Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gameanater  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 3:44:02 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Alright, I've done a TON of modding work today, so... I'ma put out a beta.

This is the beta for Generals Domination, my personal mod to Zero Hour.

Note: Only TWO of the Generals have been modified, so this WILL be a little unbalanced!

Here's some specifics on what I've done:

Misc:

-Blood :)

China Infantry General:

-Added more infantry for Fai, including Rangers and Terrorists

-Beefed up the armor for the Assault Troopr Crawler so it actually works a little better as an assaulting unit.

-Sped up the Attack Outpost.

-Mini-Gunners are now trained two at a time.

-Tank Hunters have received a massive upgrade, they use the Patriot Missile Weapon.

-Decreased build time and cost of the Assault Troop Crawler a little.

-Assault Troop Crawlers now only come with 6 Mini-Gunners, not 8.

-Added an Elite Sniper unit, this guy lays down while firing and fires 4 shots in rapid-fire per magazine.

-Command Center has a unique model (thanks to KlingonDragon).

China Tank General:

-Composet Armor for all tanks, plus the Supply Truck

-Decreased cost of the Battle Master from $700 to $600

-Decreased Battle Master build time by just a little (two seconds.)

-USA Drones for all tanks

-Kwai's Bunker now can hold vehicles in it. NOTE: Dragon Tank is very buggy when placed inside!

-Added Pilots for Kwai. From my experience, attacks from Heroic Battle Masters are now quite common against the AI's!

Hope you enjoy, feel free to offer suggestions and stuff.

HOW TO INSTALL:

Copy the INI Folder to Program Files (x86) > EA Games > Command and Conquer(tm) Generals Zero Hour > Data.

If there already is an INI folder there, replace it with this.

If you have The First Decade, the directory will look like this:

Program Files (x86) > EA Games > Command & Conquer The First Decade > Command and Conquer(tm) Generals Zero Hour > Data.

Edited by user Saturday, October 25, 2014 3:44:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
jcdmodbeta 10-25-2014.zip (748kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
thanks 2 users thanked Gameanater for this useful post.
UTD^Force on 10/26/2014(UTC), CaeDares on 10/29/2014(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline UTD^Force  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 7:22:58 AM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Was thanked: 184 time(s) in 168 post(s)
It looks cool, good job! Thumb Up Thumb Up
I MUST see it today.

EDIT: Where did you put the blood INIs?

Edited by user Sunday, October 26, 2014 8:10:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

Moderator and former map reviewer
CnC Labs
Offline Gameanater  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 1:39:49 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Originally Posted by: UTD^Force Go to Quoted Post
It looks cool, good job! Thumb Up Thumb Up
I MUST see it today.

I think you'll enjoy it! Smile

Originally Posted by: UTD^Force Go to Quoted Post
EDIT: Where did you put the blood INIs?

They are in FXList.ini.

Should of mentioned this, but I actually didn't make the blood effects... I used an existing blood mod as a base.
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline UTD^Force  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 1:42:16 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Did you add the blood for all infantry?
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
Offline Gameanater  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 1:45:12 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

I DIDN'T DO THE BLOOD MYSELF

But yes, all infantry have blood now. In fact, if you use "InfantryDamageFX" on something, it will bleed whether or not it's an infantry guy.
Offline UTD^Force  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 1:48:56 PM(UTC)
UTD^Force
Colonel
Jordan

Alright.
I can't wait to see the Combine soldier and cannon!
:D
Proud Muslim

UTD^Force

CnC Labs
Offline Gameanater  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 1:51:16 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

I canceled the Suppresion Cannon, too many bugs and not enough payoff. Ashamed

The Combine Soldier is almost working, though. I just can't change his model.
Offline CaeDares  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 11:12:04 AM(UTC)
CaeDares
Captain
United States

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Found quite a few bugs here, on just about everything that was modded.

General
- Blood does NOT come out of all units. Example: General Fai Pathfinder

General Fai
- Lotus has no option to build an outpost.
- Tank Hunters are much too strong. I filled a single building full of them against a HARD enemy that sent tanks nonstop ($99999999 cash for each team was included in the INI file, so that's helpful) and it defended that spot until the end. I could have easily taken a small troupe of Tank Hunters and utterly destroyed their base with little problems.
- Tank Hunter Infantry icon is of a GLA soldier instead of a Chinese one. Not exactly a primary fix, but it would make sense.
- Pathfinders have the gunfire & damage of a Minigunner when it comes to Buildings, Vehicles, and Aircraft (Yes, they can shoot Aircraft too). When it comes to infantry they fire as a normal Pathfinder, instantly killing that unit. I was able to take a group of 30-40 Pathfinders into their base (They don't take very long to create) and utterly destroy it.
- Pathfinders are EXTREMELY squishy. 1 Patriot Defense System took out around 10 of them. Each one took about 3 missile hits / aoe before being slain.
- Terrorists and Rangers are built in Duo's like the Minigunner, making Terrorists an extremely overpowered unit because of how many you can pump out.

General Fwai
- All Vehicles work inside Bunkers except for the Troop Crawler, Listening Outpost, and Dragon Tank. The Dragon tank only sprays in one direction, which is North. The Troop Crawler and Listening Outpost can enter Bunkers, but when given the possibility / order to fire, a gun pokes out the side of the Bunker, flashes once, and does nothing.
- When Tanks with Drones enter a Bunker, the drones hover around the bunker. If given Hellfire Drones, that could provide up to 5 extra missile firepower, which could be overpowered.
- I haven't been able to test whether Gattling Tanks can still shoot at Aircraft or not while inside a Bunker, for all the Ai I play against decide not to use Aircraft.
- The Helix deploys a Pilot when destroyed. The MIG does not.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 28, 2014 11:15:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

I may not be available between November 22nd and December 4th due to travelling. If you require my assistance, please Private Message me
thanks 1 user thanked CaeDares for this useful post.
Gameanater on 10/28/2014(UTC)
Offline Gameanater  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 5:24:10 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Originally Posted by: CaeDares Go to Quoted Post
General
- Blood does NOT come out of all units. Example: General Fai Pathfinder

What? That's strange, that didn't happen to me while playing... I'll have to look into that

General Fai
- Lotus has no option to build an outpost.

I haven't implemented that yet.

- Tank Hunters are much too strong. I filled a single building full of them against a HARD enemy that sent tanks nonstop ($99999999 cash for each team was included in the INI file, so that's helpful) and it defended that spot until the end. I could have easily taken a small troupe of Tank Hunters and utterly destroyed their base with little problems.

Dang... Maybe I should either reduce the amount of missiles fired from 4 to 2, or just increase either the cost or build time of the unit.

- Tank Hunter Infantry icon is of a GLA soldier instead of a Chinese one. Not exactly a primary fix, but it would make sense.

That was intentional, to help set him apart from a regular Tank Hunter, along with the happy accidental effect of the little light thing on his rocket launcher. I also gave him the Missile Defender's voice set, do like the voices?

- Pathfinders have the gunfire & damage of a Minigunner when it comes to Buildings, Vehicles, and Aircraft (Yes, they can shoot Aircraft too). When it comes to infantry they fire as a normal Pathfinder, instantly killing that unit. I was able to take a group of 30-40 Pathfinders into their base (They don't take very long to create) and utterly destroy it.

*Elite Sniper

Shooting Aircraft was intentional.

I tried to make them fire 4 shots at a time and have to reload like you suggested, though. I guess that didn't work too well.... Hmm...

Maybe I should set a limit on how many you can make...

- Pathfinders are EXTREMELY squishy. 1 Patriot Defense System took out around 10 of them. Each one took about 3 missile hits / aoe before being slain.

Whaaaaaat? Shock I must have left out a 0 or SOMETHING when editing thier stuff because I don't recall that happening to me... Strange, very strange... They SHOULD have the same health/armor as a USA Pathfinder...

Thank your for pointing that out!

- Terrorists and Rangers are built in Duo's like the Minigunner, making Terrorists an extremely overpowered unit because of how many you can pump out.

I realized the Terrorist thing the day after I posted. I'll definitely change it back to 1 Terrorist. Thanks, though.

General Fwai
- All Vehicles work inside Bunkers except for the Troop Crawler, Listening Outpost, and Dragon Tank. The Dragon tank only sprays in one direction, which is North. The Troop Crawler and Listening Outpost can enter Bunkers, but when given the possibility / order to fire, a gun pokes out the side of the Bunker, flashes once, and does nothing.

The Dragon Tank thing I noticed right away and I'm clueless on how to fix that unfortunately.... I don't know what it IS about that particular weapon, but it's given me the most amount of trouble in modding. I tried adding it to a Toxin Rebel to create a Dragon Trooper, but half the time the flame went right through the target and did no damage...

As for the Troop Crawler and Outpost, I think that has to do with the fact that those units use a "dummy weapon" to allow you to order it to attack stuff even though it has to use the infantry inside to attack... Basically, the weapon itself doesn't actually do anything, it's there so the Outpost/Crawler can actually move to attack an enemy through an order, and so on. I don't think I can do much about this, unfortinitly... Either I remove Tanks in Bunkers entirely or just replace the Troop Crawler and Outpost with something else...

- When Tanks with Drones enter a Bunker, the drones hover around the bunker. If given Hellfire Drones, that could provide up to 5 extra missile firepower, which could be overpowered.

Which can countered by an Avenger, ECM/Gattling Tank/Tank Hunter combo, or Quad Cannons. Tongue

- I haven't been able to test whether Gattling Tanks can still shoot at Aircraft or not while inside a Bunker, for all the Ai I play against decide not to use Aircraft.

99% percent sure that they do, though I will check again now that you bring it up.

- The Helix deploys a Pilot when destroyed. The MIG does not.

Guess I forgot to add the code for the MiG... Thanks for pointing this bit out. Cool

Well, I certainly have my work cut out for me!

Did you still enjoy the beta mod, though? I mean, it had to still be fun to have Pilots for Fai and garrison a Bunker with 5 Emperor Tanks, right? Tongue

Your criticism and feedback is quite helpful, thank you Cae! Big Smile

Edited by user Tuesday, October 28, 2014 5:26:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline CaeDares  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 6:14:54 PM(UTC)
CaeDares
Captain
United States

Quote:
Dang... Maybe I should either reduce the amount of missiles fired from 4 to 2, or just increase either the cost or build time of the unit.

Are you sure it's 4? I remember them shooting more than that, but it should definitely be lowered.

Quote:

That was intentional, to help set him apart from a regular Tank Hunter, along with the happy accidental effect of the little light thing on his rocket launcher. I also gave him the Missile Defender's voice set, do like the voices?

Didn't really think about the voices to be honest with you. I'll listen to it the next time I play.

Quote:

I tried to make them fire 4 shots at a time and have to reload like you suggested, though. I guess that didn't work too well.... Hmm...

Maybe I should set a limit on how many you can make...

I would limit it somewhere between 2-4 and give them a few seconds longer to create, they're very powerful. 1 of them can take out several humvees if you put him inside a building.

Quote:
Dragon Trooper

This makes me want a Napalm General. Maybe you could add it to the Nuclear Warfare general?

Quote:
Did you still enjoy the beta mod, though? I mean, it had to still be fun to have Pilots for Fai and garrison a Bunker with 5 Emperor Tanks, right? Tongue

Well, in one hand, EVERYBODY finds it fun when it comes to completely overpowering and dominating your enemies with equipment they have absolutely no access to.
But in the other hand, I wouldn't constantly play with it like this. After things have been added to the other generals that would balance the game out more, sure.

