Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Poll Question : who is your favorite general?
Choice Votes Statistics
  General Townes (laser) US army
12 %
  General Alexander (super weapons) US marines
17 %
  General Granger (air force) US air force
16 %
  General Juhziz (explosives) GLA scorpion cell
8 %
  Prince Kassad (stealth) GLA cobra cell
8 %
  Dr.Thrax (toxins)
6 %
  General Tao (nuclear weapons) PLA branch
11 %
  General Kwai (tanks) PLA branch
7 %
  General Fai (infantry) PLA branch
11 %
  Total 109 100%
Guests can't vote. Try login or register.
8 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BR-Alexandre  
#81 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2011 12:52:01 PM(UTC)
BR-Alexandre
Major

Quote:
Actually, Tao's tanks are better than kwai's ones...

sure are, but trade life for firpower and speed don't help in some battes

Quote:
denying SAD Strategy, if i were u, i'd surely go for bombardment instead

just like the speed, its a tactical advantage and always make me win battes by start attacking (and the tanks from the rear can also shoot with that plan)

Quote:
it gives them super antiinfantry capability, as well as antiair. Furthermore, it gives it detection and spinin' the guns faster make more and more damage as times goes by (and with the resistance they got, they WILL SURELY have such time wich make them effective even against tanks).

yeah, i know. for a while, believe or not, my tactic was use nuke BMs and Overlords to anihilate the enemy. and i learned that tactics are important and can even turn the tide of a batte, now i use a "conquest and hold" as main tactic (extremly vulnerable to artillery but if well used its very cost-effective). for example, in the screenshot that squad killed overlords in 2 shots, they can kill that 5 overlords too (of course, i'd lost some of the tanks but...) or make by cost, 4 gat overlords [18000] and one propaganda [2500] cost a lot [20500] and guess 20 laser tanks [18000] and composite armor upgrade [2500] for the same cost will sure defeat your tanks if used "correctly".

Quote:
and some BM's to help clean the way, and infernos should i have the money

then i need more tanks, about the inferno, well that i can't defeat (as i say, i'm weak vs artillery)

Edited by user Thursday, April 7, 2011 12:53:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"The Only Way To Have Peace is Prepare for War" <---I forgot who said this...

"Lasers make superior weapons!" <--- Townes
"Laser crusader ready for engagement" <--- Laser Crusader Tank
"Tactical lasers online" <--- Avenger Support Venhice
"Storm climbed mountain" <--- Pathfinder Elite Infantry
"Ready for covert mission" <--- Stealth Fighter Tactical Support
Offline BR-Alexandre  
#82 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2011 1:06:11 PM(UTC)
BR-Alexandre
Major

Look at this batte, its the same in my avatar, i was figthing with my brother and you can see he just put ALL his unit is a good firing position, even so, due to SAD plan (back units firing) and avengers (increased fire speed on tagged enemy) i won with 2 losses = 1 avenger and 1 heroic laser tank

[19200] vs [17300], losses: [2400] to [17300]

Edited by user Thursday, April 7, 2011 1:19:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BR-Alexandre attached the following image(s):
sshot039-Remake.jpg

Offline Annihilationzh  
#83 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2011 10:51:38 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Why is he using gattling tanks? Why doesn't he have overlords and infernos when you have S&D?

You spent way more than him, and had counter units, and had tech. It's obvious that you should win that fight.

Edited by user Thursday, April 7, 2011 10:55:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline BR-Alexandre  
#84 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2011 7:47:37 AM(UTC)
BR-Alexandre
Major

we both had tech, he got isotope stability a,d chain guns. but agree about the "counter units"
sorry, its just because i don't have many of these screenshots

Offline joey55  
#85 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2011 8:41:30 AM(UTC)
joey55
Major

i think my modded genneral is the best because he woudl pown al of them together XD

ps:GO NUCLEAR TANKS!!
you have to be a happy man, to be a happy man :)
Offline JTvulcan  
#86 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2011 8:42:17 AM(UTC)
JTvulcan
Private

This is a tough question. My favorite general to be out of the nine overall generals?

I think it comes down to two then, and I'm not sure which one I like better.

For me its either the USAF General, or the Chinese Infantry General.

