Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Poll Question : who is your favorite general?
Choice Votes Statistics
  General Townes (laser) US army
12 %
  General Alexander (super weapons) US marines
17 %
  General Granger (air force) US air force
16 %
  General Juhziz (explosives) GLA scorpion cell
8 %
  Prince Kassad (stealth) GLA cobra cell
8 %
  Dr.Thrax (toxins)
6 %
  General Tao (nuclear weapons) PLA branch
11 %
  General Kwai (tanks) PLA branch
7 %
  General Fai (infantry) PLA branch
11 %
  Total 109 100%
Guests can't vote. Try login or register.
8 Pages«<5678>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Teancum13  
#121 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:40:52 AM(UTC)
Teancum13
Private

I do demolitions. I like to do the GLA Rebel Ambush, in the middle of the enemy base, (Usually around a super weapon), and then I make them all commit suicide! They usually get rid of any super weapon.
Offline zero hour mad map maker  
#122 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 6:18:13 AM(UTC)
zero hour mad map maker
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Canada

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Dr. Thrax is my favorite! He's very funny and he has anthrax gamma and all those things.
Ready for Anything! --- C&C Labs Staff , Maps Staff , Moderator
Offline AMGIntermission  
#123 Posted : Sunday, June 22, 2014 10:19:33 AM(UTC)
AMGIntermission
Major

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Super Weapons General is always my fav, since very long ago.....

Predetermined Alpha Blast radius! Locked in......
UserPostedImage
Offline V  
#124 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2014 6:48:21 PM(UTC)
V
Captain

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Mr. Tao is my favorite. I already like the Chinese faction because of how I am able to swarm my enemy if I can get a good economy going, and Mr. Tao has the least amount of things removed from his army.
The mind is quicker than the eye.
Offline Chaos Warrior  
#125 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2014 6:15:26 AM(UTC)
Chaos Warrior
Private

Technically, each general has his strengths and weaknesses. Over here, I shall post a brief analysis of the play style of each:

USAF: King Raptors with lasers can each deflect the worth of one firing patriot missile, making base invasion on a turtle easy, they also have high damage, awesome reload, and low prices, making them convenient as a main force. Carpet bomb ability without even getting a promotion can be decapitating. However, a mass of quad cannons takes him down, as he has no heavy tanks to counter. His AI is strong if given time, but poor during the early game without a stable economy.
Rating: 8

USSW: Particle cannon reduction cost makes it easier to obtain them, and her EMPs can shut down tanks, however she lacks a main tank force, and can easily be ousted by a rusher. Her EMPs have low damage, and leave no rangers. Her AI, to the new player, is overwhelming, but not to difficult against a seasoned player.
Rating: 7

USLG: Although this general does not boast many changes, he does, in my opinion, have the best defense system in the game.It can target air force, infantry, and tanks with ease, and can even shoot down SCUD and tomahawk missiles, and then target the vehicles firing long-range-projectiles. His tanks are excellent, but shut down when there is no power source. Invading him is extremely difficult if he employs proper defense. He has an average, slow AI.
Rating: 8.5

CIG: This is a very tactical general,since he lacks a main tank battle-force, missing out on all mighty overlord. His helixes, troop crawlers, and assault outposts pack a punch, and his mini-gunners can raze airforce with absolutely no difficulty. His bunker is extremely durable, and can survive a particle beam in motion. However, he lacks firepower and armor to challenge other generals sometimes. He is excellent during early game. His AI is capable, but stands little chance versus the others due to poor infantry management.

CNG: Although seemingly like super weapon, he has a tank force, as well as enhanced power. His fast tanks that leave radiation, explosive migs, and automatic obtaining of nuclear lobs make him one of the most well-rounded generals. His AI is usually extremely strong, especially in late game.
Rating: 8.5

CTG: This general's tanks are capable of ripping apart most arsenals, and when equipped with the faster fire rate upgrade, create a superforce combined with emperor overlords. However, it is difficult for this general to break a tough defense, due to lack of ranged weapons. If given time to grow, an overlord rush can be unstopppable. His AI is the easiest to beat, due to simple strategy of tanking.

GLADG: This general is also extremely well rounded, missing out on no tanks. Also, his scud launchers and scud storm sacrifice toxins for high explosives, a worthy trade. His SCUD storm can eliminate super-weapons with one launch. However, his main weapon is his ability to detonate any unit, rendering workers units that can defend a base, and making his infantry difficult to roll over. A rebel ambush can be critical due to demolitions ability, and can take down almost any building. As with all GLA AI*, he is overpowered.
Rating: 9

GLASG: With invisible bases, this general can be tough to find, however he is easy to beat. He lacks firepower, due to the absence of scorpions, marauders, and SCUD launchers. Attacking him is easy, but annoying due to the strategic possibilities of stealth units. His units are capable of turning the tide of the battles, as he possesses stealthed sabatours (at all times) and when he captures another technology, the combination of stealth, sneak, and tank can prove devastating. His last buildings can be annoying to find, and one will need to force fire defenses sometimes. His AI is good, but does not compare to the other GLA generals.
Rating: 7.5

GLATG: Thrax properly puts use toxins to create a mess on the battlefield, as infantry stands no chance against him. His toxin rebels are more powerful, and can challenge tanks, and even buildings when massed. He is well-rounded, but lacks Demo's explosive touch, making it difficult to wreak havoc with him. Excellent AI can be played, as with all GLA AI's.

