Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline synergi  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 13, 2014 7:15:50 AM(UTC)
synergi
Private

I just grabbed C&C 3 for the first time, after playing GeneralsZH with mods for decades.
The engine is quite capable and refreshing compared to the old and dull ZH game.
However, the environment and units is quite depressing in the long run, methinks!

Is there any mod out there picking up on the old and cozy "cartoon'ish" warm green colours and possibly supply-docks instead of tiberium? I see that C&C3 GeneralsZH and loads of other mods on moddb changed the gameplay, but not the environment. Can anyone recommend a mod with the good old green pastures ZH/CnC Tiberium Dawn feel to it?

Another question: I missed the Victory Games Command & Conquer train completely. Just read about it.
Did anyone think of using the really nice and valuable assets from that game into a mod?
I mean, it looked awesome. The emplyees was send on the street, the project is closed to never return again. Everything is there, not being used...Any compability between SAGE and Frostbit 2?

Sponsor
Offline synergi  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 8:41:07 PM(UTC)
synergi
Private

Alright. That's a statement too, I guess...'
What am I really doing here, lol? Die in piece, CnClabs - bye :)

Offline Rrtaya_tsamsiyu  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 9:24:43 PM(UTC)
Rrtaya_tsamsiyu
Colonel
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 139 post(s)
dont know about cnc 3 mods, and i really doubt Frostbite uses W3D models. I wouldn't be surprised if the models work differently too.

Also, sorry nobody replied. My explanation is while CnC Labs is a forum for all CnC games, it is sorta geared to Generals and its expansion pack due to that being what most of the active posters play/map/mod.
one soul at a time
Offline Gameanater  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:19:56 PM(UTC)
Gameanater
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
United States

Was thanked: 166 time(s) in 144 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Rrtaya_tsamsiyu Go to Quoted Post
dont know about cnc 3 mods, and i really doubt Frostbite uses W3D models. I wouldn't be surprised if the models work differently too.

Also, sorry nobody replied. My explanation is while CnC Labs is a forum for all CnC games, it is sorta geared to Generals and its expansion pack due to that being what most of the active posters play/map/mod.

Definitely. This forum is mostly about Generals now... BUT, I do play Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge if that means anything! lol... I've also played Renegade before... :P
Any old friends still on here can add me on discord @jcdenton2187. I'm far more likely to respond there.
Offline Blbpaws  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:49:44 PM(UTC)
Blbpaws
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 32 post(s)
I don't know of any such mod, and I am quite sure SAGE is not compatible with Frostbite.
UserPostedImage