I Love the USAF general's cheap and superior raptors and as everyone already knows, he is absolutley ridiculous with all of his general's promotions. Humvees are a competent enough ground force too while working with all of your raptors and stealth commanches.

For competitive play it is USAF.

But at heart, there is nothing I love more than a mass attack with infantry! Of the three overall factions I like China the least, but I can't resist the emphasis on infantry! Also, I like how the Chinese Infantry General gets the carpet bomber at 3 star genreal instead of 5 star like the other chinese armies (except nuke I know). A blob of infantry with more on the way via para-drop with a fast-returning and early use carpet bomber is pretty good I think.

For personal like, its the Chinese Infantry General.

If the question was to be between the vanilla armies, I would pick GLA 1st, then USA, then China.

Edited by user Monday, April 18, 2011 8:45:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Omar  
#87 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:41:45 AM(UTC)
Omar
Private

certainly superweapon general for awesome emp patriot that can knock a group of planes if their close enouph to each other

for peace we fight(and unfortunetly die).
Offline DaDefiance  
#88 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2011 5:40:41 AM(UTC)
DaDefiance
Private

I really like the super weapon general. but i go with all of them... I usually pick "Random" when I play so I'll master it
It's the moment of truth, It's the moment to lie, The moment to live and the moment to die, to moment to fight, a moment to fight, to fight, to fight, TO FIGHT!!!!!
Offline DaDefiance  
#89 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2011 5:42:11 AM(UTC)
DaDefiance
Private

I really like the super weapon general. but i go with all of them... I usually pick "Random" when I play so I'll master it. In this picture i'd try to find a way to defeat the super weapon generals. SO I ggo with many infantry and cut the power (destroy the reactors) then bring the comanches.. then "NO MERCY TIME" nyahahahah
It's the moment of truth, It's the moment to lie, The moment to live and the moment to die, to moment to fight, a moment to fight, to fight, to fight, TO FIGHT!!!!!
Offline DaDefiance  
#90 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2011 5:43:50 AM(UTC)
DaDefiance
Private

I really like the super weapon general. but i go with all of them... I usually pick "Random" when I play so I'll master it. In this picture i'd try to find a way to defeat the super weapon generals. SO I ggo with many infantry and cut the power (destroy the reactors) then bring the comanches.. then "NO MERCY TIME" nyahahahah
DaDefiance attached the following image(s):
HUGE SQUAD.JPG
Offline Annihilationzh  
#91 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2011 9:10:21 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Medium army... with an ally?
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline silenthero  
#92 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2011 12:49:39 AM(UTC)
silenthero
Private

Overall I would pick Air Force General. He's too strong in 1.04 where his air and ground units complemented one another. He can rush early game effectively (MD's and a Chinook) and his King Raptor can deal serious damage in just one run (3 dozers anyone?), can protect and scout perfectly. The Carpet Bomb is VERY imbalanced with multitude of reasons. 2 fat thumbs up to this grumpy. I go for convenient rush tactics, not camping and waiting the staring game. That's why I don't like Superweapon generals. Peace to the one's who like them ^^.

In 1.06 I didn't like any generals so I opted to Vanilla USA. Granger was nerfed a lot and many generals sticked to their specialty so much that they aren't very flexible.
Offline mewesley  
#93 Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:30:55 AM(UTC)
mewesley
Private

I prefer playing as Infantry, then Stealth. As others have said, the Pathfinder is the main way to interfere with the Infantry's strength. Otherwise, using Assault Helixes, many Assault Troop Crawlers, and inferno cannons can do most players a lot of trouble. Super Hackers with Super Lotus are wonderful at disabling an entire base (If pathfinders are neutralized).

I enjoy stealth because you can tunnel anywhere, load up battlebuses, and wreck havoc. Economy is easy and the GPS scrambler makes everyone but the mob stealthy. Stealth Battle Buses, too much fun!
Offline spike  
#94 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 5:48:23 PM(UTC)
spike
Private

I prefer Air Force general. His planes are cool and have lasers on them which make them hard targets. Although he lacks tanks but is compensated by other vehicles like the tomahawk launcher.

Actually, i like all the US Generals with their hi-tech weapons and all. :)
Offline Sarevok  
#95 Posted : Sunday, August 28, 2011 2:21:45 PM(UTC)
Sarevok
Private

Seeing as this is an active topic, I'll post my preferences.

