Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Snodderz  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2017 11:53:36 AM(UTC)
Snodderz
Private

Hi all,

I've finished my new map, AOD Baywatch by Snodderz, and I'm trying to play it online with some randomers. I haven't posted the map on any websites online, nor on here, I just intended to distribute via playing online. This is to assist with debugging, there are always a few things you miss in your own debug process that come up during online play.

I get the game setup, everyone sets ready, I hit start. We switch to the connecting screen, everyone seems to connect fine. Then it switches to the map distribution screen. It then sets everyone to "Preparing" and then does nothing. There is a 120 second countdown timer and when this expires, everyone, including myself, is kicked from game, and the map hasn't transferred.

Does anyone know if this is a problem with my map, or my internet/network connection/settings? Anyone know of any quick fixes before I go trawling through network/firewall settings? I've repeated the above 3 times and have not yet played the map online.

Thanks in advance

Edited by user Monday, September 4, 2017 8:31:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline acidbrain  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2017 1:04:43 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 364 post(s)
There are a few options...
-Send the map with email to a friend and try if it works, you can see if the map plays at all...
-Post the map over here so others can check it out for you...
-It is an origin problem...
-Players dont have the same patches...
-Some other sjitty problem which has to be discovered...

I dont know what your skills with map making are but i get the feeling that there is something wrong with the map...

Cheers
Panem et kirkinses
thanks 1 user thanked acidbrain for this useful post.
Snodderz on 9/2/2017(UTC)
Offline Snodderz  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2017 3:03:27 PM(UTC)
Snodderz
Private

Thanks for your response,

I've now attached the map. Please could somebody take a look? I just hope it's something simple with the map and nothing internet/networky.

I intend to remove the map once a solution is found.

Thanks in advance,
Offline Unknown Editor  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 3, 2017 2:07:19 AM(UTC)
Unknown Editor
Major

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Snodderz Go to Quoted Post

I get the game setup, everyone sets ready, I hit start. We switch to the connecting screen, everyone seems to connect fine. Then it switches to the map distribution screen. It then sets everyone to "Preparing" and then does nothing. There is a 120 second countdown timer and when this expires, everyone, including myself, is kicked from game, and the map hasn't transferred.

Well , If this is your problem , 2 of my friends (near our house) had the same too ; It can't be from map but you won't be able to connect to anyone (PLAY, SEND, RECEIVE) ; I don't know what it exactly is , a kind of internet problem or sth .
One of my friends had an Administrator password (caused for 3 windows for He & his brothers) ; and I don't know once I clicked sth in Game Ranger and a menu appeared : Enter your password ...
I told him maybe it wants your Administrator password (Because I never had a same problem) but he said it would be hacking or sth I don't believe .
or Once I turned on my VPN It couldn't connect well and let me Play Disapprove .

Don't you receive any kind of NOTE or MESSAGE when you open your Program (like Game Ranger) ?
There must be something ...

Edited by user Sunday, September 3, 2017 4:42:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: undo the Edition :|

Asking is Not a Problem , Problem is Not to Know Something .

Operation : Dark Angel
Static : Launch Delayed
Reason : Uncool Terrain - Old Logic in use - Lack of Performance
Status : Applying new Terrain - Applying new Logic - Increasing Performance by 300%
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 4, 2017 3:01:41 AM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Make sure your map files are where they're supposed to be. You can't have a map folder within another folder inside the maps folder.
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
Offline Snodderz  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 4, 2017 8:30:32 AM(UTC)
Snodderz
Private

I've just retried today and it's worked fine, finally got the first online test!

I made absolutely no changes at all to the map, the map location on my PC, and today it's worked fine. I've also bumped into a few people online who've reported problems since Saturday (which is when I first finished the map), and they're suggesting there's been and update or problem with Revora.

So we can close this thread, problem solved, and map removed! Thanks all for your comments.