Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ryan4022  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 6:58:13 PM(UTC)
ryan4022
Private
United States

Before I start, I'm going to say what it isn't:
-It isn't modified versions of the game
-All games are patched up to 1.04, again no modifications are added.
-Both computers are on the same OS
-Both computers have the map file
-The map does not contain a map.ini file.

So I made a map using the world builder for C&C GZH, and I am using the "local player" variable in the map. I know this isn't liked in the multiplayer realm and it is the reason why I am getting mismatches in the LAN server; however, it is essential that I use "local player" because it does what I need it too.

My question is, is there an alternative to "local player"? (which "this player's enemy" in the civilian folder will not work because I need it to do multiple players, not just the host. Unless there is another way to go about it where it transfers to more than just the host.)

OR

Is there a way to disable the mismatch checker? Because again, no one has modified clients, it's just the map.

Any help is great, thanks!
Sponsor
Offline klingondragon  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 7:21:22 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
Could you use a subroutine with <this player> instead?
Offline ryan4022  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 10:15:07 PM(UTC)
ryan4022
Private
United States

Originally Posted by: klingondragon Go to Quoted Post
Could you use a subroutine with <this player> instead?

Where would I put the script then? I only have the civilian faction and the default skirmish players + neutral.

EDIT: I tried this solution for both PlyrCivilian and (neutral) neither worked.

Edited by user Saturday, October 22, 2016 10:49:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline klingondragon  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 11:24:27 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
It shouldn't matter where you put the script. And you may have to modify the script to get it to work. What does it actually do?
Offline ryan4022  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2016 11:38:57 PM(UTC)
ryan4022
Private
United States

Originally Posted by: klingondragon Go to Quoted Post
It shouldn't matter where you put the script. And you may have to modify the script to get it to work. What does it actually do?

[Removed]

So what I want to do here is, I spawn in two teams to Skirmish GLA. After that, I want those two teams to transfer to two different players (human players). Then those human players "hunt" the other team down, and when they lose all their units, they lose the game. Feel free to take a look and correct me where I'm wrong.

Also, apologies for sloppy code, I am not the best with scripting in this world builder.

EDIT: I updated the map a little bit; I finished some coding for the AI to work single player. Now I need to finish multiplayer.

Updated Link

Edited by user Sunday, October 23, 2016 2:14:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline ryan4022  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2016 2:23:52 PM(UTC)
ryan4022
Private
United States

BUMP