Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline klingondragon  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2017 10:02:45 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
The concept:
A conversion mod for ZH with three new factions: S.H.I.E.L.D., Hydra, and the Avengers.

S.H.I.E.L.D. is relatively simple - Use the conventional base and faction mechanics.

The Avengers will take some balancing - A Tower (and maybe a warehouse or two for cash) that produces the heroes and upgrades and unlocks as the game progresses to make them stronger as the conventional teams get stronger.

Hydra will probably be a mix of conventional and custom mechanics. Defiantly using the cut defector power to show double agents and probably a barracks purchasing mercs.

What I need:
  • Ideas - Please reply with your ideas
  • Staff -
    • Model Maker - to make models for new units and structures [Zatsupachi|Omar_Gamer]
    • Map Makers - for custom missions and skirmish maps [Zero Hour Mad Map Maker]
    • INI Coders - for the core of the mod [KlingonDragon | Zatsupachi]
    • Artists - to make textures for the new models
    • Windows Modders - to change menus for the mod
    • Skirmish Modders to make the new factions work in skirmish mode[ZHMMM]
    Although (given enough time) I could probably learn some of this and do it myself I feel it would be better to get people comfortable with these modding aspects to help. (If anyone volunteers I will put their name on this post as staff.) Feel free to volunteer for one or more positions with.
  • Reactions - Think this is a good or bad idea? Please tell me why, so I can improve it.

I expect this mod would take considerable time. However, the more people work on it, the quicker we could make it.

Mod Website http://mcu.klingondragon.dynu.com/
ModDB Page http://www.moddb.com/mods/marvel-cinematic-universe

Edited by user Friday, January 27, 2017 12:02:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: URL

Sponsor
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2017 11:20:54 AM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
I can be your map maker! This sounds like fun. Though we might need more than one map maker, as missions take the longest; it all depends on what it's about and how many missions will be needed.

As for the idea itself, it seems cool! I like it. Nothing wrong about it, I think it's good. It'll take a long time to make, but we could actually pull this off.

Edited by user Saturday, January 7, 2017 11:21:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator
Offline klingondragon  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2017 11:30:31 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Zero Hour Mad Map Maker wrote:
Though we might need more than one map maker, as missions take the longest; it all depends on what it's about and how many missions will be needed.
I expect we'd need around 5 missions for each faction plus a few skirmish maps for each number of players in skirmish.

I expect the mapping team to consist of a few people each working on their own maps. Although how you do it would be up to the team itself. I'm not very good with maps (have a look at the ones on my website), so, I don't want to get too involved in that part of the mod.

Edited by user Saturday, January 7, 2017 11:31:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Tense

#4 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2017 11:37:24 AM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Yeah, so we'll need quite the bit of map makers. But, don't we still need a story? Or do the map makers come up with that?
Offline klingondragon  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2017 11:42:47 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

ZHMMM wrote:
Yeah, so we'll need quite the bit of map makers.

hence
KlingonDragon wrote:
I expect this mod would take considerable time. However, the more people work on it, the quicker we could make it.

as for
ZHMMM wrote:
But, don't we still need a story? Or do the map makers come up with that?

Not sure. I think we should take aspects from the MCU (especially the ensemble films and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series).
I expect The whole mod team to come up with the overall story and the map makers to do the individual stories.
Offline klingondragon  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2017 5:27:31 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

I have an idea for the mod logo (this took about 5 minutes, given more time and inclination I'm sure I could make a better one).

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Monday, January 23, 2017 5:34:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Picture URL

#7 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2017 6:11:19 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Looks great! I really like it.
Offline klingondragon  
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2017 7:50:05 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

Originally I added a grid and some crosshairs like the ZH loading screen. In the end I decided against it and added the faction icons.
Offline renaissance  
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2017 8:59:16 PM(UTC)
renaissance
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
Canada

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I'm looking forward to hearing more about your plans. So far so good.
UserPostedImage
Offline klingondragon  
#10 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2017 11:45:46 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

Any chance you want to help out?
Offline renaissance  
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2017 11:54:15 PM(UTC)
renaissance
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
Canada

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I'm willing to help but I don't want to commit; not only am I rusty but I don't want you relying on me and getting held back.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked renaissance for this useful post.
UTD^Force on 8/6/2020(UTC)
Offline acidbrain  
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2017 4:29:02 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 364 post(s)
As much as i would like to help i just dont have the time for it, i do have the majority of the alpha buildings though which you can use for a new faction, you know where to find me if you are interested...
There are some new models which i never released btw such as a alpha strategycenter and alpha supplycenter...
Here are some pics:

Here are some downloads
Panem et kirkinses
Offline klingondragon  
#13 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2017 8:52:34 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

You don't have to put all your time and energy in. Every little helps.
That being said, I think the models for each faction should have the same style. While you could make single models as and when you felt like it, I don't know if they'd fit with the models others make (or vice versa).

Do you want me to add you to the team?

I will make a moddb page and a small website when we have the core team and a more rounded out concept.
Offline acidbrain  
#14 Posted : Sunday, January 8, 2017 9:27:10 AM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 364 post(s)
Im not going to make promises because i know how busy i already am with other projects, have a pretty busy job also, and most important is that i have the attentionspan of a mosquito...
I have a gazillion unfinished projects already and i dont want to disappoint any of the team members if i join, you can get models which i have already made but im not going to make new ones because that takes a sjitload of time, especially buildings...
Panem et kirkinses
Offline klingondragon  
#15 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2017 11:48:11 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

URGENT:
Model makers needed.
While some aspects of the mod can be made without models the bulk of the coding requires new units and structures.

Any and all help is appreciated.
#16 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2017 2:39:37 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Unfortunately, this may be a great idea, but I think we're just majorly lacking on the amount of people to assist it.....
Offline klingondragon  
#17 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2017 2:41:30 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

At this point it's too soon to say.

Although if we don't get a model maker we're never going to be able to do anything.
#18 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2017 2:45:03 PM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
Canada

Perhaps, but, we just have to be patient ;)

I would also help with the modelling, but all I can make right now is a donut.... lol
Offline klingondragon  
#19 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2017 4:00:11 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

Offline klingondragon  
#20 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2017 4:21:11 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

I've been thinking about how the factions will build structures and produce units.
I decided to make a kind of flowchart for each faction. But, I've run out of steam and want an early night. So, I decided to upload what I have so I can get some feedback.

UserPostedImage

A larger version of the flowchart can be found here.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 10, 2017 3:34:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: New Image