Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MicScoTho  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2008 7:42:52 AM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Welcome to the Red Alert 3 forum! In case you missed the news, Red Alert 3 was officially announced by Electronic Arts today. From the news:
Quote:
UserPostedImage
</div>Following numerous rumors this week, EA today officially announced Command &amp; Conquer: Red Alert 3.
Quote:
After seven years, Red Alert returns! After a time travel mission goes awry, a new superpower has been thrust onto the world stage and World War III is raging. The Empire of the Rising Sun has risen in the East, making WW III a three-way struggle between the Soviets, the Allies, and the Empire with armies fielding wacky and wonderful weapons and technologies such as Tesla coils, heavily armed War Blimps, teleportation, armored bears, intelligent dolphins, floating island fortresses, and transforming tanks.

Experience the next chapter of the Red Alert saga.
The official press release is available on the new Red Alert 3 website. Watch the official Battlecast Primetime Special Report announcement video here.

EA has also announced that there will be a full multiplayer beta program for the game - though it has not yet been announced when the beta will begin. From the RA3 website:
Quote:
The first step towards participating in the Beta program is ordering Command &amp; Conquer 3: Kane&rsquo;s Wrath. Not only will you get to play the latest installment of the Command &amp; Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars Saga, but within every purchase of Command &amp; Conquer 3: Kane&rsquo;s Wrath that contains the Red Alert 3 Beta Key Sticker is a key that guarantees you access to the Command &amp; Conquer Red Alert 3 Beta program if you register before September 15, 2008.
See the Red Alert 3 Beta Test FAQ for more details.

Some screenshots and concept art are available on the new website. Check out them Tesla . . . ships? Oh, and <span style="font-weight: bold;">assault bears</span>.
<div style="text-align: center;">UserPostedImage</div>

Additional screenshots here:
http://cncgeneralsworld....ck-ships-tesla-coils.jpg
http://cncgeneralsworld....-allies-bomb-soviets.jpg
http://cncgeneralsworld....-troops-attack-tanks.jpg
http://cncgeneralsworld....s-attack-allied-base.jpg
http://cncgeneralsworld....70213-tesla-airships.jpg
http://cncgeneralsworld....4-RA3_Announcement_1.jpg
http://cncgeneralsworld....4-RA3_Announcement_2.jpg
http://cncgeneralsworld....a/conceptart/ra3logo.jpg
http://cncgeneralsworld..../conceptart/ra3logo2.jpg
MicScoTho - Founder
Sponsor
Offline CG Apollos  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:12:47 AM(UTC)
CG Apollos
Commander in Chief

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Beta F.A.Q

Welcome Back, Comrade!
After seven years, Red Alert is returning with Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™ 3. Be among the first anywhere to play one of the most highly anticipated games of the year by joining the Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Beta program.

Q: How do I get into the Red Alert 3 Beta Program?

A: By purchasing a copy of Command & Conquer™ 3: Kane's Wrath that has a "C&C Red Alert 3 Beta Key" callout or sticker, you will have the opportunity to enter into the RA3 Beta Key program. Each copy of Kane’s Wrath with the Beta Callout will have an insert to enter into the RA3 Beta Program and a unique code. If you visit the designated website on the insert, enter your unique code and user information before September 15, 2008. You will be entered into the beta queue. The sooner you register on the website, the higher your place in the beta queue.

Q: Is the RA3 Beta Key Program Tied to Preordering Kane’s Wrath?

A: No, but the sooner you purchase Kane’s Wrath and register online for the beta key (by following the instructions on the Beta Key insert) the more likely you are to get access to the Beta before anyone else

Q: If I purchase Kane's Wrath, am I guaranteed into the Red Alert 3 Beta Program?

A: If you purchase a copy of Kane’s Wrath and/or the Command & Conquer 3 Limited Collection that contains the Red Alert3 Beta Key sticker or callout, you will be guaranteed a spot into the Red Alert 3 Beta if you register on the website before September 15, 2008 (see insert for specific instructions).

Q: I already Pre-ordered Kane's Wrath, does that mean I’m in the Red Alert 3 Beta?

A: No, you must follow the instructions on the Red Alert 3 Beta Key insert that is in each participating Kane's Wrath package to guarantee your spot in the Beta. But the sooner you register, the sooner you’ll be able to play in the Red Alert 3 beta.

