Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages«<678910>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gameanater  
#141 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 12:16:30 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
I think the best way to do a kind of mobile aircraft carrier would be to use Slave Code, essentially creating a bunch of USA Drones to follow it around. Of course, this means they won't ever land and they'll have to have infinite ammo to be of any viability (just give them a decent Reload Time or something).

I'm very excited for the idea of this mod and would love to help out with coding, however I am in no way in a position to *commit* to it. Also, I'm rusty and out of practice with both modding and playing the game, so... Yeah.

But I'll definitely keep watch of this mod.

My knowledge of the MCU is limited to the movies, however. Never watched the TV shows.

Dr. Strange ability -

"I've come to bargain!"
Basically does the same thing as Black Lotus' cash-stealing power. Just faster. And yells "I've come to bargain!"

Some ideas on how the Avengers faction would work.

- Each unit has the KindOf "CountForMultiplayerVictory" or whatever it was so that they must ALL die for the player to lose. Obviously, they've got rediculiously high amounts of health and armor to insure their viability.

- They can all build structures, but there's only a few they can build, namely the Avengers Tower and the aircraft carrier.

- Horde Bonus on all of them. Because, honestly, why not. Maybe they're also the only faction to get a Horde Bonus.

Edited by user Monday, February 6, 2017 12:21:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
thanks 1 user thanked Gameanater for this useful post.
zero hour mad map maker on 2/6/2017(UTC)
Offline klingondragon  
#142 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 12:19:55 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
I'm doing my last test of the 'Deploy' method.

Once this fails, which I expect it to, I'll forget it. I think we should then go with the transport method.
The Drone method is fine for something like the iron legion, not so much for a carrier.
thanks 1 user thanked klingondragon for this useful post.
Gameanater on 2/6/2017(UTC)
Offline Gameanater  
#143 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 12:23:22 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Originally Posted by: klingondragon Go to Quoted Post
I'm doing my last test of the 'Deploy' method.

Once this fails, which I expect it to, I'll forget it. I think we should then go with the transport method.
The Drone method is fine for something like the iron legion, not so much for a carrier.

The Drone Method is more or less guaranteed to work at least, but I do like the earlier mentioned idea of basically doing a flying Troop Crawler. Although I've had a lot of problems in the vanilla game with my troops not getting back in the Crawler after the engagement.

(Note that I haven't read through every response so I might have missed something.)
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline acidbrain  
#144 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 12:27:17 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 364 post(s)
Maybe This will help...
Panem et kirkinses
thanks 1 user thanked acidbrain for this useful post.
Offline klingondragon  
#145 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 12:28:42 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

I worked out the weak link in the deploy method. The flying.
Every ground object switched when I clicked deploy.
I tried it on loads of aircraft. It failed on every one.

Dr Strange, I forgot about him. I'll add him to the avengers' flowchart.

I'm not so keen on avengers building structures (except maybe stark).
And horde, great idea.

I remember that thread. But I don't think that's what we want for an aircraft carrier.

Edited by user Monday, February 6, 2017 12:31:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Reply to acid

Offline Gameanater  
#146 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 12:36:20 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

I worked out the weak link in the deploy method. The flying.
Every ground object switched when I clicked deploy.
I tried it on loads of aircraft. It failed on every one.

Dr Strange, I forgot about him. I'll add him to the avengers' flowchart.

I'm not so keen on avengers building structures (except maybe stark).
And horde, great idea.

I remember that thread. But I don't think that's what we want for an aircraft carrier.

Stark could be the first unit you start with, and the only one able to build the structures (except maybe a few others could build minor turrets or something), and he starts out in like his Mark 1 armor or something. Then you upgrade him to his more powerful and iconic Iron Man suits.

If Stark dies, you'd have to hope you can "train" another one of him before your structures are destroyed, or you're stuck not being able to build much of anything for the rest of the game unless you can get a capture on an enemy structure.

Maybe Hawkeye has an arrow for that. He has an arrow for everything, after all.

Edited by user Monday, February 6, 2017 12:37:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added SPOILER tags

Offline Gameanater  
#147 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 12:42:13 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Also I was wondering how Scarlette Witch, Vision, and QuickSilver would work. I know QuickSilver was only in Age of Ultron but he'd still be fun.

He might be the best unit for scouting and such due to the fact that he moves so freaking fast, and he can dodge a lot of attacks. But he's a bit of a fragile speedster and a glass cannon because he has some of the lowest HP and armor out of the Avengers faction.
Also, you might have to re-work the bullet-based attacks to be extremely fast projectiles instead of hitscan, because otherwise they will never miss their target, thus completely negating QuickSilver's ability to outrun so many attacks.
Offline klingondragon  
#148 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 12:56:00 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

I was having each avenger buildable only once. Otherwise they'd be too OP.
Offline Zatsupachi  
#149 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 2:34:28 PM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
@acidbrain HEY! I remember that thread. :3 Good Times.

Also, I'm in this the drone method than the Aerial Troop Crawler method.
It gives me more leg-way to put down MORE DAKKA(never enough DAKKA) on the Helicarrier.
(I'm p-sure we wont need Bunkerbusters(moreover Bunkerbusters that can hit air units) right?)
"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!
thanks 1 user thanked Zatsupachi for this useful post.
Offline Gameanater  
#150 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 4:28:32 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

I was having each avenger buildable only once. Otherwise they'd be too OP.

Perhaps I should better explain what I mean, my bad.

Each Avenger has a build limit of 1, similar to the Hero Units in vanilla CCG/ZH. But they can be rebuilt if they're killed, but only at an Avenger Tower most likely.

