the new one in Thursday eh

UserPostedImage