Q: When will the Red Alert 3 Beta begin?

A: We’ll be rolling out more details on the dates of the Red Alert 3 Beta at a later time, but the sooner you register online with your unique code from Kane’s Wrath, the better your chances are of entering the Beta before anyone else

Q: Does every copy of Kane's Wrath and Command & Conquer 3 Limited Collection contain the Red Alert 3 Beta Key insert?

A: There are some countries that will not be participating, so check your local country's EA website for details. In North America, every single copy of Kane's Wrath and the Command & Conquer 3 Limited Collection will contain the special invitation to the Red Alert 3 Beta Program if you purchase before September 15th. If you’re not sure about your countries level of participation, look for the Red Alert 3 callout on the packaging in your country. If you see the Red Alert 3 callout, you're safe!

Q: How do I guarantee that I get to be the first one in the Red Alert 3 Beta Program?

A: Be one of the first people to purchase Kane’s Wrath and register your unique Red Alert 3 Beta Key on the designated website. Depending on when you registered and where you are located, you will be sent an invitation in a priority order.

Q: Are there any other ways of getting into the Red Alert 3 Beta aside from Purchasing Kane's Wrath?

A: Currently, the only way to get into the Red Alert 3 Beta is by purchasing Kane’s Wrath. It's is a special gift we’re giving to our most loyal fans and supporters.

Q: My question wasn't answered here, what do I do?

A: Check www.commandandconquer.com often as more details will be rolling out and be sure to watch BattleCast Primetime on either www.commandandconquer.com or through iTunes for the latest info on all things Command & Conquer.

Can't wait! I've pre-ordered two copies of Kane's Wrath, but from what I understand, only certain packages of KW contain a beta key inside, right? Or, is it just countries other than North America that have different chances of participating? If not, could anyone explain this to me?

I'll have a hard time deciding on whether to get this, or Starcraft II... Hopefully the beta is fun and stays true to the original RA2 gameplay while adding more units and abilities.

Are they taking away the subfactions, such as America, Germany, France, and Britain, and combining them all into one Allied team? Also, what is this talk about a Japanese Empire replacing Yuri? Is this a joke? Thanks!

Edited by user Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:19:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline MicScoTho  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:23:02 AM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffRed Alert Staff: Red Alert Staff MemberAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff
United States

AuroraAlphaHL2 wrote:

Can't wait! I've pre-ordered two copies of Kane's Wrath, but from what I understand, only certain packages of KW contain a beta key inside, right? If not, could anyone explain this to me?
Since you're in North America, I believe you should be fine with the preorders:
Quote:
In North America, every single copy of Kane's Wrath and the Command & Conquer 3 Limited Collection will contain the special invitation to the Red Alert 3 Beta Program if you purchase before September 15th.

This translation of a Hungarian magazine article gives some clues about Japan - once you... uh, translate the translation and get past the speculation:
Quote:
Japanese are new to the game, so they have new units for sure. First of all the Sea Wing bomber – it can be converted any time to submarine, and not because it was shot down! Tsunami tank is other new innovation from Japan, that even a big destructor, it loves water. Really. It slows down on the shore, but it got a big gun. And I'm not talking about myself this time hehe. Allied units use Apollo fighters, that are deadly in air, but nothing against ground units, so it needs a good friend and companion, the Century bomber. This one is slow, vulnerable to anti-air fire, but when it bombs. Oh my.... it bombs like lotta hell! Mirage Tank is a good memory from Red Alert 2, for sure all of you remember on the trick, that Mirage turned into a tree. New trick, trees can turn inot Mirage tanks! No, kidding... New Mirage tank will be able to turn to something else. My lucky guess: a tub. Soviet are numerous and not so high tech (just call'em low tech, Arnie). Kirov Airship uses a helluva lot of hit points and helluva lot of destructive boms. No antiair defense in all, but very beautiful explosion effect is included, when it's coming down! Mobile V4 artillery is the little son of the late V3 used in old red Alerts. It1s a very precise weapon with a big destructive range. Of course it can swim too, and doesn't turn to be a submarine. I swear. Stingray sloop is a small, but fast ship, equipped with Tesla's lightning hurler. And 2 of that toy. Yumm!
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline CG Apollos  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:40:03 AM(UTC)
CG Apollos
Commander in Chief

Thank you for explaining that to me so quickly! When I first read the F.A.Q it sounded like you needed a special package or order. I'm happy that EA decided to reward everybody with a beta.

