Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MicScoTho  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2011 9:09:41 AM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 58 post(s)
EA has announced Command & Conquer Generals 2 is in development by Victory Games - now known as Bioware Victory. The game will reportedly use the Frostbite 2 game engine.

UserPostedImage

An EA Origin page has some additional details about the game:
Features
Quote:

In the near future, world leaders are mere seconds from signing a global treaty and bringing an end to war as we know it when a devastating terrorist attack rips through the peace conference, killing all in attendance. In a world left with no politicians, diplomats, or activists, only the Generals remain. It's up to you to assume their roles, command their forces, and put an end to global terrorism once and for all.
Features:

• All-Out War — Take control of three unique factions, competing for resources, building up your base of operation, and leading massive batteries of tanks, soldiers, and aircraft into battle.
  • Uncanny Sense of Realism — Frostbite 2 technology allows for visceral, visually stunning conflict at an epic scale. Incredibly detailed units and environments, dynamic physics, and exhilarating visual effects bring the battle to life in ways never before seen. This is the closest thing to real war without the consequences.
  • New Ways to Dominate or Ally with Your Friends — Go beyond classic deathmatch with a selection of new multiplayer game modes, designed with both cooperative and competitive play in mind.
  • Thrilling Campaign — Command the war on terror in an electrifying single-player campaign. Experience the dramatic story from multiple perspectives — from heroic General to crazed terrorist — while engaging the enemy in pulse-pounding tactical combat.
  • Ever-Evolving Experience — Enhance your game with an expanding array of downloadable content. From maps and units to factions, campaigns, and more, the fight against terrorism is deeper than ever.

System Requirements
Quote:

Minimum System Requirements

Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Athlon X2 2.7 GHz)
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 20 GB
Graphics card (AMD): DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI Radeon 3000, 4000, 5000 or 6000 series, with ATI Radeon 3870 or higher performance)
Graphics card (NVIDIA): DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 or 500 series with NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or higher performance)
Sound card
DirectX Compatible
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD ROM Drive

Recommended System Requirements

Processor: Quad-core CPU
Memory: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 20 GB
Graphics card: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 or ATI Radeon 6950)
Sound card
DirectX Compatible
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD ROM Drive

Screenshots

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Sunday, December 11, 2011 11:39:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MicScoTho - Founder
Sponsor
Offline NewNightmare  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2011 9:49:53 AM(UTC)
NewNightmare
Colonel

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 40 post(s)
UserPostedImage
lucky me im upgrading to 2600k and gtx 560 ti / 570

Edited by user Sunday, December 11, 2011 9:53:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline glumurr  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2011 8:35:39 PM(UTC)
glumurr
Major

What WHat WHAT? O.o

is this 140% true?

ugh, from the look of these pictures - the graphic is to much.. something
I liked the old graphic.
I do hope this will be as fun as Generals was
hmm...
if I don't reply to a topic I don't know the answer - sorry
Offline Annihilationzh  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2011 11:15:09 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
An Orca, in generals?
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline VTULCobra  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:56:41 AM(UTC)
VTULCobra
Major
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member
Sweden

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 33 post(s)
<3
Rank up!
Offline Bonno95  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 8:39:58 AM(UTC)
Bonno95
Private

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yes. This'll be good. Back to base building, EA finally learnt from the mistakes of C&C4.
Love Bonno.
Offline VTULCobra  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:45:06 AM(UTC)
VTULCobra
Major
Sweden

Quote:
Yes. This'll be good. Back to base building, EA finally learnt from the mistakes of C&C4.

Hopefully :)
Rank up!
Offline Matthew9170  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2011 4:59:03 PM(UTC)
Matthew9170
Major

Annihilationzh wrote:
An Orca, in generals?

It appears so Annihilationzh. The only problem I have with the new game is the graphics, for me, growing up on games with low res textures, this is just going to ruin it for me. Also if they pull the same stuff they did with Tiberium Twilight then I will be mad (no base building)
Wow, it has been a long time since I was last here.
Offline BR-Alexandre  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 2:15:52 PM(UTC)
BR-Alexandre
Major

Really? Generals 2? my favorite RTS now with a Frostbite 2 engine? YEAAAAHHHH hope my computer can support that without lagging....and that this one is even better than the first generals

they will release it in 2013? ok...one more game to the "waiting" list
"The Only Way To Have Peace is Prepare for War" <---I forgot who said this...

