Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zatsupachi  
#21 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2017 6:57:11 PM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Okay this been dangling in front of me for quite some time.

So here's my ModDb: http://www.moddb.com/members/precision-bomber

I can help with INI Code.
And temporarily put me in 3d modelling until we can find someone better than me(I'm not really the best).
"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!
Offline klingondragon  
#22 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2017 7:18:09 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
Welcome aboard.
Offline renaissance  
#23 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2017 11:28:56 PM(UTC)
renaissance
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
Canada

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
If you're willing to have someone on odds and ends / modeller I'll join but keep in mind my participation may be limited. I really don't want to promise too much but I don't want you shortstaffed either

EDIT - I'd be willing to work with zatsupachi and teach some tips/tricks as needed

Originally Posted by: KlingonDragon Go to Quoted Post
I've been thinking about how the factions will build structures and produce units.
I decided to make a kind of flowchart for each faction. But, I've run out of steam and want an early night. So, I decided to upload what I have so I can get some feedback

This is a good idea. Looks good so far. Do you have a complete list of intended units/structures or is this to help you round it out?

Edited by user Monday, January 9, 2017 11:39:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 7:27:21 AM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
What exactly do the Skirmish Modders do? Are they the ones that script the AI to function in skirmish? Much like the skirmishScripts.scb that EA made?
Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator
Offline klingondragon  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:22:45 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

The skirmish modders are exactly that. The ones who make the scripts work for our new factions. They'd also have to mod the AI ini files.

As for the units: I haven't really thought about it. I was hoping to get input from the community.
I'm not sure how much I should take from the films and how much I should take from agents of SHIELD.
Plus I think the helicarrier will be a tad OP (But I also really like it).
#26 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 12:13:46 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Ah, well you can also put my name in that category, as scripting in the WB is my forte. I enjoy working with AI parameters.

As for the units, you know like Colonel Burton, Jarmen Kell, and Black Lotus, we can put Captain America as the "hero" of the Avengers.

As for S.H.E.I.L.D, we should make Ghost Rider the hero for them. That would be bad***, just make him whip some things with his fire chain lol.

And for the Hyrda, I'm not entirely sure who's part of that and what that is, but would Wolverine work?

Edited by user Tuesday, January 10, 2017 12:15:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline klingondragon  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 1:34:03 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

Sure you can do the skirmish stuff.

I was going to make all the Avengers 'heroes'

Ghost Rider isn't part of S.H.I.E.L.D.. I think their hero should be either Coulson or Fury (or another good agent). 

Wolverine is an X-man and not part of the MCU.

I would think Hydra's Hero should be Grant Ward (I'm not sure what other good Hydra agents would work).
#28 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 2:35:49 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Originally Posted by: klingondragon Go to Quoted Post
Sure you can do the skirmish stuff.

I was going to make all the Avengers 'heroes'

Ghost Rider isn't part of S.H.I.E.L.D.. I think their hero should be either Coulson or Fury (or another good agent). 

Well I researched and apparently he is part of S.H.E.I.L.D. If I researched correctly.

UserPostedImage
(poster)

Quote from an article:

"It's no secret that the Marvel Cinematic Universe is about to grow in an unprecedented way. Phase 3 will see a ton of new characters enter the silver screen portion of the MCU, but some of the best and most fascinating additions are coming to the small screen sector. In fact, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D has taken a huge step forward and added in Ghost Rider. . ."

Wolverine is an X-man and not part of the MCU.

OH! Haha! Sorry there are so many super hero characters, I forgot where they belong sometimes....
Offline klingondragon  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 2:56:53 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

The character is in the TV series but not part of the organisation.
Offline renaissance  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 3:23:34 PM(UTC)
renaissance
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
Canada

I think hero units for Avengers are obvious.
SHIELD could be a trifecta of Fury, Coulson, and Daisy... or dare I say deathlock?
Hydra might be something like Ward, Hive, or some of the inhumans.

I think it might be easier if you chose a relative event in the MCU and picked from there.

