Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline John98  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2012 12:40:11 AM(UTC)
John98
Private

You can post multiple ideas, as I am about to do below. I am going to express every single possibility there is, even if the proof is miniscule.

China - China might just be a faction. It DID become the new world superpower; perhaps, even, it will slightly take the place of the USA?

USA - It went into isolation, but it just feels like it's not Command & Conquer without it. It might take its rise again, or....

UN - It was a small, unplayable faction in the regular generals that appeared during certain missions, usually as the color Cyan. For instance, In Generals, GLA Mission two as the convoys. It might also be part of the EU.

NATO - Yes, i did research. I never actually discovered this in the game, but it apparently had some interaction in the generals series. It's a supposed part of the EU.

Russia - Lazy as I am, i didn't really look at this. However, almost 60% of the people on this 'third mystery faction' topic on different sites think it might be on this. It did have quite a lot of involvement in games, anyway. It also was a planned faction, one of the vehicles being a Tzar Land Ship

Khan - Research evidence again. It was planned to appear in Generals 1, but was later replaced by China in the final release.

Africa - Some people may think this is crazy, but it was planned as a faction in generals, but was discarded.. Two of the vehicals (weren't really vehicles, but were classified as such) were the Lion Tank and the War Elephant. Even crazier to most people, a planned infantry for it was called a 'Genetic Horror'. I wouldn't be too surprised if it was or wasn't put it. It would make a good antagonist for the reasons of banding, but other than that, probably not.

And thats al. If i find more, I will post more. Please post your ideas on what you think will appear!
Heh heh... EA Games never knew there was a Naval general...
Sponsor
Offline SUPER-G  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2012 6:52:10 AM(UTC)
SUPER-G
Colonel
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Canada

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 100 post(s)
i think canada should be the third faction.
Discord - PK_Soar #9531
PK_Soar #9531

He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in
one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom. - Anton Lavey

Offline CommieDog  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2012 9:22:17 PM(UTC)
CommieDog
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 186 time(s) in 130 post(s)
I predict that the mystery faction will be a mix of the United States and China, and be called "ChinAmerica".
UserPostedImage
CommieDog: Because someone has to do your dirty work for you
Offline Jeddaven  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2012 10:54:02 PM(UTC)
Jeddaven
Private
United States

Not only is there a mystery third faction, but it's possible that EA will be releasing DLCs with new units, factions, maps, and even campaigns/missions Maybe even generals, if they follow a ZH format. If China isn't the third faction, I hope that it and the US(Or a variation on the US, perhaps a US/Canadian coalition) will become early DLC factions, and get their own campaigns. As you remember, the US superweapon in Generals and ZH was the particle cannon. If they US were to make a return, what if they were to vaporize Beijing with those particle cannons? The Chinese would be unable to respond until they had already been fired. While they were heavily damaged by the GLA, they might invent hyper-advanced technologies that could allow them to return. Perhaps a method of ultra-fast production, or even a more widespread use of lasers and railguns.

Originally Posted by: John98 Go to Quoted Post

NATO - Yes, i did research. I never actually discovered this in the game, but it apparently had some interaction in the generals series. It's a supposed part of the EU.
[\quote] Actually, that's debatable. Nearly all of the EU is apart of NATO, excluding Sweden, Finland, what used to be Yugoslavia, Austria, and Ireland (And few other smaller nations), although it does include non-EU nations like Norway, Iceland, Denmark (it includes the Faroe islands and greenland, unlike its EU membership.), Turkey, and Albania. (It also includes Canada and the US)

Edited by moderator Saturday, August 11, 2012 3:04:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Double Post Merge

Offline Blackiron  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 10:04:49 PM(UTC)
Blackiron
Private
United States

I think the Third Faction should be a powerful international Corporation. Call it the Guild Conglamorate or something. That way you have a Business vs Goverment vs Rebels.
Nobody said the third faction HAD to be a nation, many Businesses have more power than most nations on earth and they would definetly have the resources to wage a war.
Offline NewNightmare  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 9:06:31 AM(UTC)
NewNightmare
Colonel

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Quote:
Business vs Goverment

Whatever you say, these two are one and the same.
I'd say its China... or EA themselves dont know, and will add it later in a DLC for 30 euro once people will shout out their opinions.
Offline Blackiron  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 3:02:36 PM(UTC)
Blackiron
Private
United States

Originally Posted by: newnightmare Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
Business vs Goverment

Whatever you say, these two are one and the same.
I'd say its China... or EA themselves dont know, and will add it later in a DLC for 30 euro once people will shout out their opinions.

Almost but not quite. Governments revolve around politics, Businesses revolve around money. A Corperation can wage a war indefinetly because wars make them money and they can use the money to keep the war going. Plus they don't need to worry about public opinion.
Offline precision_bomber  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:47:14 AM(UTC)
precision_bomber
Major

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post

1st paragraph -snip-

If China was THAT heavily attacked, then I wouldn't be surprised if they get Mechanoid Units. It maybe a bit far-fetched but if done and following the "Rule of Cool" then it can sorta work.

I personally think the Third Faction would be CHINA. Since they were a major part of the lore.

Could be Russia even, but it WOULD BE TOO REDUNDANT and repetitive.

Could be even an Alien Faction, like the Scrin, from CnC3. But I highly doubt it.
Because the Scrin thing sorta just came out of nowhere(for me at least).

Could be Time Travellers from the future. Though, in real life, it is impossible to make Time Travelling devices because if they are developed, then why aren't we seeing or experiencing phenomenons that a someone from the future is walking around us?

Could be(in my Anime side) a Gundam-ish faction. But I highly doubt EA would make a Gundam reference, even if you look at the Gundams from the Anime, they DEVASTATE EVERY STANDARD TANK, VEHICLE OR INFANTRY that comes their way. So it would be overpowered.

Could be a Macross-ish faction too. But, if you look at the latter reason, I said about Gundams and doubting it.

Could be North Korea, considering our situation right now.

Could be Australia, because of Australiu-- *shot*

OR IT COULD BE some sort of Evil MegaCorp. That can afford, their own cities, industries and even military. (This sounding too Ketsui)

Edited by user Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:55:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Death Label:
Reduced back to 3 main factions(and a couple of extras).
Each faction can choose a(or all of them) tech-tree via General's Powers.
Angel Wings: Jets and Anti-Air, Helicopters and Missiles, Hovercraft and Lasers
Red Skulls: Armor Division, Mecha Armada, Drone Swarm
Earth's Saviors: Air Raid, Homeworld Security, Stealth