Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<7891011>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gameanater  
#161 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:55:05 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Originally Posted by: V Go to Quoted Post
Don't the faster units like Humvees, Terrorists, Hero Units, and Technicals vastly outrun the Inferno Cannon's weapon?

Not enough fast units in-game to make that not overpowered.

AllAreInPeril

I thought his name was AlwaysBeingAwesome?

Quote:
-Mortar Combatants retain the $500 price tag, but their weapons instead have two-thirds the firepower of an Inferno Cannon and require twice as many projectiles to cause a firestorm

And still is. That needs either a higher price tag, or reduced range.

Ehh...

I'll change that if someone else (AlwaysHidingHisVisits) says it's still overpowered.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:55:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed Quote tags

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline Annihilationzh  
#162 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 7:29:18 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gameanater Go to Quoted Post
AllAreInPeril

I thought his name was AlwaysBeingAwesome?

I thought his name had more than just a leading A.

AlwaysHidingHisVisits

Hey, if you had people stalking your profile all the time, you'd hide your visits too Nameagater.

I'll change that if someone else (AlwaysHidingHisVisits) says it's still overpowered.

Roughly 20 less range is a necessity to prevent it from countering artillery and to make it a bit more vulnerable to counter attack.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline Gameanater  
#163 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 7:44:59 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Originally Posted by: Annihilationzh Go to Quoted Post
I thought his name had more than just a leading A.

You're right, AllAreDoomedinZH. Tongue

AlwaysHidingHisVisits

Hey, if you had people stalking your profile all the time, you'd hide your visits too Nameagater.

How can you tell when someone is stalking your profile, ZHAnnihilation? Tongue

Roughly 20 less range is a necessity to prevent it from countering artillery and to make it a bit more vulnerable to counter attack.

Alright. Good point.

Also, I did call for your opinion in something else... Tongue

UserPostedImage
-Mortar Combatants retain the $500 price tag, but their weapons instead have two-thirds the firepower of an Inferno Cannon, require twice as many projectiles to cause a firestorm, and have slightly less range (20 less to be exact)
-Mortar Combatants can also target aircraft, somehow. Previously, the only counters to aircraft she had were the weak Tank Hunters and more expensive Gattling Tanks and Gattling Cannons. She was very powerful against medium-slow speed ground forces but none of her long-range units could target aircraft, and were thus very easy to kill for any USA or China enemies that would use aircraft. Mortar Combatants’ projectiles, however, can actually be shot down by Granger laser defenses and Avengers, and are effected by ECM Tank redirection.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 13, 2015 8:19:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Typo

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline Annihilationzh  
#164 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 8:09:34 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Over the years, many grumpy newbies have complained that I didn't respond when I was online. Some even went to far as to send me grumpy PMs.

Ah yes, I keep forgetting I'm a slave to your every whim. :p

-Mortar Combatants can also target aircraft, somehow. Previously, the only counters to aircraft she had were the weak Tank Hunters and more expensive Gattling Tanks and Gattling Cannons. She was very powerful against medium-slow speed ground forces but non of her long-range units could target aircraft, and were thus very easy to kill for any USA or China enemies that would use aircraft. Mortar Combatants’ projectiles, however, can actually be shot down by Granger laser defenses and Avengers, and are effected by ECM Tank redirection.

This would really struggle against airforce general and would be overpowered against USA and China. This unit really needs to be weak against air units for balancing. If you're worried about air, you should probably invent a new AA unit for this general.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline Gameanater  
#165 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2015 8:18:15 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Over the years, many grumpy newbies have complained that I didn't respond when I was online. Some even went to far as to send me grumpy PMs.

They're just rude.
But now I understand.
So I SHOULD stop typing.
But I can't.
For some reason.
I also can't get your name right. xD

Ah yes, I keep forgetting I'm a slave to your every whim. :p

lol Tongue
I just wanted to know if you thought the Trevor and Lotus gens were ok

This would really struggle against airforce general and would be overpowered against USA and China. This unit really needs to be weak against air units for balancing. If you're worried about air, you should probably invent a new AA unit for this general.

