Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gladero81  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 12:29:43 PM(UTC)
gladero81
Private

Hey All:

I was digging through the INIZH.bin(Specifically ChallengeMode.ini) archive the other day and as i was looking at how all the different generals were written in, it dawned on me that General Juhziz was originally slated to be a combatant in the generals Challenge. Since I had already modded the game to include the boss general, as well as enabling generals in the generals challenge to face each other, therefore adding an extra level into each campaign(with the exception of Juhziz and Fei), I looked around for any remnant of this unused level. I found a map, largely unfinished, that was clearly designed with him in mind. My early attempts to recreate the level have been unsucessful as I'm completely new to map-making. I managed to get it to play in the game, but it's not at all challenging since the computer doesn't act. At all. There are other problems as well, but I'll share them if people are interested. I'd love to add this level to the challenge, but it's not at all worthy of it yet. Anyone have any ideas?
Sponsor
Offline Annihilationzh  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 1:25:44 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 475 time(s) in 331 post(s)
Deezire finished the map. It's a part of his mod; progen.
If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline gladero81  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 6:20:36 PM(UTC)
gladero81
Private

And here I was thinking I found something special. Oh, well.
Offline gladero81  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 6:38:45 PM(UTC)
gladero81
Private

Can you tell me about this mod? Where can I get it? What else is in it?
Offline Annihilationzh  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 6:39:16 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

Deezire was one of the people that helped make the game. Progen is made up of everything that was planned before generals was prematurely released. You can get it here: http://www.deezire.net/f...ads.php?do=file&id=9

Pretty much everything in the game had been discovered by '05. If you search hard enough through the game files, you can find all the alpha models of the USA.

Just look at these recovered USA alpha models:

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Friday, January 29, 2010 6:51:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you need help, post in the forum. You'll get help a lot faster than if you send me a PM.

I reject all buddy requests. I don't think 'buddy' needs to be made official. It's not like you're marrying me.
Offline gladero81  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 11:03:37 AM(UTC)
gladero81
Private

Those look absolutely amazing. I'm almost sorry they didn't use them. What if I just wanted to use PARTS of Progen? I've been trying to just take the parts of Progen that I wanted, because, to be honest, Progen just seems like a totally different game. I just really wanted the Challenge Maps for Juhziz and Fei (Demolitions and Infantry). If I had time, I would design my own, but I'm a college freshman and spring semester just started. Is it possible to just rip those maps and scripts out, or is everything so interrelated that it's impossible to tamper with anything?
Offline Annihilationzh  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 2:26:40 PM(UTC)
Annihilationzh
General
United Kingdom

You can convert them back to the original game, but you'll have to edit the maps to replace missing units, special powers and similar things.

Offline Apocalypse232  
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2019 1:25:20 PM(UTC)
Apocalypse232
Captain
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi there.

I know this topic is really Old but I thought why not post in it instead of creating a new topic with the same titleBig Smile

Anyways, I have made my own private mod in which I restored General Juhziz's map.

I played this map in many mods but I didn't like their scripts so I decided to modify them to make them more logical and sensible (so that they match the general's commentary).The whole idea of this is to make the map more challenging and fun!

Now the problem is that when I play the map in challenge mode, the opponent doesn't do anything. I checked all the scripts and teams but could not figure out the cause. Can Anyone try playing the map or at least take a look at it and tell me what's wrong with my scripts?Shy

Edited by user Tuesday, October 22, 2019 12:53:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
GC_Demolitions General Map.zip (324kb) downloaded 56 time(s).