Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline yurdeath2010  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2011 8:04:27 PM(UTC)
yurdeath2010
Captain

Hey, I just joined C&C labs. I have been playing C&C games forever and I have been building my own maps in generals for while. I recently discovered how to unlock the official maps for editing and I have been studying the professionally built maps to get some ideas of how to make my maps better. My current project is to build a new generals challenge map for me and my friends to fight on that uses all of the generals. I am using official challenge maps as a guide and learning a lot from them. I found this website while looking around for information about worldbuilder and decided to join since I am constantly looking for new ideas for a new map. Let me know if you have any tips for me in my current project.

None of my maps have ever been put online for download but I am open to giving some out if you are looking for some new maps to play on. I have built 3v5 comp stomps, 2v6 comp stomps, and even a 1v7 comp stomp map. I tried, without any luck, to build an AOD map. it worked for the most part but all the enemy units kept coming in straight lines and I couldn't figure out how to get them to split up. Getting one unit at a time makes things really easy. I like a challenge. I like making very difficult maps. I have also done a 4v4 map that I liked for players.

I currently have the newest version of world builder. I don't like it too much. It was released with the new version of Shockwave 1.0 and they took out all the objects from the armor, salvage, and special weapons generals. If anyone knows how I can get the old Shockwave .95 worldbuilder without messing up the Shockwave 1.0 game, that would be nice. Oh, and my old .95 maps do work like a charm in the new 1.0. But you still can't play with the new AI on them.

Edited by user Thursday, February 3, 2011 8:10:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Corrected spelling, sorry

Yurdeath2010
Amature Generals ZH Map Builder
feel free to pm me with specific map building questions

I am playing with the new Shockwave 1.0 Mod for Zero Hour and it's world builder but I have experience in the original ZH worldbuilder and Shockwave .95 Worldbuilder.
Sponsor
Offline Annihilationzh  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2011 9:45:10 AM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
I severely dislike shockwave. The creator uses the most redundant code and makes things unnecessarily complicated. Ironic really, considering that Contra is more naturally complex, but is ultimately less complex.

There is no "shockwave world builder." It's just the standard one. It naturally adapts to any mod just like the game does.

Anyway, you can't get anything from 0.95 without changing 1.0, so that it's no longer compatible with 1.0. With a lot of time and effort, you could create a mix between the two versions.

Edited by user Friday, February 4, 2011 9:45:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline yurdeath2010  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2011 10:48:23 AM(UTC)
yurdeath2010
Captain

oh, I don't know much about modding so creating a mix is pretty much out of the question for me. As far as the changing worldbuilder, that sucks. I figured swr productions changed worldbuilder with each new version of shockwave they put out. I guess one solution would be to install .95 on a computer I don't play on and just use it to creat maps. I don't know much about coding but I guess that would be one reason for such lag I experience in playing the game as well as random crashes, hu? Any ideas on how I might fix that?
Yurdeath2010

I am playing with the new Shockwave 1.0 Mod for Zero Hour and it's world builder but I have experience in the original ZH worldbuilder and Shockwave .95 Worldbuilder.
Offline yurdeath2010  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 6, 2011 5:06:32 PM(UTC)
yurdeath2010
Captain

I think I've run into my first problem with my new project. I am trying to make the computer build a certian way like in the missions and the generals challenge but the computer player doesn't show up when I go into the game. I set up some buildings in the build list and selected building already built but when I start up the game, nothing appears. Any ideas on how to correct this? This is the first time I have made a mission but I have looked at a few in world builder and I can't find anything wrong.
Yurdeath2010

Offline yurdeath2010  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 6, 2011 8:44:13 PM(UTC)
yurdeath2010
Captain

on another map I built, I have a whole hell of a lot of reinforcement pads for the computer players but the computer players will send 20 units to capture one at a time. Is there any way that I can make them capture them faster? I used the command "capture neares unowned faction unit" but then the ai wouldn't build anything. This map would actually be a challenge if the ai would capture the reinforcement pads.
Yurdeath2010

