Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zuzzlan  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 7:18:16 AM(UTC)
zuzzlan
Private
Sweden

After having polished the intro a bit (and the rest of the map since the last post) I encountered this error when using certain camera angles. There will be a disgusting spread of darkness on half the screen just like in the pictures provided, with the next angle being completely fine not having any of that junk. Anyone know a workaround for this? It really sucks to have it in the middle of my intro cinematic.

Also off-topic question, there occurs a mismatch shortly after the nuclear missile silo is destroyed. When it is destroyed, the particle cannon becomes active for the US. I'm not sure if the guy playing US used it which caused a mismatch, but if anyone script-nerdy could check those things out then I'd appreciate it. Also you will see a folder under DRONE which is disabled, it seems like it somehow causes mismatches sometimes since after disabling that folder there doesn't appear to be as many mismatches as before.

Thanks beforehand.

http://imgur.com/a/HPoKN glitchy black effect. <-- The only part of the intro where it occurs.

http://imgur.com/a/s0Y4V next shot, completely fine.

Map attached below.

File Attachment(s):
Operation Radioactive Snow.rar (301kb) downloaded 22 time(s).
Sponsor
Offline mr_hymn_  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 18, 2017 8:33:33 AM(UTC)
mr_hymn_
Major
Thailand

Was thanked: 145 time(s) in 127 post(s)
Are you changing the camera height? because by default is 320 never be that high. If so it's normal since I am using 1000 camera height and mission always went back or zooming at something for the cinematic.
Offline zuzzlan  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:40:49 AM(UTC)
zuzzlan
Private
Sweden

I use a script to change the pitch and zoom of the camera to make it more pleasant to look at, I haven't changed my own camera in any way.
Offline Gameanater  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 12:32:55 AM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
I know this is like a month late but still.

I have no idea how to help with the mismatch problem, but...

As for the camera blackness problem, by my (limited) guess, that seems to be an unfortunate side-effect of a 10+ year-old, incredibly poorly optimized game engine running on newer hardware. It happens in normal official Zero Hour missions too, like GLA 04. I know for a fact this never happened to me when I was using Windows XP and Windows 7.

Only solution is to fiddle around with camera angles and see if you can find one that doesn't cause that blackness problem.

Edited by user Monday, May 22, 2017 12:34:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline Unknown Editor  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 3:09:12 AM(UTC)
Unknown Editor
Major

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Or Maybe You Can Change the Compatibility .
My Generals Didn't Show the ShellMap at all and Some more Problems too , But When I Changed the Compatibility , Most of them Solved .
I just went to generals.exe Properties/Compatibility/Compatibility Mode and Tick "Run this Program in Compatibility Mode for :"
And Choose "Windows 7" .
Maybe "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)" or "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" can be Even Better .
Hope It Works for You too .
Asking is Not a Problem , Problem is Not to Know Something .

Operation : Dark Angel
Static : Launch Delayed
Reason : Uncool Terrain - Old Logic in use - Lack of Performance
Status : Applying new Terrain - Applying new Logic - Increasing Performance by 300%