EA's announcement on www.commandandconquer.com seems to hint towards a Japanese side, though there is alot of skepticism among other C&C community members. I quote:

Quote:
...making World War III a three-way struggle between the Soviets, the Allies, and the Empire with armies fielding wacky and wonderful weapons and technologies like Tesla coils, heavily armed War Blimps, teleportation, armored bears, intelligent dolphins, floating island fortresses, and transforming tanks.

What if the Soviet Union survived and thrived; what would it look like 10 years in the future? What if the Japanese Empire had never fallen and instead became the ultimate high-tech military superpower? The end result is an imaginative and playful vision of an alternate future filled with possibility.
I guess this is the replacement for Yuri, but if so, alot of the interesting psychic technologies from the previous games are gone. Any idea of what special technologies Japan holds? From the sound of that Hungarian magazine, they seem to like transformers and naval attacks. Planes to submarines? Very strange.

Edited by user Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:49:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline MicScoTho  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2008 11:11:49 AM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
United States

Here's what I get out of the Hungarian translation:
Japan:
Sea Wing Bomber - airship that can be converted into a submarine?
Tsunami Tank - Very destructive; fires tsunamis from the shore?

Allies:
Apollo Fighters - Air units that are deadly against other air units but cannot attack ground troops.
Century Bomber - Companion to Apollo Fighters, the Century Bomber drops highly explosive bombs on ground targets. Vulnerable to anti-air fire; cannot attack other air units.
Mirage Tank - New Mirage Tank, turns into something else (not trees).

Soviets:
Following the style of previous Red Alert games, the Soviets are not as high-tech as the Allies - but that doesn't mean they don't pack a punch.
Kirov Airship - The Kirov makes a return in RA3 in the familiar form - lots of armor, and powerful bombs. Vulnerable to aircraft attack. Supposedly has an impressive explosion effect which destroyed by the enemy.
Mobile V4 Artillery - A smaller(?) successor to the V3, the V4 is a very precise weapon with a long range. May be able to travel through water as a submarine(?).
Stingray Sloop - A small but fast ship, equipped with two Tesla Coils. Seen in this screenshot.
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline randomperson  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2008 1:05:01 PM(UTC)
randomperson
Colonel

these seem very wired iders, I assume they are trying to concentrate on navel battles this time around
UserPostedImage
Offline incia  
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2008 2:09:36 PM(UTC)
incia
Commander in Chief

Red Alert series have always been heavily about NAVAL wars, that's why tiberium series hardly have any (none command-able anyway?).

About the pre-order thing though, what about europe; sweden?
How do I get into the Beta? If that is even possible for me?

PS: You guys are fast, I just read these things 5 mins ago on the official homepage.
Offline CG Apollos  
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:12:41 PM(UTC)
CG Apollos
Commander in Chief

Incia wrote:

About the pre-order thing though, what about europe; sweden?
How do I get into the Beta? If that is even possible for me?
I am not sure, actually. Quote:
Quote:
There are some countries that will not be participating, so check your local country's EA website for details. In North America, every single copy of Kane's Wrath and the Command & Conquer 3 Limited Collection will contain the special invitation to the Red Alert 3 Beta Program if you purchase before September 15th. If you’re not sure about your countries level of participation, look for the Red Alert 3 callout on the packaging in your country. If you see the Red Alert 3 callout, you're safe!
If you're not sure whether or not your country will be participating in the RA3 beta test, be sure to check your Kane's Wrath package for something relating to RA3 before you buy it.

Inside of your RA3 package will be a Beta Key Insert which will designate a website for you. After you visit the website, it will give you directions on how to register and activate your Beta Key code.

Once you have registered, you will be entered into the Beta queue. Depending on when you register and your location, you will be called upon to activate your Beta key at any given point during the Beta program. Once that time comes, you will be contacted via email with instructions for downloading the Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Beta client. You must download the client within the time period indicated to you in the email.

Anyways, I hope that you get in man!

By the way, here is a nice forum post on the official boards talking about the Hungarian magazine article. It's unfortunate for me to hear that the gameplay is slowed down; I miss the fast-paced action that RA2 had.