Yeah, you're right. That's probably the best course of action.
I'll see what my shallow imagination can think up... Maybe re-think the ECM Tank as some kind of China copycat Avenger.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 13, 2015 8:20:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Typo

Offline Gameanater  
#166 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 5:44:41 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

---------------- WARNING!!! LOTS OF READING AHEAD!!! -----------------------

Alrighty then, this should be an interesting general.
Ever heard of Metal Slug? The primary enemies are Nazi look-alikes lead by Donald Morden, who bears an uncanny resemblance to Saddam Hussein. They’re not actually Nazi’s, even in the Japanese version, but they’re meant to look as much as possible like Nazi’s as far as the dev’s can get away with. For example, their logo comes across as a poorly-censored Nazi Swastika. Anyway, here’s my best attempt at a Zero Hour style Metal Slug Rebel Army General…
-
-
-
Metal Slug Rebellion Army General
Donald Morden

INFANTRY AND UPGRADES FOR INFANTRY:

-All Infantry can Horde

-Unless specified, all infantry have a very low HP (75% of a GLA Rebel, meaning they HAVE to be in squads to do good damage), and move at the speed of a Pathfinder.
UserPostedImage
-Fanatic
Costs $100. The cheapest and arguably most suicidal combat unit in the entire game, even more so then the GLA Terrorist. Takes very little time to train. Their only attack is to run up to their target and slice it with a big knife. This is obviously completely suicidal against vehicles, so instead with vehicles they will attempt to jump on top and smash it with a hammer to damage it, before jumping back off. Like a Terrorist, they can create car bombs. They also are the only early-game unit that can be used to capture buildings.
UserPostedImage
-Grenadier
Costs $300. They throw grenades very quickly, which will clear out buildings (this is Morden’s only way to do so) and are damaging to both vehicles and infantry, although they will very likely miss moving infantrymen.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
-Minelayer
Costs $400. Can plant a large amount of Chinese mines, with a 20 second cool-down time. He can upgraded individually for $700 to plant Neutron Mines.
-Neutron Minelayer: See above. Like Bomb Trucks with Bio/High-Explosive Bombs, this is purchased individually on each Minelayer’s commandset.
UserPostedImage
-Missile Dude
Costs $250, making him the cheapest missile infantry in-game. He has the damage output of a Tank Hunter, but like the other Rebel infantry he has little HP and dies from less shots than other factions..
UserPostedImage
-Rifleman
Costs $500. Very close to a Pathfinder, but one that is more squishy and takes longer between shots. He is stealthed while shooting and stationary, but not while moving. His rifle is incredibly unreliable and jams after literally every shot, meaning he kills enemy infantry slower than the Pathfinder. He will detect stealth units, but also has a shorter range than a Pathfinder (the same as Jarmen Kell’s weapon). Unlike the other snipers, however, he does decent light damage to vehicles (other snipers can’t attack them at all)
UserPostedImage
-Mortar Soldier
Costs $500. Due to mortar he has to move around in battle, he moves only as fast as a Red Guard as opposed to Pathfinder speed. He attacks with the Firebase weapon.
UserPostedImage
-Firework Lawnchair—I mean Launcher
Requires Battle Lab, costs $400. He lights and throws fireworks in rapid succession. While unlike in Metal Slug, the rockets can actually be destroyed, they have a huge advantage in that it takes TWO Avenger laser-defense hits to destroy them. He can target both ground and air.
UserPostedImage
-Shield Soldier
Requires Battle Lab, Costs $150. He is equipped with a shield that protects him well from bullets and (somehow) prevents him from being run over by vehicles, but that can be easily blown away by missiles and tank shells. Since in a 3D RTS game having a riot shield won’t do much good to anyone around him, he instead provides a Propaganda boost to fellow units. At first, attacks on him will only affect his shield. After his shield is blown away, he will briefly panic and then revert to a Fanatic infantryman. While he has his shield, he attacks in two ways. The first is with a pistol that is essentially identical to a Red Guard gun except that he can somehow hit aircraft with it (for very little damage), the second is with a machete that instantly kills infantry but that cannot target vehicles. He can switch between the pistol and machete with command buttons and is stealthed while equipped (but not actively using) the machete. He cannot capture buildings until he is reverted to a Fanatic.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
-Amadeus Syndicate Trooper
Requires Battle Lab, costs $225. The elite version of a Rebel soldier, on loan from the allied Amadeus Syndicate. Equipped with a stolen Heavy Machine gun that has a seemingly bottomless magazine (it has the same firepower as a Combat Bike Rebel weapon), and has Ranger-equivalent armor. Can capture buildings, target both ground and air units, and climb cliffs.
UserPostedImage
Allen O’Neil
His Hero infantry! Requires Battle Lab, costs $1500. He has three times as much health as a Colonel Burton, can throw maraca grenades to clear out buildings and scatter vehicles, and attacks with a fully salvaged Quad Cannon gun for ground and air. He moves very quickly and can climb cliffs, but he is not stealthed. He detects stealth units. Only one of him can exist on the field.
UserPostedImage
-Gattling Gunner
Requires Battle Lab, Costs $900. He is equipped with the Overlord's Gattling weapon.