But if you want to have some fun, try playing it now, except going AGAINST the generals you modded. That'll bring lots of "fun"

I may not be available between November 22nd and December 4th due to travelling. If you require my assistance, please Private Message me
Gameanater on 10/28/2014(UTC)
Offline Gameanater  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 6:48:01 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Quote:

Are you sure it's 4? I remember them shooting more than that, but it should definitely be lowered.

Yes, it's 4. They use the Patriot Missile weapon.

I will definitely try creating a new weapon that works the same but fires 2 instead of 4.

Quote:

Didn't really think about the voices to be honest with you. I'll listen to it the next time I play.

"Got my missile launcher right here!"

"Yeah?"
"I wanna blow somethin' up!"

"Wanna see a fireball?!"
"Yeah-ha!"
"This'll be a hit!"

Quote:

I would limit it somewhere between 2-4 and give them a few seconds longer to create, they're very powerful. 1 of them can take out several humvees if you put him inside a building.

Hmm...

Maybe this is what I'll do:

No limit, but reduce they're attacking power against vehicles/buildings by giving them the Ranger weapon, and either remove attacking aircraft entirely or just reduce the power that has.

Quote:
Quote:
Dragon Trooper

This makes me want a Napalm General. Maybe you could add it to the Nuclear Warfare general?

Nuclear Warefare general already exists (General Tao), but the Napalm General is an AWESOME idea! Problem is though, creating a new faction is a BIG, BIIIIIG order... My friend JoshZemlinsky knows how but he's not on the forums anymore. And if I did make a new faction, there'd be the thing of having to redo the AI.

Speaking of AI, I need to learn how to mod it. You probably noticed that none of the completely new units like the Elite Sniper are built, or that Kwai doesn't build Composet armor

Quote:
Well, in one hand, EVERYBODY finds it fun when it comes to completely overpowering and dominating your enemies with equipment they have absolutely no access to.
But in the other hand, I wouldn't constantly play with it like this. After things have been added to the other generals that would balance the game out more, sure.

Probably. Tone down the existing stuff I have right now and then add stuff to all the other factions, and bang, it just works.

Quote:
But if you want to have some fun, try playing it now, except going AGAINST the generals you modded. That'll bring lots of "fun"

Going against the modded Fai didn't change too much except for the fact that a) his Pilots are constantly spawning after literally almost every single kill, running around to the other vehicles and ranking them up to Heroic and running back to the base, and b) I end up fighting 2 dozen Heroic Battlemasters and Gattling Tanks! Which, I actually found quite fitting for him. lol

Going against Fai was slightly difficult because of the larger reach with his Fanatical Tank Hunters and armored Assault Troop Crawlers, but not much more difficult then an unmodded Fai. At least for me. Tongue

But then I just pull out my Pathfinders, Avengers, and Tomahawks and mow down the opression. Gun Smilie
Rifle......................Weeping
Rifle......................Splat
Rifle......................Black Eye
Rifle......................Censored
Rifle......................Dead

Edited by user Tuesday, October 28, 2014 7:14:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline CaeDares  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 29, 2014 6:36:38 AM(UTC)
CaeDares
Captain
United States

Quote:
Nuclear Warefare general already exists (General Tao), but the Napalm General is an AWESOME idea! Problem is though, creating a new faction is a BIG, BIIIIIG order... My friend JoshZemlinsky knows how but he's not on the forums anymore. And if I did make a new faction, there'd be the thing of having to redo the AI.

Speaking of AI, I need to learn how to mod it. You probably noticed that none of the completely new units like the Elite Sniper are built, or that Kwai doesn't build Composet armor

What I meant was that you could just add the "Dragon Trooper" to Tao, because he's the closest you can get to being obsessed with Napalm without making a completely new General, units, vehicles, and powers.