I hope this serves as a future reference when determining the best general, although the ratings are from my perspective.

*Due to an unknown cause, GLA AI in zero-hour is extremely buffed up, and can take down any other general on a one vs one no matter which map is utilized.
Offline Commander Ned  
#126 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2014 7:22:04 AM(UTC)
Commander Ned
Private

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
My personal favorite General is Rondal Juhziz, or more commonly known as Demo. First and foremost, unlike his other GLA counterparts, especially Kassad, Juhziz does not leave out any tanks. He has a full arsenal in his arms dealer. This brings us to another point. His motorcycles are already equipped with terrorists. If massed, they could be "slightly problematic", or in another words, make up a devestating attack. Another one of my favorites about Juhziz is that his Palace offers a special upgrade that allows you to detonate ANY unit on the spot. This is especially handy in these three cases:
1. If you want to destroy a superweapon quickly and efficiently, Juhziz is your man. You can use your Rebel Ambush right next to the superweapon, or any other building you want to destroy, and click DETONATE. The rebels' explosion are sure to destroy the targeted building.
2. If your defences are destroyed and you are in bad need of quick defence, Juhziz comes to the rescue. You can order a cheap unit, or the cheapest unit (the Worker), and attack. Place the units in strategic locations between tanks and infrantry and click DETONATE. Note: This tactic is not sure to defend your base and be a sustainable defence method, but will prolong your survival.
3. Finally, if a wisecracking player decides to roll over your infrantry, a small surprise is awaiting. For when the infrantry unit dies, an explosion immediately destroys the tank that was picking on your infrantry. So you can rightfully say: "PICK ON SOMEONE YOUR OWN SIZE."

This explanation on why I prefer Rondal Juhziz is from my perspective and is not meant to change yours.

Edited by user Friday, December 26, 2014 7:24:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Hey! Its Commander Ned here! Check out my videos on YouTube:

USA Gameplay:
!
China Gameplay:

Also check out my topic on C&C Labs Forums » C&C Generals Discussion » C&C Generals and Zero Hour:

Create your Unit!

I wanna get as many responses as possible!

Offline SUPER-G  
#127 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2014 12:03:41 PM(UTC)
SUPER-G
Colonel
Canada

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Commander Ned Go to Quoted Post
My personal favorite General is Rondal Juhziz, or more commonly known as Demo. First and foremost, unlike his other GLA counterparts, especially Kassad, Juhziz does not leave out any tanks. He has a full arsenal in his arms dealer. This brings us to another point. His motorcycles are already equipped with terrorists. If massed, they could be "slightly problematic", or in another words, make up a devestating attack. Another one of my favorites about Juhziz is that his Palace offers a special upgrade that allows you to detonate ANY unit on the spot. This is especially handy in these three cases:
1. If you want to destroy a superweapon quickly and efficiently, Juhziz is your man. You can use your Rebel Ambush right next to the superweapon, or any other building you want to destroy, and click DETONATE. The rebels' explosion are sure to destroy the targeted building.
2. If your defences are destroyed and you are in bad need of quick defence, Juhziz comes to the rescue. You can order a cheap unit, or the cheapest unit (the Worker), and attack. Place the units in strategic locations between tanks and infrantry and click DETONATE. Note: This tactic is not sure to defend your base and be a sustainable defence method, but will prolong your survival.
3. Finally, if a wisecracking player decides to roll over your infrantry, a small surprise is awaiting. For when the infrantry unit dies, an explosion immediately destroys the tank that was picking on your infrantry. So you can rightfully say: "PICK ON SOMEONE YOUR OWN SIZE."

This explanation on why I prefer Rondal Juhziz is from my perspective and is not meant to change yours.

Well said, if i play as any GLA, it's him.