VEHICLES AND VEHICLE UPGRADES:

-Supply Truck
Costs $600. Brings in the same amount of supplies as a Chinese Supply Truck, but can transport up to five infantry into battle. It has decently tough armor for this.

-Light Tank (I forgot the actual name :( )
Costs $600. A simple tank that fires three tank shells per “clip”. Once destroyed, a Missile Dude will spawn. It is equivalent to a Scorpion in terms of armor and damage output (per shell, obviously). Can upgrade with Composite Armor. Can Horde.

-Grida-O (Green)
Costs $700. Fires three large round tank shells that cause a scattering effect, but have the same damage output as a Scorpion per shell. They have the same health as a Battlemaster and can upgrade with Composite Armor. Unlike the Light Tank, it cannot Horde.

-Grida-O (Black)
Requires General’s Point, Costs $800. The big brother of the standard Grida-O, with Paladin armor and the damage output per shell of a Crusader. Even better is that this version can target aircraft (again, it doesn’t make sense but it works), and CAN’T be countered by laser defenses. Can upgrade with Composite Armor. However, it still cannot Horde.

-M48 Bradley (I’m pretty sure I got the number part wrong, so please correct me if I did)
Requires Battlelab. Costs $1000. What the Rocket Buggy does for the GLA, The Bradley does for the Rebel Army. It is outright devastating when it attacks, but moves as slow as an Overlord. It fires several rounds of missiles that each do two-thirds the damage of a Tomahawk individually. It can be made even deadly by the “Bradley Slug” upgrade. It has far better armor than most of the Rebel Army’s vehicles.
-Bradley Slug upgrade
Purchased at the Battle Lab, costs $1000. Every Bradley receives a Vulcan Cannon attached to its side, making them effective anti-infantry and anti-air. The damage output is between an unsalvaged and first salvaged Quad Cannon gun.

-Spike Tank (again, forgot the actual name)
Costs $800. A tank that has four spikes on its front to skewer infantry and damage vehicles. Crusader-level armor. It attacks by firing 5 missiles that can target ground and air, they have the same damage as a Missile Defender’s weapon. Hordes.
-Battlecycle
Costs $500. A man rides a WWII German motorcycle while a Missile Dude rides in the passenger attachment. Like Combat Cycles, the passenger can be exchanged for any other infantry, which changes the weapon used. (Fanatics throw their knives, Shield’s use their pistols, Missiles fire missiles, Fireworks use Fireworks, Riflemen use their rifles, and Amadeus guys use their Heavy Machine Guns.) When destroyed, the passenger and driver will die in a flaming death.

