Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<456
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#101 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 3:35:40 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Has anyone made the aircraftcarrier work before?
9Q_1P at your service. Moddin help and mod maker ranges from paradrop planes, aircraftcarriers and yes snow men with death lazer eyes

Want a peek? Visit this page
Advanced warfare
Offline Rrtaya_tsamsiyu  
#102 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 4:14:40 PM(UTC)
Rrtaya_tsamsiyu
Colonel
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 139 post(s)
i've used a carrier in a map before i think. But it can't move if that's what you mean, it just dosn't work right from what i've heard. i would think you could make it 'deploy' though, by making replacing it with a completely different object via upgrade. But then you might have the problem of aircraft not recognizing it as an airfield when its not deployed, as well as having problems with it carrying/producing them, i don't know.
one soul at a time
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#103 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 4:20:08 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Ok i have it moving working on carrying aircraft an producing might have an idea to carry aircraft
9Q_1P at your service. Moddin help and mod maker ranges from paradrop planes, aircraftcarriers and yes snow men with death lazer eyes

Advanced warfare
Offline Gameanater  
#104 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 6:06:42 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
There's already an Aircraft Carrier in Zero Hour. But it can't move, it's a structure.
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#105 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:39:30 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

I had it so close it bulds units and moves but need a way to garrison the planes inside and the carrier rearm them.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:42:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Advanced warfare
Offline Gameanater  
#106 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 9:15:52 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Ah. From what I can remember, what kinds of units a transport or garrison can hold is deturmined by something like...

Code:
 Can_Transport VEHICLES INFANTRY

Similar to the stuff like object types, "IS_SELECTABLE ATTACK_NEEDS_LINE_OF_SIGHT CAN_CAST_SHADOWS" etc...

I know for a fact that it's not actually "Can_Transport", but there's something in transports like that that has the "VEHICLES INFANTRY" stuff. Maybe you could try adding "AIRCRAFT" to the list?

Most units I think have a bit of code that looks kinda like this:

Code:
 TransportSlots: X ;how many "spots" we take in a transport ( 0 = not transportable)

I think every aircraft probably has that number set to zero.

I would check but it's late and I don't really have the time..

Comanches re-arm automatically, so my guess is that they would still re-arm if garrisoned in something.

But with Raptors and other jets, they NEED something to return to to re-arm. I dunno if it work while the Raptor is Garrisoned in something...

Though I'm not sure why you would need to have the Raptor garrisoned in the first place, but I can see of problem of both stuff Commanches and Helixs as well as Raptors and MiGs being able to Garrison.

Maybe change the number I mentioned from 0 to whatever... But then I think you'd end up with a Chinook carrying a few Helixes inside itself. xD

I'd PAY to see that, actually.

Maybe I'll check tomorrow.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 18, 2014 9:22:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: New paragraph!! :D

Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#107 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 12:33:32 AM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Yea it is late. I've put the garrison module in it and saved it but I haven't tested it. And i think I'm going to copy every use small aircraft make the copys transportable and have the ability to rearm but I have to balance that either make them less powerfully less missiles hp something. But till them I'm going to work on modeling more of my new units. I ready the v3 launcher next is probably the mustang fighter then the flak boat then leave the new buildings for last. XD sounds like alot but it's all easy to do except the buildings they'd be my first try but that's for later me to do so night night for me.

Edited by user Thursday, June 19, 2014 12:37:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Godsakes cellphone spellcheak :p

Advanced warfare
Offline Gameanater  
#108 Posted : Thursday, June 19, 2014 9:22:38 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Found something!

Code:
     AllowInsideKindOf       = INFANTRY
    ForbidInsideKindOf      = AIRCRAFT 
thanks 1 user thanked Gameanater for this useful post.
CommieDog on 6/21/2014(UTC)
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#109 Posted : Friday, June 20, 2014 2:20:13 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Ok thx

Advanced warfare
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#110 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2014 2:14:45 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Originally Posted by: Rrtaya_tsamsiyu Go to Quoted Post
i've used a carrier in a map before i think. But it can't move if that's what you mean, it just dosn't work right from what i've heard. i would think you could make it 'deploy' though, by making replacing it with a completely different object via upgrade. But then you might have the problem of aircraft not recognizing it as an airfield when its not deployed, as well as having problems with it carrying/producing them, i don't know.

I think your on the right track have it as a moveing unit cant do nothin but move then have a second unit thats a buildinng form un moveable and can produce that way then have it change units with a deploy option basicly a mcv. Xd
Becuase i have where it moves and builds but only the heli can be built while moveing

Advanced warfare
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#111 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2014 3:06:53 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Also which one looks better left or right?

First file

Thinking on adding air units gla but what should they be?
Here is my version of the air field

Edit internet messing up the img is only the 2 scuds

Edit: here is what I managed to get done in modeling and codeing mammoth tank China anti air boat and aircraft
Carrier building things
[img]http://m.imgur.com/EtV5cgD[/img]

Edited by user Tuesday, July 15, 2014 11:11:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
Generals 2014-07-07 14-05-56-62.png (871kb) downloaded 49 time(s).
Generals 2014-07-07 15-06-01-30.png (735kb) downloaded 47 time(s).

Advanced warfare
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#112 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2014 1:07:02 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Here is a run down. Of all the new units with pictures and a video of aircraft carrier

EDIT: sorry for inconvince phone couldn't post it
it will be soon

Edited by user Friday, August 22, 2014 10:56:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Advanced warfare
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#113 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 5:29:09 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Does any one know how to keep a certain aircraft on a runway because my model work around works but if u land the ACC planes on the runway of an airbase they sit like a few 100 feet above it

Advanced warfare
Offline Gameanater  
#114 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 5:40:36 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
United States

Originally Posted by: qqqqqqqqqp Go to Quoted Post
Does any one know how to keep a certain aircraft on a runway because my model work around works but if u land the ACC planes on the runway of an airbase they sit like a few 100 feet above it

I don't think that's determined entirely by code... Maybe your model has an incorrectly named bone or two?
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#115 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 6:18:51 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

No no it needs to be like that so they can take off from the aircraft carrier i remade every usa plane that way they can take off. And not be affected by the glitch that happens. But since they have been remodeled into 2 sets of planes i don't want the aircraft carriers plane to be able to land on a normal airfield or less t they will be sitting 100 feet in the air

Advanced warfare
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#116 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 9:44:32 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

I'll post a winfile with pictures and a video of what i mean

Edit in the morning of my time

Edited by user Monday, November 10, 2014 9:45:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Advanced warfare
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#117 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2014 11:51:23 AM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

here is the file

EDIT gess it cant handle 900 mb....

Edited by user Tuesday, November 11, 2014 12:14:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Advanced warfare
Offline qqqqqqqqqp  
#118 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 9:11:36 PM(UTC)
qqqqqqqqqp
Major
United States

Man this brought up memories. When I was younger and more chatty. But one thing I'm glad about is the fact that my younger self made it easy for me to pick up where I left off if I ever wanted to. Just have to redownload gmax final big and the renx fix and the possibly more.
I may start working on this mod again I really enjoyed modding could do some pretty neat things.

Edit: anything here since the thread is 4 years old can be used by anyone I suppose as reference code or to be used as your code.
ALL I ASK is if you use it in your mod please give some credit would be nice...

Edited by user Sunday, March 19, 2017 10:40:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Advanced warfare