I used to love stealth. Deploying the sneak attack in the back of the base, or even to the side, whilst they are distracted out the front. Also using the rocket buggy to take out most tanks before they get in-range (bar the artillery).

Now, I used the Nuke general. I like a good strong offensive force that can take a good few hits. Also, the GLA to me seemed to have pretty weak air defence. The Quads are good, but they need to be in the right place, and with out enough, don't really do to much. The Chinese defence, with the gatling base defences (for the aircraft and troops) and then the bunker (for the rocket guys) makes it pretty tough against most things bar artillery, which can be sorted with the nuke migs. Coupled with the ability to put your secondary economy (hackers) wherever you feel like, I quite like him :)
Offline Sukotto82  
#96 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:00:38 PM(UTC)
Sukotto82
Private

for me its hard to say
I like super weapons general because of the aurora alpha bombers are awesome.
I like GLA because I can upgrade tanks from scrap parts and make them stealth.
I like China Tank because the emperor overlord is a massive force to mess with.
I think the Toxin generals rocket guys are the most powerful of rocket guys.
I Like most any USA that has the pathfinder cause I use lots of snipers in defenses and the dual laser tanks for taking out any aircraft or air deployed specials and rockets that would otherwise take out most my auto defenses.

I have seen that the USA is the only team that can't capture enemy vehicles, why is that.
the china have the nuke cannon with the photon shell upgrade.
the GLA have there sniper who can target the drivers of the vehicles.
but USA has nothing... Disapprove

I suppose I use the super-weapons general most of the time so I guess that would have to be among my favorites if I had to choose just one...
...but to tell the truth I would have to create a custom general to make my favorite even the Boss General isn't one of my faves even though they have the cool ability to build all three super-weapons.

I can build a defense that can't be passed with USA super-weapons General. the only weaknesses for my defense would be the china Inferno cannon and any aurora jets cause they can bypass all defenses until after its unloaded its ammo then it goes down. and any super-weapons or specials that can't be shot down. of course an absurd amount of tanks can do some damage but only human players send enough tanks to get past my defenses no AI comes close, even on the hardest difficulty they can't get past my defenses once they are up. The downside is that in order for my defenses to be fully active because its based on defending against aircraft and tanks so I need the pathfinders to help take out infantry and that requires the 3 star General promotion. Stealth, tanks, aircraft, infantry none of them can come close as soon as everything is up and ready.

If I would make a custom General one of the things I would have to do is make it make Pathfinders without promotion or require 1 star promotion so it can be purchased right from the beginning.

I also like the infantry mini gunners and stealth hackers being able to hide your economy anywhere outside of stealth detection comes in handy.

using GLA that has the GPS scrambler and capture tank general for Emperor overlords...
I can't begin to say how much damage 9 Stealth Emperors can do Approve .

Edited by user Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:58:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: wanted to add something extra. , word fix

Offline Sukotto82  
#97 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:50:37 PM(UTC)
Sukotto82
Private

"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent! That means we can attack in any direction!"

that's awesome.

I don't remember who used it but it's great.

I'm sorry I love that quote.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:58:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Annihilationzh  
#98 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2011 2:00:24 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Quote:
using GLA that has the GPS scrambler and capture tank general for Emperor overlords...
I can't begin to say how much damage 9 Stealth Emperors can do

Not as much as stealth emperors with autoloader, subliminal messaging and nuke generals upgrades?

Mods FTW!

Offline BR-Alexandre  
#99 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 12:36:39 PM(UTC)
BR-Alexandre
Major

Annihilationzh wrote:

Not as much as stealth emperors with autoloader, subliminal messaging and nuke generals upgrades?

Mods FTW!

what about laser stealth emperors with autoloader, subliminal messaging, nuclear engine (from nuclear tanks), USA venhice drones, point defense laser (3, just like king raptor), ECM effect, advanced training, composite armor, search and destroy (battle plan, higher range), avenger aa laser (instead gatling cannon), ability to upgrade weapon from killed enemies and...a bunker maybe? with pathfinders inside

Edited by user Tuesday, October 11, 2011 12:45:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline samirzubic  
#100 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 2:07:24 PM(UTC)
samirzubic
Private

It really depends who you are fighting against.One question has any of you guys defeated 7 hard ai?