-Rebel Mech
Requires Battle Lab, Costs $1000. A cute little mech that starts with a simple Combat Cycle machine gun that can be changed depending on who’s riding. A Fanatic will use the Combat Cycle gun, a Rifleman a Jarmen Kell sniper weapon that can empty vehicles (but will not be stealthed), a Missile Dude uses a Rawkit Lawnchair, a Mortar Man uses a regular-napalm Inferno Cannon weapon, a grenadier grenades, and Amadeus the Quad Cannon salvage level 2 weapon. It boasts strong Paladin armor, but will kill its user when destroyed.
-Ejection Training upgrade
Costs $800, purchased at the Battle Lab. After this upgrade, the Rebel Mech will not kill its user when destroyed, they will eject safely. Also, the Battlecycle will no longer kill its passenger and the driver will survive as a Fanatic infantryman.

-APC
Costs $1000. It has no defenses and doesn’t move very fast, but it carries 8 infantry that heal while inside it and boasts Overlord armor. The infantry cannot fire out and must exit the vehicle to attack. Comes preloaded with 8 Missile Dudes.

-Artillery Tank
Costs $1000. It fires rainbow projectiles at long range that does Tomahawk Damage. However, it has the endurance of a Scorpion tank.

(Unfortunately, the weird tank that sends rolling explosive balls out at the player wouldn’t work very well in Zero Hour, so it’s been omitted.)

AIRCRAFT AND AIRCRAFT UPGRADES:

-Assault Helicopter
Costs $1300. A simple helicopter that fires a Gattling Cannon. It has very tough armor but has no special abilities. Can upgrade with Countermeasures.

-Bomber Plane (Green)
Costs $1200. Launches a Scorpion rocket at its enemies that can target aircraft. Reloads in the air. King Raptor armor. Can upgrade with Countermeasures.

-Bomber Plane (Gray)
Costs $1500 and a General's Point. Detects stealthed units and fires its missiles with a faster reload. Boasts Aroura Bomber armor. Reloads in the air. Can upgrade with Countermeasures.

-Heavy Assault Chinook
Requires Battle Lab, Costs $1700. The prototype Chinook-like-thingy from the second level of the first Metal Slug and the final level of Metal Slug 3! It can lay down Chinese mines, and attacks with Rocket Buggy rockets plus a standard Quad Cannon gun for ground and air. Carries 7 infantry, and all of Morden’s infantry can rappel out. Can be upgraded with Countermeasures and Buggy Ammo. Detects stealth units.

-Morden’s Combat Chinook
This has nothing to do with Granger’s Combat Chinook.
Morden has a Hero aircraft, with a robot version of himself onboard with a Rawkit Lawnchair! Requires Battle Lab and costs $1900. The Chinook uses a Specter Gunship’s Gattling Cannon, fires missiles like a Rocket Buggy, and the fake Morden will fire Missile Defender missiles, even at small rockets. The chinook is also cloaked unless attacking, and detects stealth units. It can also carry 8 infantry and rappel them out. Only one can exist at once. Has twice as much health as Chinook. Can upgrade with Countermeasures.

-Countermeasures
Same cost and effects as the USA version.

-Bomber Armor
Costs $1000. Akin to the Mig Armor for China. Both versions of the Bomber Planes will receive a 25% health boost.

-Pilot Training
Costs $1000. All aircraft pilots will eject as a USA Pilot upon death provided they have at least one level of veterancy.

BUILDINGS:

-Command Center
Builds dozers, which cost and move exactly the same as the USA version. Can upgrade with a radar for $1000.

-Power Generator
Costs $600. It is smaller than a Cold Fusion Reactor and only provides 4 units of power.
-Barracks

Costs $500. It looks a lot like a GDI Barracks of early CnC days. Three shirtless, relaxing Rebel infantry lean back on lawn chairs in front of the building. Two of them sip sodas while the third reads a newspaper. They will actually die if the Barracks takes enough damage, giving the enemy some veterancy.

-Supply Center
Requires Power Generator and 1 point of power.
Costs $1500. It’s a little building with tents around it and supplies in boxes.

-War Factory
Requires Power Generator and 1 point of power.
Costs $2000. It shamelessly rips off the design of the CnC GDI War Factory, except of course with the Rebel Army emblem. It makes everything except for the Supply Truck.

