Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline WielkiKaszaniarz  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 7, 2017 1:24:16 PM(UTC)
WielkiKaszaniarz
Private

Would you like to describe me point by point, how to add "unpack" ability to a unit? I've copied original code from GDI Rig and modified it, and a unit looks right in game (with turn left-right, OBBox, textures), so just adding a unit isn't a problem for me. But what is needed to add "Unpack/Repack"? The files which I've created in 3DSMax:

AUTruck_SKN.w3x (Hierarchical Model), AUTruck_SKL.w3x (Skeleton), AUTruckTRL.w3x (or TRR).w3x (Pure Animation, turn left-right), AUTruckDEP.w3x (Pure Animation of deploying), ABTruck.w3x (Hierarchical Model with Skeleton, version after deployment). My unit doesn't have any slots for cannons or repair drones, to make this easier. Do I need more w3x files? And if yes, which ones should be in ModelConditionState and which ones in AnimationState? Which parts of code should I look closer and which xml files do I need to code it right?

If you can, please help me. I'm single-person team (nobody interested cooperating, and even if somebody's declaring help, he does almost nothing) and I don't want to stop work on my mod (even if many think that it's dead).

I appreciate universal tips, but if they won't help, of course I can upload my code here.
Sponsor
Offline CommieDog  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 9, 2017 5:30:18 PM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
I'm a bit confused here. Have you already gotten the deploy and undeploy abilities to work, and now you're just trying to get the graphics right?
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
Offline WielkiKaszaniarz  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 9, 2017 5:40:22 PM(UTC)
WielkiKaszaniarz
Private

No, in-game I don't have even "Deploy" button
Offline CommieDog  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 1:53:12 AM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Then you should probably fix that before you worry about the graphical code.

If you copied the Rig code for your unit, then you'll need to add Command_UnpackRig to your unit's CommandSet.
UserPostedImage
Offline WielkiKaszaniarz  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 6:48:37 AM(UTC)
WielkiKaszaniarz
Private

I have it:

<LogicCommandSet
id="GDIRigCommandSet">
<Cmd>Command_StanceDrillDown</Cmd>
<Cmd>Command_UnpackRig</Cmd>
<Cmd>Command_AttackMove</Cmd>
</LogicCommandSet>

Could you check my code?

Edited by user Tuesday, April 11, 2017 6:51:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline CommieDog  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:52:51 PM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
United States

I see that you reference a NODAmmoVanCommandSet in your new unit, but the CommandSet you posted is for the Rig. What does NODAmmoVanCommandSet look like?
UserPostedImage
Offline WielkiKaszaniarz  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2017 6:41:02 AM(UTC)
WielkiKaszaniarz
Private

And that was a mistake, because if I used "NODAmmoVanCommandSet" at the beginning, I shouldn't have in NODAmmoVan.xml:

but Command_UnpackNODAmmoVan.

I've corrected it and returned to GDIRigCommandSet. Now deployment ability works fine. I'm not sure if animations of deployment is right because I have to rescale NBAmmoVan about 50x (it's size is like a shoe of infantry :P). When I check it, I'll write if I have more problems.

Thanks a lot, CommieDog! :)