Also, and keep in mind this is just me spitballing, but how do you feel about merging SHIELD with the Avengers and having AIM/Hammertech as a third faction?
UserPostedImage
Offline klingondragon  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 3:25:22 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

I've updated the building flowchart for S.H.I.E.L.D..
Offline klingondragon  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 3:33:27 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: renaissance Go to Quoted Post
Also, and keep in mind this is just me spitballing, but how do you feel about merging SHIELD with the Avengers and having AIM/Hammertech as a third faction?

I wanted to keep them separate. Although the Avengers started as a special S.H.I.E.L.D. team, They've gone their separate ways and I think we should keep it that way.
If we can come up with a really good 3rd faction I wouldn't mind merging them.

As for those companies as extra factions: I don't think it would work. They're pretty minor in the grand scheme of things and they're essentially just manufacturers (Rather than organisations that would take part in combat). I just don't think it would work.
I think we should stick with the three we have for now.

#33 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 4:40:14 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

The character is in the TV series but not part of the organisation.

Huh, but wouldn't he still be a part of the SHIELD Universe? And if he's not categorized in SHIELD, but is still part of Marvel, what group would he belong in?

Edited by user Tuesday, January 10, 2017 4:42:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: not specified

Offline klingondragon  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 4:43:10 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

It's all the same universe (That's the point).
He wouldn't be part of any of the three factions we have so far. (Although he is aligned with SHIELD so, if we really wanted, we'd add him to that faction).
Offline klingondragon  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 4:59:15 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

Made an Avengers flowchart:
UserPostedImage

Edited by user Sunday, January 29, 2017 12:22:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Updated

#36 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:37:09 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Originally Posted by: KlingonDragon Go to Quoted Post
It's all the same universe (That's the point).
He wouldn't be part of any of the three factions we have so far. (Although he is aligned with SHIELD so, if we really wanted, we'd add him to that faction).

Yes! That would be awesome to add him in xD.

Nice flow chart btw, lookin good!

I'm gonna start some brainstorming on some skirmish maps. I also wonder if Adriane could help out with the map making as well. He has some good talent.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 10, 2017 8:38:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline klingondragon  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:11:58 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

I'm thinking the maps should be double or triple the size of usual maps. I'm expecting some of these buildings to get quite big.
Offline Zatsupachi  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 12:04:55 AM(UTC)
Zatsupachi
Major

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 155 post(s)
I suggest reading up on this:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwi...eplayAndStorySegregation

We don't necessarily have to scale everything to canon. Otherwise we face performance issues.

That's also a good tvtropes page to read on how to balance the Avengers.
'Cuz quite frankly, as I'm seeing it, it's pick Avengers to win.

Neither S.H.I.E.L.D. or Hydra have anything to stand against the Avengers aside a few notable characters, which end up being the only characters to use.

Also, the Avengers don't have an army. They have the Hulk. And I don't mean in the movies' ironic tone. The Hulk is that powerful and so are the others. THOR can end everyone as far as I'm concerned.
"It's precision_bomber."

Death Label HAS BEEN RELEASED(go get v0.99):
http://www.moddb.com/mod...oads/death-label-ver-099

Next Episode:
precision_bomber's Zero Hour SCIENCE!
Offline klingondragon  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 4:45:00 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

Right from the beginning the main concern has been how to scale the avengers.
And when I meant stuff would be big, I meant I expected something like the helicarrier to be at least the size of the base game's aircraft carrier (if not bigger), plus it should be flying. Not everything will be massive but think about what happens in the MCU. Single stories take place over massive areas.
Offline renaissance  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 11:14:27 AM(UTC)
renaissance
Canada

An idea for Avenger "troops" is the Iron Legion. Probably low to low-med health with stun capabilities only. Making them a pilotless vehicle opens the option of them being hacked.

I had an idea for balancing. Since Stark is central point in the MCU Avengers (his bulding, his mansion, his legion, hisplane) why not make him a starting unit but with a beginner suit and build capabilities. An alternative would be a non-corporeal Jarvis matrix*. Since their units will be powerful, limiting their number in structures might be a way to assign them a weakness - ie. 1 "barracks".

* To solve the issue of a win being denied because jarvis is the last unit but can not be killed, you can make him "die" after each building is constructed. You can go beyond that by giving him a build countdown/"self-destruct" timer (ie. 1:00 minute after he is created)

Edited by user Wednesday, January 11, 2017 11:34:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage