Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rrtaya_tsamsiyu  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2016 2:09:05 AM(UTC)
Rrtaya_tsamsiyu
Colonel
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 139 post(s)
There's a game that came out in the days of Windows 95 and 98, called Red Baron 2. It's cool because it has dynamic damage, to a degree that i've not seen in any other game. Flight Simulator X comes close, but the damage isn't visual like it is in RB2. you can take out landing gear, individual wings (there's 6 of them on most of the planes, being that most WW1 planes were biplanes), the struts in between wings, etc.

Anyways, I actually started this post because the free version is odd. To get it, you have to download the German version which was made free. Then patch it to english, then give it a graphics patch. Then it will work, but gives a no CD error. On the error popup, there are four iron crosses, one on each corner. To get the game to work you click the top right one six times. lol. Then turn right at the house with the bicycle with three spokes missing.

Now that i've successfully wasted some of your time, and hopefully been slightly entertaining, i'll be nice and provide a link.
http://www.virtualaces.net/redbaron/redbaron.html

P.S. Along with the neat visual damage that changes the way the planes fly/if they can fly, every now and then you'll get the rare shock of setting a plane on fire and the pilot jumping out. Have fun.

Edited by user Sunday, February 14, 2016 2:11:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

one soul at a time
Sponsor