-Battle Lab
Requires Power Generator, War Factory or Airfield, and a Power Generator and 2 points of power. Costs $2000. It provides the Spying and Spy Satellite abilities of the USA for Morden and his upgrades. A total copy of the Red Alert 2 Allied Battle Lab.

-Airfield
Requires Power Generator and 1 point of power. Costs $1000. It builds aircraft and supplies him with the aircraft’s upgrades. Strangely, this “Airfield” is just a tent with a helipad next to it.

-Oil Derrick
It’s a civilian Oil Derrick made buildable, for the most part. It requires a Power Generator and a Battle lab, plus one point of power. Costs $2500. It just sits there and generates the same amount of money as a civilian Oil Derrick. Obviously, it looks like a civilian Oil Derrick.

----------------- Base Defenses------------------

-Scrapyard Tank
Requires a Barracks, does not require power. Costs $700. It’s a decent defense that is a wreaked tank’s remains and has a guy manning it (that won’t get killed). He will kick it and fire a Scorpion rocket at whatever comes its way. Detects stealth units.

-Scrap Tower
Requires a Barracks, does not require power. Costs $800. It’s a tower composed of junk that’s been hastily mashed together to form a garrisonable building. It has a Missile Dude that will always stand guard on the balcony and can be garrisoned by 7 infantry, who can fire out. Does not detect stealth units, however.
---------------- Superweapon ------------------
UserPostedImage
-Thunderclouder
Requires a Power Generator, a Battle Lab, and 10 points of power. Costs $4500. It takes the Thundercloud weapon of Metal Slug 3 and turns it into a decent superweapon. It’s basically an Allied Weather Control Device from Red Alert 2/Yuri’s Revenge.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 14, 2015 7:22:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added gifs for the infantry. I will add more later.

thanks 1 user thanked Gameanater for this useful post.
AMGIntermission on 8/22/2015(UTC)
Offline Annihilationzh  
#167 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 8:37:40 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

I just wanted to know if you thought the Trevor and Lotus gens were ok

The changes list is too long for me to easily consider.

I find a simple rule of balancing is:

Range x 2 = Cost x 4
HP x 2 = Cost x 1.42
Damage x 2 = Cost x 1.42

Veterancy requirements also need to be increased similarly.

thanks 1 user thanked Annihilationzh for this useful post.
Gameanater on 1/15/2015(UTC)
Offline Hell Warrior  
#168 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 2:00:03 PM(UTC)
Hell Warrior
Private

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
May you, annihilationzh,kindly bestow upon us the mathematical logic you employed when creating these precise numbers? I'd be really interested.
Feel free (although you probably don't want to) to view my short vidoes displayig the awesomeness of each of the 9 zero hour generals!) Like comment and share if you like them! (I doubt it heheheh)
Airforce: http://youtu.be/0f-oucFRGLo
Laser: http://youtu.be/DvXtqaZfihs
Superweapon: http://youtu.be/BR4OAVuh968
More to come soon? :)
This is Chaos Warrior's new account.
thanks 1 user thanked Hell Warrior for this useful post.
Gameanater on 1/15/2015(UTC)
Offline Gameanater  
#169 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 7:24:49 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

The changes list is too long for me to easily consider.

Make some British tea, kick your feet back, and read the list... xD
No seriously, I want to see you do that. I'd almost pay to see you kick your feet back and take a cup of tea. lol

Quote:
I find a simple rule of balancing is:

Range x 2 = Cost x 4
HP x 2 = Cost x 1.42
Damage x 2 = Cost x 1.42

Veterancy requirements also need to be increased similarly.

Quote:

May you, annihilationzh,kindly bestow upon us the mathematical logic you employed when creating these precise numbers? I'd be really interested.

What he Said. ^^^ :P
Offline Gameanater  
#170 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 7:42:59 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Here's a new one. And unlike Morden, it's a mod of a vanilla general.

GLA General's Abilities General

-Prince Kassad's GPS Scrambler, available earlier like him and can GPS Scramble more often like him.

-Starts with Technical Training, Marauders, and SCUD Launchers

-Rebel Ambush creates twice as many Rebels than before at each level

-Terror Cell General's Ability: Spawns 7 Terrorists. Available as a 3-Star General.

