Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Deinon  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 3:23:10 PM(UTC)
Deinon
Captain

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Is it possible to script Black Lotus to hunt for your supply centers and use Cash Hack on them at specific intervals?

You have to have done something very specific to get this to happen, namely using a nuke near a civilian population center resulting in a humanitarian crisis. Civilians file past your base towards a refugee camp for the rest of the mission should you do this - Lotus is here on behalf of the UN to tax you for the supplies needed to take care of them.

You cannot, by default, target her. If you kill her, the retaliation you face is... unpleasant.

So yeah, I was hoping to figure out how to get her to do that - and hopefully how to capture your nuke silo so you can't use it again.
Sponsor
Offline Zatsupachi  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:55:07 PM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Why don't you just drain money every few minutes rather than having that much flavor?
Also you can just make it so that when you use the Nuke, it checks for special power completion then gives the named nuke to another player.
"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!
Offline Annihilationzh  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 11:48:53 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Haven't tested this, but put Lotus on a team (alone) that considers the player to be an enemy.

Then in scripts use Team->CommandButton->Use command ability -- all -- nearest object type.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline Deinon  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 1:02:12 PM(UTC)
Deinon
Captain

Originally Posted by: Annihilationzh Go to Quoted Post
Haven't tested this, but put Lotus on a team (alone) that considers the player to be an enemy.

Then in scripts use Team->CommandButton->Use command ability -- all -- nearest object type.

Sweet! Definitely need to try that, I'll report back if it works.

My other problem, populating a civilian structure with garrisoned randomized civilians, is proving a bit more difficult than I'd hoped...
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 4:15:03 PM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Any unit in a civilian faction can't garrison buildings, in order to achieve that you need to have a new player with a faction different than civilian for those civilian units to be able to garrison buildings.
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
Offline Unknown Editor  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 28, 2017 12:48:01 AM(UTC)
Unknown Editor
Major

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SkyMix_RMT Go to Quoted Post
Any unit in a civilian faction can't garrison buildings, in order to achieve that you need to have a new player with a faction different than civilian for those civilian units to be able to garrison buildings.

Then How have I colored a Civilian Faction Green and Forced it to Garrison those civilian Buildings , Also Load them into the UNMANNED Units ? Irked
It worked for me , Even before I set the :

Code:
PlayerTemplate FactionCivilian
 PlayableSide      = YES ; So you can gain EXP From killing them
End

They could Garrison the Buildings BTW .
Asking is Not a Problem , Problem is Not to Know Something .

Operation : Dark Angel
Static : Launch Delayed
Reason : Uncool Terrain - Old Logic in use - Lack of Performance
Status : Applying new Terrain - Applying new Logic - Increasing Performance by 300%
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 28, 2017 3:55:03 AM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Weird, I once encountered a problem where I couldn't garrison civilian units in civilian buildings and changing the faction worked.
Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
Offline Deinon  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 28, 2017 1:57:29 PM(UTC)
Deinon
Captain

It works... I ended up having her target the supply dock itself and set up a timer to subtract 1000 supplies from the player 13 seconds after she starts being as she doesn't affect the amount in the player's dock itself. It is every bit as diabolical a gameplay mechanic as ever I could hope for. If you force-target her or her entourage they go hostile and you start to get hit by an off-map superweapon you can't see to retaliate against. Just need to work out how often I want her to drain your resources, considering that there are a number of oil derricks and a second supply dock elsewhere on the map (lightly defended, but initially in the hands of the enemy).

Edited by user Monday, August 28, 2017 1:58:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified