Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Poll Question : Favorite Zero Hour campaign?
Choice Votes Statistics
  USA campaign
50 %
  GLA campaign
50 %
  China campaign
0 %
  Total 2 100%
Guests can't vote. Try login or register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gameanater  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 3:45:49 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
What is your favorite campaign in Zero Hour?

For me it's easily the USA campaign. It overall has the best missions, and aside from a nasty difficulty spike between missions 3 and 4 and then a noticeable difficulty drop in mission 5, it's probably the most consistently fun campaign.

The GLA campaign is second. The first mission is okay, but the second mission is a very nasty difficulty spike compared to the first, and it's clearly not entirely finished either. Plus, what's up with that Chinese Bunker in Hard Mode?

The third mission is pretty okay, aside from the GLA EVA being way too noisy. It does however, get pretty silly when the USA has this huge Aircraft Carrier next to the Particle Cannon and they hardly use the carrier at all.

The fourth mission.... It's, kind of boring actually and just a little odd. The Map is permanently revealed for whatever reason and the AI mostly just sits there and lets you kill it. Aside from the Civilian Bunkers choc-full of Mission Defenders the mission is pretty easy as well. The last bit is a bit boring since the enemy tends to send too few units too infrequently even on Hard. if you could build units from capturing the USA Barracks and the enemy sent more units faster, the ending might be pretty great. The ending cinematic is fairly cool, though.

However GLA mission 5 definately is great stuff. It's challenging, the map is massive, and you can easily get all three superweapons and faction units and it's super fun.

Now the China campaign on the other hand.... it's utter garbage, and is basically no fun past Mission 2. Mission 3 is the worst mission in the entire game and is unnecessarily brutal. It wouldn't even be that bad if your tech tree wasn't arbitrarily limited.
Mission 4 is outright boring as heck and for some reason, you can't build air units? What?
I never even got to mission 5 because I got so bored and tired of the last two missions. Maybe someday I'll slog through it and get to this mission someday.

This is one area the original Generals has Zero Hour completely beat. All of the campaigns are fun and well-designed, where in Zero Hour only the USA campaign comes close to that.
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Sponsor
Offline SkyMix_RMT  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 5:56:57 PM(UTC)
SkyMix_RMT
Major
Portugal

Was thanked: 132 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Honestly, Zero Hour missions are a joke compared to the original Generals campaign.

But if I had to choose a favourite It would be USA too.

Edited by user Sunday, June 11, 2017 5:58:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Check out:

My Music (Techno/House/Experimental)

My Website (GeneralsCentral)

My Youtube Channel (Inactive)

World Builder Community Discord
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 8:43:01 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
The USA missions were great! I enjoyed Mission 5 featuring Dr. Thrax!

However, you're right in that the China mission is harder than *censored*. I'm glad I cheated my whole way through the China campaign by editing all the mission maps for unlimited funds LOL.

The GLA mission is somewhat enjoyable, except the one with Jarmen Kell and the pier with the boat is harder than all get out. But, yeah I'd have to agree that the USA mission is certainly the best.
Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator