Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nowuniverse  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 8:14:08 PM(UTC)
nowuniverse
Private

I'm new to World Builder. I managed to extract the campaign maps and I want to change it my own.
You know in campaign selection, they have option for you to choose difficulty level for the whole campaign/maps but in the skirmish mode there's no option to choose that for the custom map so the map is always stuck with default difficulty (normal). I want to change it because in the extracted maps, they have script conditions set to different levels, I want to try to hard one but it's always stuck with normal so the hard conditions don't run and there's no way to change it through skirmish menu. So is there way in map script that you can change the whole map difficulty like from normal to hard, so I can test and run the map in hard mode with hard script conditions?

Thanks.
Sponsor
Offline Zatsupachi  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:11:09 PM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
why don't you just edit the scripts and tick all the hardmode conditions to fire in normal as well?
"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!
Offline nowuniverse  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 10:46:01 PM(UTC)
nowuniverse
Private

Originally Posted by: Zatsupachi Go to Quoted Post
why don't you just edit the scripts and tick all the hardmode conditions to fire in normal as well?

As I said I'm new to the program and I don't know the full functionalities of it. That's why I asked to see if there's a simple solution for that. I can go and change it individually but it would affect the scripts made for easy and normal mode because they will overlap with the hard one and it will be a big mess.

It seems like EA didn't include such function in the world builder. I think this program is somewhat limited. I started from Warcraft III Map Editor and I have to say their map editor is way more superior and containing more functions, triggers, events, and stuff compared to this World Builder but it's a different game so.
Offline Zatsupachi  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 2:47:11 AM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Worldbuilder was never finished(?, need clarification) hence why it says it's beta software.

dude... it's like just ticking some checkboxes... You can try to deactivate the normal/easy mode scripts completely, you just need time to adjust to the script editor.

Also usually the individual scripts are labelled properly. And there is a certain format the editor gives on script labels. When you create a script, this is appended to the label of the script, these will change depending on what you set on the script.

Code:

[ns A D] [E N H] <scriptname>

On the first bracket:
The first set indicate whether this script is a subroutine (S) or not (ns).
The second set determines if the script is initially active (A) or not (na).
The third set is whether on not this script is deactivated on success (D) or not (nd).

Second bracket:
This determines what difficulty this script is triggered.
E for easy, N for normal, H for hard.
"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!
Offline Vauxe  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 12:12:13 PM(UTC)
Vauxe
Private

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Unless you want to mod the game, you can't select difficulty before you start the map. However, the actual difficulty of the map is determined by the scripts option to activate in easy, normal, or hard.
You could still give the user an option at the beginning, using three items, buildings for example, by setting each building to trigger a different difficulty when entered.
Since you're new, I'd suggest just making three script groups, one for each difficulty. Just copy the existing scripts twice and change the specific things you want in them. It's a start.
Optionally you could keep one script group, and have three copies of the map, again one for each difficulty. This would be rather unnecessary in my opinion, but it's also a start if you want to keep it "simple", I guess.
vtulcobra here