After I get through with all this stuff I have to do in Gmax, I could see about making a unit every now and then for you. Not sure how long itll be till then, though.

Offline Gameanater  
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 4:40:39 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Hmm... Maybe that'd work, thanks for the idea!

Although a Dragon Trooper is still more fit for Fai in my opinion..

That'd be awesome! Maybe make a guy that looks more like a Combine Soldier or something... Or JC Denton from Deus Ex... Heheh...
Offline CaeDares  
#14 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 7:03:43 AM(UTC)
CaeDares
Captain
United States

Quote:

I don't know. In all honesty, I see Fai as a general who maintains Bullet infantry, even though she DOES still get rocket troopers, but that's kind of a given because they're needed. It's part of the reason I don't really like her having the Terrorists or overpowered Rocket infantry. But seeing as Tao is all about the Napalm, I figured it'd suit him nicely.

Quote:
That'd be awesome! Maybe make a guy that looks more like a Combine Soldier or something... Or JC Denton from Deus Ex... Heheh...

Just don't get your hopes up about it happening really soon, I'm only about halfway done with the tutorial that comes with Gmax (Creating the character is hard!), after I'm done with that I'll try creating troops one at a time for you.

ALSO
Another bug on Fai:
When you look at the Pathfinder in the Barracks unit creation window, his description says "MISSING: <insertstringofwords>".

Edited by user Friday, October 31, 2014 7:05:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Gameanater  
#15 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 7:54:48 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Quote:

I don't know. In all honesty, I see Fai as a general who maintains Bullet infantry, even though she DOES still get rocket troopers, but that's kind of a given because they're needed. It's part of the reason I don't really like her having the Terrorists or overpowered Rocket infantry. But seeing as Tao is all about the Napalm, I figured it'd suit him nicely.

Quote:

Just don't get your hopes up about it happening really soon, I'm only about halfway done with the tutorial that comes with Gmax (Creating the character is hard!), after I'm done with that I'll try creating troops one at a time for you.

ALSO
Another bug on Fai:
When you look at the Pathfinder in the Barracks unit creation window, his description says "MISSING: <insertstringofwords>".

Hmm... In my personal ZH world, Fai would maintain a much larger and more powerful infantry force then the other generals, not limited to simply bullet power. While he can still chew up tanks with enough Mini-Gunners, pulling out a few Tank Hunters does that job much better because... Well, bullets don't cut it as well as missiles against vehicles.

lol.

Also, you just called Fai a girl.

I will likely be removing the Ranger at least, though. I might just give the Flash Bangs over to the Mini Gunners. I ,might replace the Terrorist with a robotic version, because I know for sure that China doesn't have its soldiers fanaticified and strapping bombs to their chests and blowing themselves up in the name of China. xD

3D models:

No problem. Although I'm starting to really want JC Denton in ZH...

"Bravery is not a function of firepower."
-- JC Denton

The bug:

Yeah I'm aware of that... Not sure why it's not displaying the regular Pathfinder tooltip. I was going to use the Pathfinder tooltip as a placeholder until I get a .csf editor to actually make the text stuff with.
Offline CaeDares  
#16 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 8:28:00 PM(UTC)
CaeDares
Captain
United States

Quote:
Also, you just called Fai a girl.

Lol I just looked up Fai and apparently it is a guy. Holy *censored*. The more you know.

Gameanater on 10/31/2014(UTC)
Offline Gameanater  
#17 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 8:36:12 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

xD
Offline CaeDares  
#18 Posted : Saturday, November 8, 2014 7:55:37 AM(UTC)
CaeDares
Captain
United States

If you'd like, I'm done with the things I have to do in Gmax. So if you have any specific ideas that you want, then run them by me here or in a PM.

Gameanater on 11/8/2014(UTC)
Offline Gameanater  
#19 Posted : Saturday, November 8, 2014 10:01:30 AM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Awesome!