-Starts with all levels of Emergency Repair

-Anthrax Bomb is accompanied by a Carpet Bomber. The Carpet Bomber is identical to a Chinese Carpet Bomber

-Sneak Attack Tunnel is equipped with a Tunnel Network machine gun and is available at one point earlier. It also does not cause a "Warning: Sneak Attack detected" message to enemies.

-Cash Bounty gives twice as much cash per kill at each level

-ALL General's Abilities that have a countdown timer receive a one-third reduction on how long it takes to recharge after firing.

-Can gain one more promotion than other generals

Now for his cons.

-Scorpion Tank unavailable

-All infantry, minus the Worker, cost $100 more

-Cannot upgrade with Anthrax Beta

-Rocket Buggies cannot be upgraded with more buggy ammo, now

-All vehicles cost $100 more

-No Camo Netting

-Angry Mob, Battle Bus, and Combat Cycles are not available

-Booby Trap unavailable

-SCUD Storm costs $1000 more
Offline Annihilationzh  
#171 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2015 11:54:40 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

No seriously, I want to see you do that. I'd almost pay to see you kick your feet back and take a cup of tea. lol

You're not allowed to make racist stereotypes against British people because you're American. :P

Originally Posted by: Hell Warrior Go to Quoted Post

The range cost is based on square law. If you double your range, you can shoot things in an area four times larger than before.

1.42 is roughly the square root of two. So if you double HP and damage, you get double cost as well. This doesn't work massively well in practise, but it's decent enough for a guideline.

Offline jfftjlv12345  
#172 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 12:40:17 AM(UTC)
jfftjlv12345
Captain
Philippines

Originally Posted by: jfftjlv12345 Go to Quoted Post
Alright, here's the overall overview..... with a new edition!

General Robert Wilkes, USA Hi-Tech and Energy Weapon General
Branch: USA
Stationed: Has many stations around the world. Most notable are in the US, Europe, Iraq, and Japan.
Tactical Overview: Superior Technology
Availability: Skirmish, Generals Challenge, Online

Formerly a subordinate under General Townes, General Wilkes has always been fond of high-tech weaponry. However, seeing the weaknesses of General Townes's weaponry at the time, General Wilkes started to learn from his superior's mistakes. After a while, he shifted his job to General Alexander's. However, the same things happened. He included the brand-new plasma weaponry which can take out masses of infantry, new Positron weaponry, and enhanced laser and Particle Cannon technology. He was also formerly an Avenger operator, taking out masses of aircraft while designating targets for other units. However, by the time of President Bradford, all his projects were shut down, including his Peer tank prototype. This infuriated him, since seeing the President as not allowing his new toys to battle. However, by the year 2065, all his new projects were recommissioned, now once again approved under a different president.

He has a decent army in both land and air.

As a general, General Wilkes has been always using more advanced weapons, not to mention his energy weapons, drone bombers, and orbital strikes. He also has a good defense, good enough in neutralizing heavy attacks. His main weakness, however, is power dependency, leaving his Orbital Artillery and tanks powerless if power is left unchecked.

Info:

All aircraft have PDLs.
All vehicles(including drones) can hover over water by default.

Regulars(They are armed with plasma machine guns to attack both ground and air. Uses flashbangs to clear buildings.))=300
Designated Marksmen(They are armed with semiauto lasers, can target designate, and call orbital strikes when upgraded.)=450
Hunter(Basically a pathfinder with a railgun and fully stealthed.)=550
Laser Burton(You want the best, here I am... with laser.)=1350
EMP Missile Defender(Stops and damages vehcles and destroys aircraft.)=325
Jetpack Trooper(Flies and uses plasma machineguns and laser cannons.)=600
Advanced Officer=700
Medic=300
Positron Cannon Trooper(yes, uses powerful Energy Tank shell to kill)=700

