Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline klingondragon  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 5:49:11 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Was thanked: 247 time(s) in 217 post(s)
Time os not linear
Sponsor
Offline acidbrain  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 5:57:18 PM(UTC)
acidbrain
General

Was thanked: 574 time(s) in 364 post(s)
but running in circles
Panem et kirkinses
Offline klingondragon  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 5:59:54 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom
Location: Laniakea; Virgo Supercluster; Local Sheet; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion–Cygnus Arm; Gould Belt; Local Bubble; Local Interstellar Cloud; Sol System; Sol III; Europe; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland; Great Britain; England; Essex

Not quite
Time is everywhere all at once or nowhere never
Eg I am currently talking to you I am also being born and I'm dying
Offline V  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 3:57:11 PM(UTC)
V
Captain

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
None of what your are saying is making any sense.
The mind is quicker than the eye.
Offline klingondragon  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 3:59:15 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

This is only the second half of the conversation and it makes little sence to most people
Time is a trickey subject
Offline V  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:02:45 PM(UTC)
V
Captain

Time travels in a straight line. You cannot go back, and you can only go foward. Time cannot go by any faster (you humans have said it feels like it goes faster when you're having fun, and slower when you're bored, however). Time is constant, and linear.

Now I could also go into time travel theories, as well.

And do not give me the "it's technically possible to travel through time due to different time zones" thing. I understand what you mean by that, but it's not time travel in the conventional understanding.

Edited by user Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:03:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked V for this useful post.
Gameanater on 8/8/2014(UTC)
Offline klingondragon  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:10:25 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

We are all traveling through time all the time not due to yimezones but simply because time passes
Traveling through time zones is not really tome travel I don't know where you got that idea
Also you are wrong about one direction and at one speed
Just because we cant control the direction and speed of travel doesn't mean it is absolute and unchangeable
We just cant do it yet (and we can already do it and we are discovering how to do it now)
Offline V  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:22:17 PM(UTC)
V
Captain

Originally Posted by: klingondragon Go to Quoted Post
We are all traveling through time all the time not due to time zones but simply because time passes
Traveling through time zones is not really time travel I don't know where you got that idea
Also you are wrong about one direction and at one speed
Just because we cant control the direction and speed of travel doesn't mean it is absolute and unchangeable
We just cant do it yet (and we can already do it and we are discovering how to do it now)

That is an interesting point of view on time travel..

Difficult to explain, but think about how there are different times at any given moment in two different parts of the world. For example, there is a five hour difference in the time zones of Hawaii and Oklahoma. I.E., 5:00 PM in Oklahoma time is 1:00 PM in Hawaii time.

Time travel is a difficult subject, but I believe it is safe to say that if anyone in theory were to go back to a point in history and alter certain events, the effects could be anyone's guess. They could end up preventing themselves from ever being born, or make the Germans win World War II, or cause a city to have never been built. Or cause a time paradox.

Also.... "We just cant do it yet (and we can already do it . . .)"
So can we, or can we not do it?
Offline klingondragon  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:27:16 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

Time zones are made up and so are not real time travel
As for someone going back in time
Whatever they did have done or are doing it has already been integrated with our timeline so whatever they did have done or are doing would have no visible effect on life

And we can cant and are inventing traveling through time
Hard to get you head round but that's it
Time has already happens and hasn't happened yet and I happening now
Offline V  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 5:01:15 PM(UTC)
V
Captain

Okay, I understand that English is probably not your first language, but I can barely make sense of your statement.

Sorry.
Offline klingondragon  
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 5:09:20 PM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

English (British English) is my first and only language
The reason it makes no sense is because from an early age kids are taught that time goes past you and you move around in space
Whereas you move in both time and space and just because i am here in the UK doesn't mean that america disappears it still exists I just cant perceive it
The same is true for time
Just because I not in the past or future doesn't mean its gone away its still there just I cant perceive it

Edited by moderator Thursday, August 7, 2014 7:07:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Removed potential for flaming

Offline CommieDog  
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 7, 2014 7:12:49 PM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Originally Posted by: V Go to Quoted Post
Time travels in a straight line. You cannot go back, and you can only go foward. Time cannot go by any faster (you humans have said it feels like it goes faster when you're having fun, and slower when you're bored, however). Time is constant, and linear.

Demonstrably false. Look into the theory of relativity.
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
Offline klingondragon  
#13 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 1:06:52 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

Finally someone who doesn't think about time like a child
Offline Gameanater  
#14 Posted : Friday, August 8, 2014 8:29:50 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Originally Posted by: V Go to Quoted Post

V is correct.
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline klingondragon  
#15 Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2014 1:47:32 AM(UTC)
klingondragon
General
United Kingdom

That's what you perceive but not actually what happens
What part of just because we cant perceive it doesn't mean its not there don't you understand