Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline cymun111  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 8:50:53 PM(UTC)
cymun111
Private
Chile

ok this is the first time i have modded zero hour, i have modded generals and it all worked fine
but i tried a simple price change on the aurora bomber with faction USA in generals zero hour
What i did was change the price from $2500 to $500 to troubleshoot the problem with my mods and I tested the change in a skirmish battle and no change.
my ini files are laid out as follows:
C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer(tm) Generals Zero Hour\Data\INI , and inside the INI folder are the extracted .ini files from the INIZH.big file
Can someone tell me why the mods i do are not working when i test them in shirmish battle?

the full path is :

C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer(tm) Generals Zero Hour\Data\INI\Object\AmericaAir.ini

I got the price change to work in Generals with the Ranger but i dont know why i wont work in Zero hour

Edited by user Friday, March 27, 2015 3:58:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: add more info

Sponsor
Offline CommieDog  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 1:29:06 AM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Can you provide the full path of the INI file with the Aurora's price change?
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
Offline cymun111  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 11:11:34 PM(UTC)
cymun111
Private
Chile

I am so confused
When i first installed (the first decade, generals and zero hour) I modded generals.
I was able to give the sniper rifle to the ranger and give the c-4 ability to the ranger and it all worked perfectly.
Then i tried to do the same with zero hour and nothing so i uninstalled and reinstalled then i tried to change the price on the ranger in generals from 225 to 100 and nothing so i uninstalled and reinstalled, when i reinstalled i played the game and the ranger was at $100 without doing anything
I realized that the ini files are not uninstalled with the game but, why did it work after unintalling and reinstalling but not before, now i changed it to 500 to see what would happen and it worked so i tried to give the sniper rifle to the ranger again and nothing happend, with that same .ini files.

I am so confused can someone please tell me what is going on why is the FactionUnit.ini working and the weapon.ini is not, I made the exact same change as before when it did work.
so I uninstalled and reinstalled and this time i Deleted the EA directory before reinstalling so there would be no ini files from the last install then i extracted the INI.big to

C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer(tm) Generals\Data

and tried to change the price of the ranger to 100 agian and nothing happend, so i removed the original INI.big from the directory and tried and nothing still at $225. where the heck is the game even getting that number from, the only .ini file in the directory (FactionUnit.ini) says that the price is $100 i checked it many times an still the price in game is $225

Can someone who knows everything about modding please PLEASE help me? I am completely lost as to why the price is not changing

Thank you and sry for the long post

ok i just removed all I mean ALL .ini files from DATA and the INI.big file from the directory and the game still works like nothing happend!!!!! What kind of paranormal activity is this, where the heck is the game even getting the info for anything? Please someone explain to me what is going on.

Edited by user Friday, March 27, 2015 11:28:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: more info

Offline Annihilationzh  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 2:31:07 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
This reminds me of Vista's UAC bugs.

What operating system and antivirus are you using?
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline cymun111  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 8:07:27 AM(UTC)
cymun111
Private
Chile

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate and I am not using an antivirus
Offline Gameanater  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 10:18:30 AM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
I think I see the problem.

You need a folder named "Object" inside the folder named "INI" if you're modifying objects.

Make that folder then try putting your Aurora with a new price tag in there. Wink

At least that's how it works for me.
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
thanks 1 user thanked Gameanater for this useful post.
CommieDog on 3/28/2015(UTC)