"Lasers make superior weapons!" <--- Townes
"Laser crusader ready for engagement" <--- Laser Crusader Tank
"Tactical lasers online" <--- Avenger Support Venhice
"Storm climbed mountain" <--- Pathfinder Elite Infantry
"Ready for covert mission" <--- Stealth Fighter Tactical Support
Offline NewNightmare  
#10 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 2:22:40 PM(UTC)
NewNightmare
Colonel

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 40 post(s)
yes.. but frostbite so far is 'hard to mod' and hence map making and mod making tools have low chance for existance, we'll have to wait for some more news
Offline Bonno95  
#11 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 9:55:18 PM(UTC)
Bonno95
Private

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
newnightmare wrote:
yes.. but frostbite so far is 'hard to mod' and hence map making and mod making tools have low chance for existance, we'll have to wait for some more news

Still, always a possibility. They might make a big effort to do it, considering the huge mapping and modding community the franchise has...
Love Bonno.
Offline BR-Alexandre  
#12 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 2:56:14 PM(UTC)
BR-Alexandre
Major

even with the tools would be a pain to make maps or mods when there's too much to consider

Offline BR-Alexandre  
#13 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 3:00:03 PM(UTC)
BR-Alexandre
Major

hey, in the second screenshot, is that yellow thing near what seems to be a war factory under construction the "generals 2 dozer"? i mean, the unit that will build structures
if yes then they finally abandoned TW3 and TW4 base building sistem :D

Edited by user Wednesday, December 28, 2011 3:44:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline VTULCobra  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2011 2:56:01 AM(UTC)
VTULCobra
Major
Sweden

Hell Yeah! :D
Rank up!
Offline xerberus333  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2012 7:12:12 AM(UTC)
xerberus333
Private

Ever-Evolving Experience — Enhance your game with an expanding array of downloadable content. From maps and units to factions, campaigns, and more, the fight against terrorism is deeper than ever.

Sorry guys, but this alone already hints at modding capabilities. Which is close to zero imo. That's guna suck. Because I know a lot of willing and able modders everywhere can do all that for the fun, and not for the extra 20 bucks in your credit card, just for a new unit/weapon/bldg.
Offline xerberus333  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2012 7:18:40 AM(UTC)
xerberus333
Private

newnightmare wrote:

I think that's because the devs stopped wanting you to mod it after they realized they can do it themselves and charge you money for it.
Offline brncao  
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2012 6:42:20 PM(UTC)
brncao
Captain

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Think Apple. Make a product, then introduce a new product while ending support for the older product as an incentive so consumers can upgrade. Modding will only extend its lifespan when you ought to move on. Majority of the gamers are probably those who throw away their games in less than a year and move on to the next.

With that said, this is pretty much having extra short-term profits for EA by offering downloadable contents. This isn't MMORPG where the devs will continuously update it with new features. This will be abandoned sooner or later. Once it's abandoned, that's when you must buy Generals 3 or another CnC game to keep it "fresh"
Offline xerberus333  
#18 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2012 7:02:01 AM(UTC)
xerberus333
Private

Good point. Very profitable for EA too. They know that a lot of people are willing to shell out cash for their mini-DLC's. As for me, I'm more of a single player and skirmish guy. EA's deceptive business model imo won't convince me to pay them extra for DLC.

As for "fresh" when you reach a certain number of games played, fresh starts becoming hard to come by. For example, I've lost count how many times I found myself aiming down a frikkin' gun sight. I think the "fresh" you're talking about is gone, replaced simply by "more"

DLC aside, the game is looking good. I'll hold back buying on release date and see what the community thinks of it.

Meanwhile, ima go pump up my AmericanDoomsdayTank's Max health to = 999999999 and roll over some GLA.

Keep modding alive guys.
Offline BR-Alexandre  
#19 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:29:10 AM(UTC)
BR-Alexandre
Major

Just saw Generals 2 in VGA, now i know its not just a great game, but one of the most waited ones in the wolrd! Hah, even better than we imaginated guys

Offline synergi  
#20 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 1:01:59 AM(UTC)
synergi
Private

I wont get all dark and grumpy about the current info on modding Generals 2. Still keeping my hopes high. Developers have hearts, too. Imagine yourself being a game artist, would'nt you like to create a game that people would actually play? If not, your worklife is worth nothing. In this case, it will take well-balanced factions, responsive AI and interactive gameplay..and proper, easy-to-learn customization tools like the WorldBuilder. The result will be successfull for many years offline and online. I'll bet the creators of Generals:Zero Hour are happy when they see people are still playing their "baby" today, some 8 years later. That game along with Half-Life is like following a receipt to make an instant classic! :)

The publisher are in it for the money, yes. But the developers think as a team, just like modders do. Would you create something exclusively for the PC if you did´nt want to attract the modding nerds?

Edited by user Tuesday, January 24, 2012 2:26:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified