Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline WielkiKaszaniarz  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2015 1:45:35 PM(UTC)
WielkiKaszaniarz
Private

Hi! I am a beginner in modding Tiberium Wars. With my small team I want to create new total-conversion mod, but there's one big problem. In our mod sea battle ships will be very important, but in original game there aren't any naval units. Some modders said me it is impossible.

But really?

C&C 3 was created on modified SAGE engine from Generals, only one year later SAGE was used in Red Alert 3 (both games have naval units). Maybe is possible to add some scripts or find these ones which exist in C&C3 files but they stay unused (like Ion Cannon from Tiberian Sun in Red Alert 2)? Could you help my team solving this problem and make some experiments? Thanks a lot.
Sponsor
Offline The splat  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 3:59:41 AM(UTC)
The splat
Private

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 2 post(s)
There is already a mod called Naval wars , its very possible and completely reasonable to want to achieve , just be sure you don't go remaking the wheel though.
The naval wars is a german mod and sadly while I pm'ed that team they failed to reply.
Offline WielkiKaszaniarz  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 5:12:52 AM(UTC)
WielkiKaszaniarz
Private

I saw it, thanks! But this is mod for Generals Zero Hour, not for C&C 3. Perhaps adding naval units with that could be easier :)
Offline CommieDog  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 10:31:58 AM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
I don't think that naval units are a problem. It's the production structures (specifically, ones that can be placed in water) that would be a problem.
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
Offline klingondragon  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 5:15:55 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
I still want to be able to do that in ZH. the only way I found was to use an amphibious transport as a MCV which 'unpacks' into a naval yard.
Offline WielkiKaszaniarz  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2016 6:13:19 AM(UTC)
WielkiKaszaniarz
Private

Yeah, but still you have to code new terrain type, water, to unable "naval MCV" to unpack on the ground. And if you code that, you can just change one line in xml code of unit/building, so still the point is to code new terrain.
Offline The splat  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2017 5:12:49 AM(UTC)
The splat
Private

The Naval wars mod for tib wars 3 is not a generals or zero hour mod and you will find it is hosted at thundermods.net
Please do note and actually read my reply next time.
The basics for making naval units remains the same : have a "special" warfactory that creates "tanks or bikes" that have been remodelled to ships, then merely "replace the models look" and have a capture "script" in world builder for each of your mods maps "shipyards". NOTE given the naval wars mod team didn't use a lot of maps with waves in the water its likely that if you make maps with waves it could wind up look not quite great but should still work.

Naval units are done vaguely the same in zh but there is one heck of a lot of zh naval mods compared to tib wars :)

Offline WielkiKaszaniarz  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2017 7:03:19 AM(UTC)
WielkiKaszaniarz
Private

I have read, maybe I didn't understand your reply right. I apologize for it. Thank you for help :)

EDIT: But man, I can't find anything there, there's almost nothing. Would you like to give me a link?

Edited by user Thursday, January 5, 2017 7:22:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline The splat  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 6:42:42 AM(UTC)
The splat
Private

http://thundermods.net/a...mp;action=view&id=71
seems they updated the site had to look it up in the archived site that was available.
Hopefully you like it.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 10, 2017 6:47:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified