Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rurik101  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2007 1:53:38 PM(UTC)
Rurik101
Private

I went out and purchased C&C TFD so my brother & I could play Zero Hour with/against each other over our lan connection.

When I installed it I went to play it gave us an error that there was a version mismatch. Familiar with the error, I first went online to see if, for some reason, it hadn't patched and that it might automatically download like it had in the past on the normal Zero Hour, but had no luck, and also discovered that I couldn't play online either.

Next I went to options to see if I did have v 1.04 and it says there that I do!

I attempted to get the 1.04 ZH patch offline but encountered an error that I believe, after searching the error, comes from trying a ZH patch on TFD.

I have tried everything I could think to do, which includes:

Uninstalling & reinstalling just the Generals & ZH portions of TFD
Repairing the installation
Uninstalling & reinstalling TFD using the program uninstall
A complete manual uninstall and reinstall (manual uninstall included deleting the installshield files and registry keys)
Everything suggested in previous topics on the subject listed in this forum

Can anyone help me out? (Sorry for the lengthy post)

Edit: I've tried a few other things but those were related to the error when I tried installing the ZH patch, I also have one final idea that I'll be trying soon.

Edit 2: Idea tried, got patch 1.04 to install, but didn't get ZH to work online. A note for in the future if anyone has a problem installing patch 1.04 then use WinRAR to extract the file that's causing the problem from the data1.cab on the ZH disc and move it into the game folder.

Edited by user Saturday, December 29, 2007 2:07:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Offline Stewox  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2007 5:08:11 AM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

How i understand this , that you had one ZH(without TFD) for you , than you bought another ZH for brother which was in a TFD packs :

1. TFD ZH (games) doesn't work properly with normal ZH (without TFD games) ...or it takes many user fixes
2. TFD ZH is already patched to 1.04
3. Reinstall , uninstall , repair , wont help here. If possible don't use TFD.(if you dont need early C&C's , or you already have most C&C's in a standalone ver. , like me)

NOTE: that i have no idea with TFD , above is what i heard and what i assume.

Edited by user Sunday, December 30, 2007 5:11:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Rurik101  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2007 9:32:11 AM(UTC)
Rurik101
Private

That's the general gist of it but you had it backwards, my brother already had the copy.

1. Following that I assume you can't play online ZH either then, which can't be the case b/c I've seen it done without incident.
2. It says that it's patched to 1.04 but plays like 1.00 and is only compatible with 1.00
3. I have a standalone version of everything after/including Tiberian Sun. I got TFD b/c my Yuris Revenge disc is cracked as well & I wanted to play that a bit more.
Sky Demon  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2007 3:15:46 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am sorry for the useless post here as it has nothing addressing the problem at hand.

But why does the TFD(The First Decade) games in the set not work with the normal stand-alone versions.
I don't even like calling them "Versions". It is stupid really that the same game and same version of the game does not work with the same game, just because it's not from a Box-Set.

Can anyone put in a word to EA about this? Because it has to be some form of a bug.

Again, sorry about the useless post.
Offline Rurik101  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 12:12:08 PM(UTC)
Rurik101
Private

Can nobody help me out with this then? -.-

Edit: Stewox your comments about TFD ZH not working with the normal version are incorrect. I've conversed with people both online and in real life that have TFD and have played online or over lan with others that have the normal version without any problems whatsoever.

Edited by user Monday, January 7, 2008 12:20:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Stewox  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 12:29:42 PM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

yes , you need 2 standalone ZH's or 2 generals deluxe's to normally play the ZH game over LAN or online. Orelse , contact EA , the links should be in the support folder on CD.
and please don't discuss about cracks and stuff like this , here.
UserPostedImage
Offline Rurik101  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 12:34:54 PM(UTC)
Rurik101
Private

errr I don't know how to do cracks let alone know anyone in real life that does.

I find it disgusting that anyone would do such things personally and that it has no place anywhere, let alone here.

I just relay what people's personal experiences on this subject have been, or lack thereof as the case may be.

Edited: Lacked relevant, meaningful content.

Edited by user Monday, January 7, 2008 12:37:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Stewox  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2008 12:48:52 PM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

The fact is , i know it is somehow possible , but if you are a newbie , the above solution is better for you , i also have one standalone and one deluxe edition , so i dont need to know any possible fixes.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 8, 2008 2:16:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Comando112  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2008 11:14:53 PM(UTC)
Comando112
Major

Stewox, the ult warfare works with the normal general/zero hour game? I have the Ult warfare and the cnc saga
UserPostedImage
Offline Stewox  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 5:42:26 AM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

Saga works , TFD doesn't ; ZH
Atleast what i heard , and what are people complaining about every day , its TFD.
UserPostedImage
Offline glyndawn  
#11 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 10:54:48 AM(UTC)
glyndawn
Private

no one can help then ???????? regarding mismatch
Offline Stewox  
#12 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 1:14:58 PM(UTC)
Stewox
Major

Yesterday news
"Top shop , action , special offer , linksys routers only $25 in your local wallmart store ... "
UserPostedImage