Edited by user Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:14:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline incia  
#9 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2008 2:31:43 AM(UTC)
incia
Commander in Chief

But then it might not necessary have to be a "pre-order"? I mean, well C&C games aren't THAT popular in sweden in the first place (for example when I bought TW 3, I was the only dude in the store that day).
So I guess when the game comes out, I can just go and buy it "normally"? :o
Offline CG Apollos  
#10 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2008 7:03:42 AM(UTC)
CG Apollos
Commander in Chief

Personally, I pre-ordered the game, but any method of payment works as long as there is an RA3 callout on the package. Infact, you're probably better off going into the store to make sure that you get the RA3 Beta.
Offline MicScoTho  
#11 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2008 9:53:59 AM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
United States

Here's a ridiculously high-resolution concept art image of a soviet base (you may have seen it already if you've been following the game closely): http://www.cncgeneralswo...ptart/base_soviet_hd.jpg
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline Luckie  
#12 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2008 12:47:16 PM(UTC)
Luckie
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff

wow, that IS ridiculously high res. As bad as the game looks, odds are it will be pretty fun.
Offline MicScoTho  
#13 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2008 7:49:59 AM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
United States

Here's a message from APOC re: graphics:
APOC (in official forums) wrote:

Hey guys,

Thanks for the good feedback thus far...just so you know, the screens from Ingromania don't do our graphics justice as those are low-res. In the coming weeks you'll see many more shots, we took about 20 to be released in our first month of announcements and magazine stories. I've been working hard on taking screenshots for this game for the past month. The game has already gone through many upgrades since these screenshots, visual upgrades, etc, so if anything looks low poly or not finished, thats because its not ) You're looking at RA3 1.0...as is normal with development time, in a few months, you'll see some dramatic differences.

We do have snow =) You just haven't seen it yet! But we got it!

Best screens to look at are the high-res ones.

And make sure to check out the PC Gamer story, they have the best of everything right now.

Its a new day Comrades...

Best,
APOC
MicScoTho - Founder
Offline CG Apollos  
#14 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2008 3:11:48 PM(UTC)
CG Apollos
Commander in Chief

Hey guys, I've spotted some photos of the April 2008 issue of PC Gamer on the official EA forums. Here are the big points from the article, posted at the beginning of the thread:

- No Prism Tech. for the Allies, but Chrono returns
- Almost every unit will have secondary abilities. The Conscripts can throw Molotov Cocktails, for instance.
- Campaign can be played alone as well
- Rather than free-form building, buildings will be placed on a grid, to insure there are no pathfinding problems (Look at the left of page 51 for an unclear screenshot showing the grid system)
- Each of the 3 campaigns will have about 8-10 missions.

You can find 6 photos at the bottom of this thread here.

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2008 3:18:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline MicScoTho  
#15 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2008 4:55:42 PM(UTC)
MicScoTho
Administrator
United States

No prism technology...?

MicScoTho - Founder
Offline randomperson  
#16 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:26:05 PM(UTC)
randomperson
Colonel

MicScoTho wrote:
No prism technology...?

I liked prism tech, it was fun to blow up the bast vircals in one hit
UserPostedImage
Offline Phe0n1x  
#17 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 8:23:55 AM(UTC)
Phe0n1x
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffMaps Staff: Maps Staff Member

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
no prism tech? that's lame. LAME I SAY! it was probably because it was "too rigged" or something -.-
UserPostedImage
Offline incia  
#18 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 9:15:42 AM(UTC)
incia
Commander in Chief

YAY! No prism... nice.

Didn't Einstein die in RA 3? Which is the reason for no Prism technology?
Offline Stewox  
#19 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 10:57:38 AM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

Incia wrote:
YAY! No prism... nice.

Didn't Einstein die in RA 3? Which is the reason for no Prism technology?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT ... but expansion is plannnnnned .... muhuhhaha

mm i wonder if the cinematics would be totally RA2 like , i also watched all previous CNC movies (on the site) and i can again approve that RA2s were and are the best.

Edited by user Saturday, February 23, 2008 11:03:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Luckie  
#20 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 11:48:11 AM(UTC)
Luckie
Administrator
C&C Labs Staff: Labs Staff MemberThe Forgotten Staff: The Forgotten StaffAll Stars Staff: All Stars Staff

I can feel the EA marketing wheels turning: "Prism tech will available as an optional digitally distributed addon download for 1000 Microsoft points. In other news, the storyline and multiplayer will be available for unannounced nominal fee."