Offline casparmartin01  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 11:10:17 AM(UTC)
casparmartin01
Private

You must first make from the player a team if you've done that make a script(subUtine)r if true then set team <this team> to capture ??? <-the reinforce
Mentpads (first give them a name)
Then go to you're team an go to "if created " an select the script you just made^^ it will work if im richt
Having problems? Just ask me
Offline Drummin  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 11:22:16 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Quote:
I think I've run into my first problem with my new project. I am trying to make the computer build a certian way like in the missions and the generals challenge but the computer player doesn't show up when I go into the game. I set up some buildings in the build list and selected building already built but when I start up the game, nothing appears. Any ideas on how to correct this? This is the first time I have made a mission but I have looked at a few in world builder and I can't find anything wrong.

Be sure you have the "Already Built" box selected for the AI command Center on the Build List. Also Everything in a mission needs to be scripted INCLUDING giving the player cash so they have money to build and setting the build permissions, allowing them to build units and buildings. If these are set, the AI should build from the build list. Make sure the build list is in order so they build power (if needed) then a supply center before going to other buildings.
Offline yurdeath2010  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 3:57:53 PM(UTC)
yurdeath2010
Captain

casparmartin01 wrote:
You must first make from the player a team if you've done that make a script(subUtine)r if true then set team <this team> to capture ??? <-the reinforce
Mentpads (first give them a name)
Then go to you're team an go to "if created " an select the script you just made^^ it will work if im richt

not exactly sure of how to do that. The map that I am having this problem on is a 3v3 skrimish map and the computers all go to one pad and send like 50 troops to one pad at a time to capture. All 3 computers will go to the same one. If I understand your correctly, would I have to do that in all the skrimish players scripts folders? I guess I don't understand how to se the ai on a team like that and still be able to fight random generals on the map.

Drummin wrote:
Be sure you have the "Already Built" box selected for the AI command Center on the Build List. Also Everything in a mission needs to be scripted INCLUDING giving the player cash so they have money to build and setting the build permissions, allowing them to build units and buildings. If these are set, the AI should build from the build list. Make sure the build list is in order so they build power (if needed) then a supply center before going to other buildings.

I do have the command centers I places checked already built. They are the only thing I put down before I tested it to see if they would be there and they were not there when I started the game up. I have each one of the command centers belonging to their respective general from the skrimish players list.
Yurdeath2010

Offline Drummin  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 5:30:07 PM(UTC)
Drummin
General
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff MemberRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff Member

Quote:
I have each one of the command centers belonging to their respective general from the skrimish players list.

IF this is a mission:
Well that's the problem. Get rid of the Skirmish players, Keep or add plyrcivilian back in. Add a computer player, name it what you want (I use TheEnemy) and add a player for the human again naming it as you wish (ThePlayer). Then assign buildings to the default teams for each player (teamTheEnemy). Script for the AI player to have cash and permission to build as I mentioned above. Continue adding scripts to build teams etc.

IF this is a skirmish map:
Then you can't place buildings OR use the build list tool. Remember there could be more than one AI team for the same faction, so adding builldings or scripts to a "default team" won't work. Just place start positions like a regular skirmish map. You have limited control as far as scripting goes and you would be editing the default skirmish scripts that load into the game, which means you're doing a full MOD of the game for any map, OR you import the default scripts into your map and edit scripts for each faction. Note: the default script (found on the program side of the game) are out of order so a direct load from there won't load correctly. I've attached an edited version of the scripts, which should load correctly into your map.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 9, 2011 5:34:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
AI_Scripts.zip (225kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
Offline yurdeath2010  
#10 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2011 4:52:13 AM(UTC)
yurdeath2010
Captain

The way I am trying to set it up is kinda a mix between the both types. It is a multiplayer mission. would it be the same as a regular mission then in the way I set up the AI?

