Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Grasscompany  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 9:53:23 AM(UTC)
Grasscompany
Private
Netherlands

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi all,

First of all Im new to this forum so Hi to ya'll! :)

I have a question guys,

I have downloaded and played a map, but I want to change it a little. (add more oil derricks to it)

It is a Tower Defence map. It already has some oil in place so I simply copy and paste some of the oil derricks.

Now when I edit the map name details and after that save. My map appears in the map list, but it has a black map-thumbnail, or map-image.

Also some messages that were shown ingame do not show up anymore, I think because off map name change.

Where do I need to look for influences of the map name? And does anyone have any tips on how to quickly and succesfully change a map a little/fast.

Thank you in advance,

Grass
Sponsor
Offline Grasscompany  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2015 7:39:00 AM(UTC)
Grasscompany
Private
Netherlands

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Okay, as I found out the answer myself, I will post it here for anyone interested.

First of all, if you have a black background mini-map, this is because you missing a custom TGA file.
When you create a map with the name "mission1" and then save it, world builder will create a file called: "mission1.tga".
Now you have to manually create a file called: "mission1_art.tga" and place that in the same map. (notice _art is added at the end of the filename)

For more information how to build a mini-map check out the tutorial here:

http://www.cnclabs.com/maps/redalert3/worldbuilder/tutorials/tutorial/9.aspx#CreatingaMiniMap

If the map you are editing had some custom messages in it, but they don't appear on your copy of the map anymore, that's because you are missing a .str file from the original map.

A file like "map.str" contains all the custom messages scripted. Copy this file from the original map folder into your new map folder.

Cheers

Edited by user Thursday, October 8, 2015 7:39:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Grasscompany for this useful post.
SUPER-G on 10/8/2015(UTC)