Positron Crusaders=1000
Laser Paladins=1150
Railgun Artillery(you ever heard of Townes' one in ShW?)=1750
Orbital Strike Artillery(pretty much the Athena Cannon)=1850
Laser Humvee=600
Advanced Ambulance=450
Plasma Tomahawk=1100
Mammoth Tank Mark IV(PDL, 2 positron cannons, 2 AA plasma missile launchers, can hover, upgradeable by deflector shields)=2250
Super APC(carries 10 soldiers at once)=800
Repair Tank= 750
Reaper Stealth Tank=1000
Laser Tank(Same as Townes')=700
Advanced Sentry Drone=550
Advanced Avenger=1400
Positron Humvee= 750
Advanced Microwave Tank= 750
The Peer Tank, an experimental heavy tank that is armed with 2 super heavy positron cannons, has a PDL and AA laser, has plasma missile pods, can hover over water, has nanobots to repair itself and other vehicles around its vicinity, can upgrade to Dual Heavy Particle Cannons and Dual Solar Cannons. Has modular weapons as well, such as Mobile Bunker, Pulse cannons to attack infantry and aircraft, and a missile jammer. However, can only be built once in the field, and costs 10000.(The same in Create your unit)

Laser Comanche=1350
King Raptor Mark II(Has PDL and has 10 missiles, can deploy countermeasures more often.)=1250
Banshee Fighter(uses laser cannons and plasma missiles)=1500
Laser Stealth Prototype Fighter(yeah, a prototype, a new model)=1750
Orca(can bring 5 soldiers and has fireports, armed with Plasma bombs and plasma machineguns)=1800
Plasma Aurora Bomber=2000
2037 Drone Bomber(Unmanned and fast drone bomber)=1000
Plasma Nighthawk(drops plasma missiles)=1500
ETA 2 interceptor(like the Star Wars one, armed with lasers)=1400

Research Center=2250
Advanced Laser Turret=1250
Advanced War Factory=2000
Advanced Air Field=1000
Laser Designator Base(same as one in Shockwave)=800
Railgun Turret=1250
Advanced Cold Fusion reactor=650
Plasma Patriot=1000
EMP Patriot=1000
Advanced Laser Uplink Cannon(superweapon)=3000

Deflector Shields(all units will receive 25% less damage.)=1000
Advanced PDLs=2000
Orbital Strike Designation=1400
Focusing Crystals=2500
High Heat Weaponry=2500
Focused Railguns=2500
Laser Gun(for Sentry Drone)=400
Advanced Control Rods Upgrade=250

Orbital Strike Atrillery at 1-star , 1 point
Advanced Spy Drone 1-star, 1 point

Advanced Emergency Repair(1-star to 3-star)1 point per level, up to Level 3
Positron Bomber Strike(Carpet bombs the area with a 2018 concept bomber and leaves fire traces, drops twice simultaneously), 3-star, 1 point,once only
Advanced Specter Gunship(bombards area with plasma projectiles and lasers, burning the area,up to Level 3)at 3-star, 1 point per level
Space Laser Strike- Bombard the area with 40 lasers from space. Rank 3 and levels only once.
2037 Bomber Strike(bombards the area with plasma projectiles and plasma missiles, burning the area afterwards, much like a mix of A-10s and napalm strikes), up to Level 3, 3-star, 1 point per level
Advanced Paradrop(Paradrops a group of Regulars, Marksmen, EMP Missile Defenders, and Laser Humvees at a location. Up to Level 3)
3-star, 1 point per level.

RKV Strike replaces Fuel Air Bomb(A tungsten rod falls out from space, dealing massive damage over a large area,)at 5-star, 1 point
Advanced EMP bomb strike(A 2018 concept bomber drops 2 EMP bombs, disabling everything including infantry),5-star, 1-point

A repost of the old one, to be more elaborate.

Wait......Plasma-based weapons(the Regulars instead have Plasma Grenades) can clear out buildings.
I really expected someone to say this is OP. However, his true cons are prices and power.
Offline jfftjlv12345  
#173 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 12:50:21 AM(UTC)
jfftjlv12345
Captain
Philippines

To Gameanater,also, why can't you make some AA which gun is like Spectre Gunship's? Or anything that is cannon-based? Or long range(like Grumble or Chaparral)?