Tony Stark is the only one who can build structures beyond simple turrets, base defenses, etc. So if he's killed, the player better hope that he can "train" another Tony Stark before their Avenger Tower is destroyed, otherwise they're screwed and not able to build any more units for the rest of the game.

Tony Stark would be the unit the player first starts with, and he starts in his Mark 1 armor to keep him from being utterly OP from the start.

He could be upgraded to use his later, more iconic and powerful Iron Man suits.
If he's killed and rebuilt, he once again starts in his Mark 1 armor.
Offline klingondragon  
#151 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 5:24:39 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

I actually meant 'buildable only once'. Not max simultaneous, 'buildable only once'. Once they're dead they're dead.
You can't just have them being built again. They'd be too powerful. I also think it would be too massive a story deviation.
Offline Gameanater  
#152 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 7:35:19 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

I actually meant 'buildable only once'. Not max simultaneous, 'buildable only once'. Once they're dead they're dead.
You can't just have them being built again. They'd be too powerful. I also think it would be too massive a story deviation.

Oh, I see. I get why with that idea, though I don't think it'd be possible to implement without scripting every map to remove the Command Button for the buildings after the unit was built, and even with that that could screw over someone if there's more than one Avengers faction being played. In Singleplayer you can do that just fine if you want, but in multiplayer it's simply not going to work.

Besides, I think it's a reasonable case of Gameplay and Story Segregation. The campaigns of ZH and Vanilla Generals do the same thing by having the mission failed if the character dies, but later on they're buildable and can die and be built again despite them being unique characters.

Also, there's the fact that you can have two of the same factions in a Skirmish match both build a Colonel Burton and send him out. I don't think story is really considered in most games with a Skirmish mode like that.

Besides besides, it sounds like from what you're describing Hydra and SHIELD would operate closer to a standard RTS army, while the Avengers rely more on strong management of a few very powerful units that you build up. I think it'd be reasonable to allow the player to rebuild their powerful units again to give them a fairer chance to coming back.

Edited by user Monday, February 6, 2017 7:35:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Zatsupachi  
#153 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 8:22:45 PM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

I have an idea actually on how to make one-shot only units that cannot be rebuilt once destroyed.

But hey. Nice argument using Gameplay and Story Segregation there.

Edited by user Monday, February 6, 2017 8:24:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"It's precision_bomber."

Next Episode:
Offline klingondragon  
#154 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 9:13:55 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

It would be easy to make the avengers buildable only once with ini.

And unless the upgrades were ridiculously expensive, the avengers would end up being normal units. They really should be special.

Edited by user Monday, February 6, 2017 9:15:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Made another point

Offline Gameanater  
#155 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 12:37:48 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Well okay, then how is it done through coding? All I've heard of is simply the MaxSimultaneousofType thing and scripting to remove a command button.

Originally Posted by: Zatsupachi Go to Quoted Post
But hey. Nice argument using Gameplay and Story Segregation there.

I can't tell if that second statement there is sarcastic or not. XD

Quote:
And unless the upgrades were ridiculously expensive, the avengers would end up being normal units. They really should be special.

Imo they'd already be quite special as extremely powerful only-one-at-atime units. Like Colonel Burton, except made really, really powerful yet probably not downright OP.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 7, 2017 12:39:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline klingondragon  
#156 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 1:33:09 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

Code:
  MaxSimultaneousOfType = DeterminedBySuperweaponRestriction ; Normally unlimited, but can be selected by players in multiplayer games
  MaxSimultaneousLinkKey = Superweapon  ; Count all superweapons **AND THE GLA SCUD STORM REBUILD HOLE** as one "type" for MaxSimultaneousOfType

I'm sure we can use these to make each avenger buildable only once.
Give each avenger an object they produce when dead. Then give them the same MaxSimultaneousLinkKey.

What's the point, if they're not OP?
I never use the 'heroes' in ZH. They're too expensive and not that useful.
Offline acidbrain  
#157 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 1:47:46 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 364 post(s)

I never use the 'heroes' in ZH. They're too expensive and not that useful.

I can only lol to that, try to use them and discover the usefullness dude
Panem et kirkinses
thanks 2 users thanked acidbrain for this useful post.
zero hour mad map maker on 2/7/2017(UTC), Gameanater on 2/11/2017(UTC)
Offline klingondragon  
#158 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 2:11:01 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

I used to.

Lotus was the one I stopped using latest (and in some cases still do). But her capture power wasn't worth the lack of weapon.
Kell wasn't worth the money either. Just a sniper (kill pilot isn't that useful). Pathfinder Vs Kell. I'll have Pathfinders.
Burton is the worst. Ok, he has a good gun. But it's just too expensive.

That's why I don't use them. They're too expensive for their abilities.
Offline Zatsupachi  
#159 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 3:46:16 PM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

You probably haven't been early Lotus rushed. Why would I send Lotus alone?

Jarmen Kell is useful. The Kill Pilot ability is very powerful if you know what you want to do with it. Of course you'd take Pathfinders the DIRECT COUNTER to any commando unit. One less active Overlord can change the tides.

Colonel Burton is average at best, he is certain more versitile as his normal attack is good for infantry to light armor.
"It's precision_bomber."

Next Episode:
thanks 1 user thanked Zatsupachi for this useful post.
Gameanater on 2/11/2017(UTC)
Offline klingondragon  
#160 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2017 5:18:02 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

It doesn't really matter how I play. What matters more is making sure the avengers have the right balance of power, restrictions, dedication to the source material, and fun.