Sorry for the delayed reply, had a busy weekend last week.
Yurdeath2010

Offline yurdeath2010  
#11 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 9:57:50 AM(UTC)
yurdeath2010
Captain

well, I made the corrections and have done what you have said, set build permissions, checked already built, made the new team controled by computer, ect. But The buildings that I placed still do not appear when I start the game and the AI is not on the map. Any more ideas?
Yurdeath2010

Offline BR-Alexandre  
#12 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 10:29:43 AM(UTC)
BR-Alexandre
Major

Have the AI start with a few builders and buildings from objects list instead the build list
i don't know if will work....but u can try
"The Only Way To Have Peace is Prepare for War" <---I forgot who said this...

"Lasers make superior weapons!" <--- Townes
"Laser crusader ready for engagement" <--- Laser Crusader Tank
"Tactical lasers online" <--- Avenger Support Venhice
"Storm climbed mountain" <--- Pathfinder Elite Infantry
"Ready for covert mission" <--- Stealth Fighter Tactical Support
Offline yurdeath2010  
#13 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 11:05:35 AM(UTC)
yurdeath2010
Captain

I think I tried that before and when the game started, they were all neutral. Although, that was when I was using skirmish players, not one I created myself. So I will try that again and see how it works. I can't get to the map right now though cause the computer I was working on had the blue screen of death and is undergoing repairs.

edit: did it, still not working.

Edited by user Friday, February 25, 2011 1:15:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Yurdeath2010

Offline BR-Alexandre  
#14 Posted : Saturday, February 26, 2011 1:39:00 AM(UTC)
BR-Alexandre
Major

u said they are neutral when game start? be sure to give the building/unit to the AI or it will always be in standard

Also, ur making a mission rigth? then remove starting positions and it may do
any more experienced Map maker than me can help him? i don't know if i can

Offline yurdeath2010  
#15 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 4:32:15 AM(UTC)
yurdeath2010
Captain

the buildings are assigned to the "enemy" and the "enemy" does not have a start position. I have a starting position for the players but I see that all the official generals challenges do too.
Yurdeath2010

Offline Drummin  
#16 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 6:25:12 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General

Start positions tell the game that this is a skirmish map and thus any buildings placed or on the build list won't work. Remove start positions. Have the enemy command center as the first building on the build list with already built checked. Be sure the rest of the buildings are in the correct build order, i.e. power before supply, supply before war factory etc. Be sure you've scripted for the AI to have cash and you've given them permission to build with the script that says PlayerX can build buildings, PlayerX can build units.
Offline yurdeath2010  
#17 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 6:34:57 AM(UTC)
yurdeath2010
Captain

done all that. but if I don't have start positions, how can I get the human players in the game? All the official generals challenge maps have start positions for the human players.
Yurdeath2010

Offline Drummin  
#18 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 6:55:05 AM(UTC)
Drummin
General

"Human Players" is implying a skirmish map. If it is a challenge map then you will assign buildings or units to the human PLAYER (singular) to the default team you setup for the human player.
EDIT:If the map HAS start positions then it will load as a skirmish map but all placed buildings are NULL or not used and any custom scripting might interfere with the default scripts loading into the game and thus AI won't work. You need to decide what kind of map you are making and use start positions if skirmish and none if a mission/challenge map.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 1, 2011 10:18:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline BR-Alexandre  
#19 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2011 9:21:50 AM(UTC)
BR-Alexandre
Major

How do i make a non-stealth capable unit become stealth?

Code:
*** IF ***
    True.
*** THEN ***
  Set Unit 'Avenger1' stealth ability to TRUE.
  Set Unit 'Avenger2' stealth ability to TRUE.
  Set Unit 'Avenger3' stealth ability to TRUE.
  Set Unit 'Avenger4' stealth ability to TRUE.

tried this but didn't work
Avengers are boss ones, also unmanned

Edited by user Saturday, March 5, 2011 9:50:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Add information