Edited by user Friday, January 16, 2015 12:51:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline jfftjlv12345  
#174 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 1:04:10 AM(UTC)
jfftjlv12345
Captain
Philippines

You're not allowed to make racist stereotypes against British people because you're American. :P

Originally Posted by: Hell Warrior Go to Quoted Post

The range cost is based on square law. If you double your range, you can shoot things in an area four times larger than before.

1.42 is roughly the square root of two. So if you double HP and damage, you get double cost as well. This doesn't work massively well in practise, but it's decent enough for a guideline.

Regardless, it would be a nice idea of the mod we are going to make.
Offline Annihilationzh  
#175 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 3:22:13 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

I really expected someone to say this is OP. However, his true cons are prices and power.

I didn't say anything because overpowered is an understatement. I assumed you must be going for an over the top boss general.

Offline Gameanater  
#176 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 6:31:15 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

You're not allowed to make cheesy stereotypes of British people just because you're American. :P

To Gameanater,also, why can't you make some AA which gun is like Spectre Gunship's? Or anything that is cannon-based? Or long range(like Grumble or Chaparral)?

Which of my generals is this for? Trevor? Feng? Lotus?

I'm guessing it's for Morden?

Edited by user Friday, January 16, 2015 6:32:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added SPOILER tags. The picture's so big.

Offline Annihilationzh  
#177 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 10:51:02 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

I think it's AA for the artillery general.

It sounds to me like you need to sit back, relax, eat a dozen burgers and invade a country. You know, a normal American meal.

thanks 1 user thanked Annihilationzh for this useful post.
Gameanater on 10/30/2018(UTC)
Offline Gameanater  
#178 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2015 12:13:42 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

I think it's AA for the artillery general.

It sounds to me like you need to sit back, relax, eat a dozen burgers and invade a country. You know, a normal American meal.

Maybe. Or AA for Anti-Air.

Actually, I LOVE burgers. xD

USA FORCES, ATTAACK!!

(Disclaimer: I do not endorse President Barrack Obama or his actions. The picture just seemed to fit for a "Watch me" caption.)
Offline Tank Destroyer  
#179 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2015 1:38:26 PM(UTC)
Tank Destroyer
Captain
Philippines

General - Alfred "Boom"
This general is all about BOOM all of his units has the capability to bring serious damage to many units all at once.
Improvements -
Boom Raptor - Can fire small tactical nukes,is faster and more agile,also has improved PDL(Point Defense Laser),but is very vulnerable(weaker health).Cost 1800

Queen Raptor - Like the King Raptor it has a PDL,but the PDL is a little weaker,its stealth it has 8 Missiles,can also detect stealth units.Cost 1500

"Vanquisher" Tanks - This super tanks utilizes the new Railgun technology it can attack ground and air units,its new Railgun weapon can instantly destroy anything,but takes alot of time to reload and its power dependent(means if you have "low power" then they cant shoot),very slow movement.Cost 2200

Plasma Tank - Uses Plasma weapons,melts anything,destroys anything,but like the Vanquisher its also power dependent,sacrifices armor for alot of firepower.Cost 2500

New Super weapons -
Ion Blast - like a Nuke but alot more powerful,the ion blast would instantly melt infantry,destroy vehicles and disable all buildings in the target area.But takes time to reload,and also consumes alot of power(30).Cost 6000

Currently learning how to create 3D models with GMAX so that I can make my C&C Generals Zero Hour mod even more better. :)
Offline V  
#180 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2015 8:32:23 PM(UTC)
V
Captain

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Nice general, Tank Destroyer. Thumb Up

Gameanater, I like your Metal Slug general idea, it's a pretty cool translation from side-scrolling shoot-em-up to RTS. Although I do think some of those vehicles should have a higher price tag to prevent them from being too powerful for their price.

As for Trevor, Feng, and Lotus, all them are really good.

If you want Feng to have an Avenger-like anti-air, I would make the ECM Tank disable aircraft. Very useful since it already has the longer range. Also change the price increase $200 to either $100 or don't change its price.
The mind is quicker than the eye.