Discord - PK_Soar #9531
PK_Soar #9531

He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in
one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom. - Anton Lavey

Offline Gameanater  
#128 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2014 8:45:54 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
KA-BOOM!
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline menard  
#129 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2014 7:39:36 AM(UTC)
menard
Major
Philippines

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
General Townes Big Smile
Offline Hell Warrior  
#130 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2015 2:13:14 PM(UTC)
Hell Warrior
Private

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Airforce for me...King Raptors can rip any USA and China in 5 minutes, and auroras get to survive after bombing because of lasers.
Feel free (although you probably don't want to) to view my short vidoes displayig the awesomeness of each of the 9 zero hour generals!) Like comment and share if you like them! (I doubt it heheheh)
Airforce: http://youtu.be/0f-oucFRGLo
Laser: http://youtu.be/DvXtqaZfihs
Superweapon: http://youtu.be/BR4OAVuh968
More to come soon? :)
This is Chaos Warrior's new account.
Offline Gameanater  
#131 Posted : Thursday, January 1, 2015 2:21:06 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Originally Posted by: Hell Warrior Go to Quoted Post
Airforce for me...King Raptors can rip any USA and China in 5 minutes, and auroras get to survive after bombing because of lasers.

The problem is that Fai uses a ton of bullet power as opposed to missile power, which, they can defend against against missiles okay but have no defense against Quads and Gattlings.
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline jfftjlv12345  
#132 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2015 8:29:11 PM(UTC)
jfftjlv12345
Captain
Philippines

Very obvious via your portrait.
Offline Gameanater  
#133 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2015 8:32:53 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Originally Posted by: jfftjlv12345 Go to Quoted Post
My personal favorite General is Rondal Juhziz

Very obvious via your portrait.

Tongue Thumb Up
Offline jfftjlv12345  
#134 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2015 8:35:44 PM(UTC)
jfftjlv12345
Captain
Philippines

My three favorite generals in vanilla zh are: Laser, Demo, and Nuke.
Offline Annihilationzh  
#135 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2015 11:19:47 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline Hell Warrior  
#136 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2015 3:42:19 AM(UTC)
Hell Warrior
Private

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gameanater Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Hell Warrior Go to Quoted Post

The problem is that Fai uses a ton of bullet power as opposed to missile power, which, they can defend against against missiles okay but have no defense against Quads and Gattlings.

The reason i like airforce is not because of his raw power. It is due to his playstyle that differs from the other generals. His warfactory doesn't have tanks (bummer unless u like rockvees), and his planes are an arsenal of their own.

Also, i am sure he can safely destroy any USA early game by a kingraptor rush, since they do much damage, and each can deflect up to one patriot battery's payload of missles when fired at it. No nonmissle anti-air exists for the usa before building strategy center (apart from laser turrets which can be taken out by stealth fighters or manuevered by airforce. He can use king raptors to cut he enmy supply lines or harass the dozers.

Vs china, (except infantry)unless the opponent quickly masses gattlig tanks, airforce can be used to destoy dosers before they can build too many warfactories.

I agree, he is helpless against gla, but overall an interesting general to play with in my opinion.
Feel free (although you probably don't want to) to view my short vidoes displayig the awesomeness of each of the 9 zero hour generals!) Like comment and share if you like them! (I doubt it heheheh)
Airforce: http://youtu.be/0f-oucFRGLo
Laser: http://youtu.be/DvXtqaZfihs
Superweapon: http://youtu.be/BR4OAVuh968
More to come soon? :)
This is Chaos Warrior's new account.
Offline Tank Destroyer  
#137 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2015 2:48:30 AM(UTC)
Tank Destroyer
Captain
Philippines

My favorite is the Airforce General,especially now i edited the King Raptors to have Lasers instead of Missiles Big Smile Cool
But when i play a normal game using the Airforce General,my simple strategy when im facing an army of Quads or Gatling tanks is,i usually send out a bait unit first then that will give my Aurora bombers time to destroy those pesky units then i send in my King Raptors to further decimate the base. Wink
Currently learning how to create 3D models with GMAX so that I can make my C&C Generals Zero Hour mod even more better. :)
Offline Annihilationzh  
#138 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2015 3:17:40 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tank Destroyer Go to Quoted Post
My favorite is the Airforce General,especially now i edited the King Raptors to have Lasers instead of Missiles Big Smile Cool
But when i play a normal game using the Airforce General,my simple strategy when im facing an army of Quads or Gatling tanks is,i usually send out a bait unit first then that will give my Aurora bombers time to destroy those pesky units then i send in my King Raptors to further decimate the base. Wink

It sounds to me like you prefer Laser general.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline Tank Destroyer  
#139 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:07:01 AM(UTC)
Tank Destroyer
Captain
Philippines

Originally Posted by: Annihilationzh Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tank Destroyer Go to Quoted Post

It sounds to me like you prefer Laser general.

I like both of them(Airforce and Laser general) but the Airforce general is my favorite(even before i edited the King Raptors to have lasers) though i like King Raptors with lasers its so powerful Cool Big Smile
Currently learning how to create 3D models with GMAX so that I can make my C&C Generals Zero Hour mod even more better. :)
Offline Jeneral Yusuf  
#140 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2015 11:47:59 AM(UTC)
Jeneral Yusuf
Captain
Malaysia

Nuke General...Why?
Because I just loved Nuclear Weopons!
Just look at that beautiful glow!
The bringer of light!
The Mother Of All Weopeons!