Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Alan Hawk  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:54:24 AM(UTC)
Alan Hawk
Private

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

First, I had to change TRA to run in windows XP mode to get it to even start.

Second, both the Russian campaign and the Japanese campaign fail to start, they get all the way to the load screen that has the picture of your support commander, then crash. Only the Allied campaign loads all the way.

Third, I played the first allied campaign with no issues, the second one however is unwinable, even on easy. You can't make more spies. Spies can't swim and there are no boats or planes or helicopters they can board. If Tanya dies, you can't recreate her. You can't make any soldiers at all. You can't make any buildings at all. And your support commander is totally useless and gets completely wiped out.

Last, if you liberate the island that gives you those small bombers, their repair/reload depot doesn't repair them, and the helicopter can't be controlled or landed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsor
Offline KatzSmile  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 8:56:52 AM(UTC)
KatzSmile
Private

Do you seriously think you will be able to play campaign with this mod without any problems?

Edited by user Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:03:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Alan Hawk  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:32:40 AM(UTC)
Alan Hawk
Private

Yes actually I do. It was billed as a recreation of the original but in 3D, so yeah, I not only expect the storyline (campaign) to work, I expect it to be the primary objective of the mod.
Offline cgf123`  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 10:03:30 AM(UTC)
cgf123`
Captain

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
think they mentioned it clearly somewhere that they did not recreate the campaigns for it
'The Red Alert' mod with more refined balancing+bugfixes:
Check it out!
Offline Blbpaws  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:42:24 AM(UTC)
Blbpaws
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 32 post(s)
It is skirmish and multiplayer only. If you wanted to wait another two years, you could have a campaign. If you're interested in a mod with a campaign, check out The Forgotten.

And it works fine for me on Windows 7 Ultimate.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:47:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Phe0n1x  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:36:57 PM(UTC)
Phe0n1x
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I can confirm that it works just fine on Win7 x64 Ultimate and Home Premium. I personally own both.
UserPostedImage